• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The FO has a giant decision on their hands and the Rangers have the M's for 4: SEA @ TEX 7/14-17

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dru Jones next and we go Termarr?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think those guys are movable unfortunately
we can only hope that someone wants them, or we will carry them to the end which means some of the guys i want to see (Thompson, Harris, Crim, Foscue) probably won't get called up and it will slow down the team's advancement.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocker is accustomed to the attention. For a second consecutive year, the former Vanderbilt star has earned an honor nobody seeks more than once: the most famous player in the MLB first-year player draft. Standing 6-foot-5 at 245 pounds, he is a right-hander with a big-league-ready arsenal: a 98 mph fastball, a wipeout slider and a hard curveball that buckles the knees of anyone looking for either of the other two. His motion is smooth and easy, almost nonchalant, and the ball leaves his hand from a three-quarter arm slot with a fluidity that gives the velocity an element of surprise, not an easy feat when it's emanating from the body of a defensive end.
The scout's job, then, would seem to be easy. Sturdy guy with great stuff, a repeatable delivery and a history of competing at the highest amateur level. So, what's the catch? "He's a big leaguer pitching in indy ball right now," says Pete Incaviglia, the ValleyCats manager who played 12 years in the majors. "If he's not a top-five pick in the draft, I don't know who is."

But among the many peculiar distinctions Rocker has earned over the past few years, this might be the most important: He has managed to be both overexposed and mysterious.