• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU starts a new losing streak

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You expected NC's at WVU? How old are you?
We're WVU. We are not an elite program. Lofty expectations for a program w/ zero titles in anything other than rifle (where we just kick ass), I'd say yes! Yes, we were ranked #2 about this time last year. Who did we play in the tourney? Oh, that's right, the eventual national champions.
Exactly who would you put in Huggins' position? What would you expect of that person?

Cop out answer...if Gonzaga can threaten every year ...Wv should as well...period....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggins told all of us at the press conference celebrating his hire as the WVU HC that there was no reason he couldn’t win NC’s. He told all of us he knew he could recruit to Morgantown.

Last week, he said he can only recruit 3 star kids who he’s only seen play AAU ball.

Seems like Huggs is making excuses for his team’s performance this year.

We’ve been told those excuses are unacceptable for our football program.

Why the double standard?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to elaborate? Or, we just should?

Gonzaga has ZERO resources...especially in comparison to Wv..what do you think the difference really is?..I would suggest that its the culture that Few has created at Gonzaga and the NBA style of play that attracts recruits...Huggins is stuck in the past...see Bobby Knight...

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga has ZERO resources...especially in comparison to Wv..what do you think the difference really is?..I would suggest that its the culture that Few has created at Gonzaga and the NBA style of play that attracts recruits...Huggins is stuck in the past...see Bobby Knight...
You ever been to Spokane? The resources are abundant. Okay... was he stuck in past when we to the final 4? Last year? By all means, let's 'fahr' Huggins... 3 years later, we're nobody, but okay.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever been to Spokane? The resources are abundant. Okay... was he stuck in past when we to the final 4? Last year? By all means, let's 'fahr' Huggins... 3 years later, we're nobody, but okay.

Come on!...Even George Mason went to the Final Four!...So he gets the team to that bucket once and he should be called a hero?..How many of those were his recruits again?...the players had to TEACH HIM the 1-3-1 if I remember my facts correctly..

This is supposed to be a HOF coach...we got the same IF NOT better results from Beilein...and he started with absolutely nothing..

After being in Morgantown for almost 12 years that in his press conferences he messages about his past success and seems more times than not to fall all the way back to his Cinncy days to find it.....sad don't you think?

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on!...Even George Mason went to the Final Four!...So he gets the team to that bucket once and he should be called a hero?..How many of those were his recruits again?...the players had to TEACH HIM the 1-3-1 if I remember my facts correctly..

This is supposed to be a HOF coach...we got the same IF NOT better results from Beilein...and he started with absolutely nothing..

After being in Morgantown for almost 12 years that in his press conferences he messages about his past success and seems more times than not to fall all the way back to his Cincy days to find it.....sad don't you think?
I don't listen to the pressers, usually. It's most always 'coach speak' and boring. Does he reminisce on his UC days? That would be strange, indeed. And yeah, sad as well.
We have a toxic locker room, and he has lost control of this team. I doubt we'll see a few of the kids return. This year is total garbage, but I won't be calling for his head yet. I hope he gets a handle on the squad, he isn't looking too healthy. I'm wondering if it's a case of 'he's never had these kind of 'divas', and he's not sure how to handle them. I say: Treadmill, haha!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to the pressers, usually. It's most always 'coach speak' and boring. Does he reminisce on his UC days? That would be strange, indeed. And yeah, sad as well.
We have a toxic locker room, and he has lost control of this team. I doubt we'll see a few of the kids return. This year is total garbage, but I won't be calling for his head yet. I hope he gets a handle on the squad, he isn't looking too healthy. I'm wondering if it's a case of 'he's never had these kind of 'divas', and he's not sure how to handle them. I say: Treadmill, haha!!

He had a team a few years back where he ejected everyone...and last year he put Teddy Buckets on the street...is that the right way to handle these kids in this day and age?..I don't know...What I see is that Coach K, Calipari, Peterson, Self , Barnes, Few and a number of SEC coaches that have their programs on the rise seem to be able to relate....maybe this is just a blip...but concerning...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggy isn’t going anywhere until his contract is up or he decides to step down early. No Balls isn’t going to do it especially after Huggy’s contract extension in ‘17. We’ll just keep enjoying history. We can continue making reference to the Final 4 run.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggy isn’t going anywhere until his contract is up or he decides to step down early. No Balls isn’t going to do it especially after Huggy’s contract extension in ‘17. We’ll just keep enjoying history. We can continue making reference to the Final 4 run.

In the end, that is what makes this whole season not matter. As fans, we know that watching our team finish last in the conference this year means nothing actually.

We have a future HOF coach who took us to the Final 4. If this year’s team doesn’t win another game, we went to the Sweet 16 two years in a row... just last year.... we did.

I’m looking forward to watching my boys take on the Cyclones tomorrow. Maybe the cowards won’t play like cowards.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully he has another run in him before he retires.

The hopes of Grier helped Holgerson keep his job. Huggs has a McDonalds All American coming in next year.

So Here I go again "Next year it is CCG or bust for Huggs"

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another blow out loss.

Our HOF HC got tossed.

I smell an extension of the streak coming this Saturday.

Are we still in last place?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another blow out loss.

Our HOF HC got tossed.

I smell an extension of the streak coming this Saturday.

Are we still in last place?

If we finish last, do we still get a participation trophy?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we finish last, do we still get a participation trophy?

For finishing last, our HC gets $3.85 million. I won't add the bonus for beating KU because he donates that money in memory of his momma.

How about that? Maybe no trophy... but, would you be OK with that kind of cash? For last...