• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU starts a new losing streak

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that? Maybe no trophy... but, would you be OK with that kind of cash? For last...
Absolutely. Isn’t that the going rate for all those other future HOF HCs who are winning CCs and NCs? Next year will be our year and if not, it could be the year after that. And if not the year after that, then it could be the year after that. We allegedly got a top recruit coming in next season who wants to play Huggy Ball. Why else would he come here and if he doesn’t leave, we have all of those years to look forward to.

I thought it was against the law to bring in JUCOs.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Isn’t that the going rate for all those other future HOF HCs who are winning CCs and NCs? Next year will be our year and if not, it could be the year after that. And if not the year after that, then it could be the year after that. We allegedly got a top recruit coming in next season who wants to play Huggy Ball. Why else would he come here and if he doesn’t leave, we have all of those years to look forward to.

I thought it was against the law to bring in JUCOs.

Dana relied on JUCO's because he couldn't recruit HS kids.

Huggs recruits JUCO's because he is bad at evaluating HS kids. He only gets to see HS kids playing AAU ball. JUCO's play at a level kind of like AAU. But, there's a difference.

Huggs is going to fix it. That means he's going to wipe away his mistakes. The kids he recruited to play guard. He made a bunch of mistakes with them. They ain't gonna be part of his team. He gonna go get some JUCO's to replace.

History tells us this will work. It worked for him when he cleaned up all of his recruiting mistakes following the
'13 and '14 seasons. So, we know it will work again.

Bobby will bring in some boys like Tarik Phillips... Jaysean Paige. Guaranteed.

He won't be bringing any JUCO's like D'Angelo Hunter or Teyvon Myers. Those boys didn't help. We're guaranteed he won't make mistakes like them no more.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs is going to fix it. That means he's going to wipe away his mistakes. The kids he recruited to play guard. He made a bunch of mistakes with them. They ain't gonna be part of his team. He gonna go get some JUCO's to replace.

History tells us this will work. It worked for him when he cleaned up all of his recruiting mistakes following the '13 and '14 seasons. So, we know it will work again.
Thank goodness for history!

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="5466854" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.8175182481751821"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/church-religion-blues-brothers-ihave-seen-the-light-gif-5466854">Church GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/church-gifs">Church GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Last edited:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. Video didn’t load right.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current losing streak is over.

79-71. WVU owned the offensive glass to produce its offense in the 2nd half.

With Beetle’s injury, Huggs has been forced to play his freshmen guards. And, they are performing.

Isn’t that weird...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current losing streak is over.

79-71. WVU owned the offensive glass to produce its offense in the 2nd half.

With Beetle’s injury, Huggs has been forced to play his freshmen guards. And, they are performing.

Isn’t that weird...
Didnt get to catch the game today. Any idea what the PT breakdown was for the pups?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt get to catch the game today. Any idea what the PT breakdown was for the pups?

Knapper had himself a day. He played around 26 min and scored 25 pts.

McCabe started, but played sparingly as Knapper had the flow going. Played 11 min.

And Doomes... who Huggs felt needed to play this year to help the team win so he pulled his redshirt midseason... played 5 sec.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L WTH is up with that iyo?

Huggs making it an easy decision for Doomes to transfer maybe?

Its odd to say the very least.

To be honest with you, I've got nothing.

Huggs explanation for pulling the redshirt was to get a kid on the court who could take it to the basket off the dribble. IMO, Doomes looks like he has the tools to be a pretty good player. He has handles and can push the ball with speed. He moves his feet well on defense too. I would actually prefer seeing him on the court than Harler for this very reason.

Personally, I feel Huggs has once again mismanaged his freshmen. But, that's nothing new...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with you, I've got nothing.

Huggs explanation for pulling the redshirt was to get a kid on the court who could take it to the basket off the dribble. IMO, Doomes looks like he has the tools to be a pretty good player. He has handles and can push the ball with speed. He moves his feet well on defense too. I would actually prefer seeing him on the court than Harler for this very reason.

Personally, I feel Huggs has once again mismanaged his freshmen. But, that's nothing new...
Based on what I've seen with Doomes I have to agree. IMO it would make sense to have the guy who can drive it consistently on the floor with the guy like McCabe who can shoot well positioning himself for the kick out to either shoot or find a big guy underneath but...

The only thing that I can think of is Huggs just sees/hears something in practice ect. that leads him to believe that Doomes doesn't quite have it all down mentally just yet but if that's the case then why burn the RS? Just...weird and frustrating TBH because I think these kids could grow into a nice 3 headed monster given time/experience in the backcourt.

I dunno, he seems to be fine with running 345 different player combinations out there yet when it comes to Doomes… no RS and now no PT to speak of and the team aint that much better to boot imo.

:noidea: beats me

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've seen with Doomes I have to agree. IMO it would make sense to have the guy who can drive it consistently on the floor with the guy like McCabe who can shoot well positioning himself for the kick out to either shoot or find a big guy underneath but...

The only thing that I can think of is Huggs just sees/hears something in practice ect. that leads him to believe that Doomes doesn't quite have it all down mentally just yet but if that's the case then why burn the RS? Just...weird and frustrating TBH because I think these kids could grow into a nice 3 headed monster given time/experience in the backcourt.

I dunno, he seems to be fine with running 345 different player combinations out there yet when it comes to Doomes… no RS and now no PT to speak of and the team aint that much better to boot imo.

:noidea: beats me

I think you’re spot on about practice and what our players may or may not be showing the coaches.

This is the thing with me though.... Huggs plays kids big minutes who make mistakes consistently. Kids with terrible effort. TO’s... lack of hustle... poor defense...

When you’re in middle school, you are taught some of the higher principles of playing defense. You learn how to play man... you learn how to play it as a team.

When you play man, you learn where to position yourself when the ball is in different parts of the halfcourt. You learn who is responsible for help defense and who is responsible for rotating to fill the open man when one of your teammates gets beat.

Look at our help defense. How many times do you see Harris and West come off their man to help when they are on strong side... or ball side? Honestly, there is zero reason for them to be making this decision at this point in their playing career.

Doomes may be lost on help defense. But, I don’t think he’s any more loss than any of our upperclassmen.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds look promising that WVU starts a new losing streak tonight.

ESPN’s basketball predictor index gives us an 8.8% chance of winning.

I ain’t no rocket scientist, but I think them odds ain’t so good...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright... we got us a new losing streak!

Embarrassing loss in multiple ways.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was bad basketball. Culver is looking like a b-ball player. Asa has disappeared.

Among all the problems with this team, the biggest is they can’t shoot. Layup, jump shot, three pointers missed, and missed again. Unser 20 % from 3 and under 30% from the floor will never win you a game.

On the bright side, freshman are getting a bunch of minutes.

I think we are all but eliminated from the big dance this year. Another streak will end.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was bad basketball. Culver is looking like a b-ball player. Asa has disappeared.

Among all the problems with this team, the biggest is they can’t shoot. Layup, jump shot, three pointers missed, and missed again. Unser 20 % from 3 and under 30% from the floor will never win you a game.

On the bright side, freshman are getting a bunch of minutes.

I think we are all but eliminated from the big dance this year. Another streak will end.
NCAA tournament? I'm not sure this team makes the CBI?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA tournament? I'm not sure this team makes the CBI?

Yeah... after our big win over OU, Huggs thought the team was ready to get back into the Dance.

After Monday night’s embarrassing performance, those thoughts are likely no longer there.

9 FG’s made.

The entire game.

HOF coaching.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next team up for WVU... Texas.

ESPN predictor gives us a 43% chance to beat the Longhorns on Saturday.

Chances look good that we start a new losing streak Saturday afternoon.

Our HOF coach needs to try to get this team out of last place. The 10th highest paid coach in America should be able to get that done... right?