• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU starts a new losing streak

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell does that make any fucking sense?

The message was GAMES are earned in the tourney...my point of view is if you get hot at the 3 point line winning games can be lucky.. Show me a team that can shoot 70 percent at the 3 point line for 5 straight tourney games then I will change my mind

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right...I think Huggins overrated..not because he can't coach...its because he's a dinosaur...

He still lives off of his Cincinnati team that if I remember correctly never won a NC!...He came to Wv saying BECAUSE he's Bobby Huggins recruits would be flocking to Morgantown...instead he's getting beaten in recruiting by BUZZ WILLIAMS at VT of all places..and Tony Bennett at Virginia...and take a look at the Conference...seriously..they can get better players in Waco, FT Worth , Ames and Manhattan than at Wv?...its not a location thing...its DEFINITELY a COACHING THING...

Why?...who want's to play in a Bobby Knight Motion offense anymore?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even WOFFORD is out recruiting WV!!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure bs, funny that urban had the opinion that had TCU been Oklahoma that OSU would have been left out. Guess you know more about it than one of the best coaches the game has ever seen......unreal. so all those leagues teams dont care who their champions are....Holgorsen is gone, get over it. Every one else in the world except three luck lovers has the opinion that a sweet 16 appearance is a good season......get a clue
How does this tie into the fact that Huggins can’t get past the Sweet 16 and can’t adjust to a new way of coaching? The fact that he doesn’t have his recruits ready to play. Lately there has been tremendous effort from the team but Huggins hand is forced. He can’t do the hockey substitution and is forced to coach. Where is WVU’s championship? I’ll wait.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban is one of the greatest college football coaches of modern times.

He is too busy to know how the CFP Committee determines its rankings. I’ll stick to my understanding everyday of the week.

Whether you want to admit it, you are once again talking out of both sides. You hate polls... but, you’re good with the NCAA tournament. They have a committee that puts the field in a seeding based tournament. That’s basically ranking the teams #1-#68. That’s OK for you because they determine their champion on the court.

College football now has a committee ranking teams #1-25. WVU has been ranked in it the past 2 out of 3 years.

There isn’t a serious... knowledgeable... expert sports fan... who values the NCAA tournament the way you do. I must have a clue. My thoughts on the subject match the experts.
That's rich, you know more about college football than urban meyer........hey let's do basketball like football, we will have a four team playoff, Duke. North Carolina, kansas, and a wild card every year.......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know more about the CFP Committee’s analysis of the teams they ranked than Urban Meyer. As I should. He does not have time to waste on shit like that.

To think Meyer would know more because he’s a HC is an ignorant thought. How much college football does a HC watch or follow? There is a reason the Coach’s Poll is considered a joke if anyone needs a clue.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I’m not surprised to see some of fans beam in pride over the success in the NCAA tournament. For all of us, the past has not been kind. Before Beilein came to Morgantown, I had only seen us advance that far one time... Catlett’s ‘98 squad.

But, is the success of what happens in the NCAA tournament more important than what happens during the regular season?

The NCAA tournament has made the regular season matter less and less. This year, we will see a lot of the at-large field with under .500 conference records.

If you want to reward excellence on the field of play, you believe in the CFP. IMO, the field needs expansion. But, the top 8 teams in the country have clearly demonstrated their separation from the rest of the field.

If you want to hold on to cute Cinderella stories... David vs Goliath stories... you choose to hold the NCAA tournament near and dear.

There’s nothing wrong with loving the NCAA tournament. I enjoy the hell out of it! But, let’s not celebrate winning two fucking games in it like it’s brought us a NC.

That’s fucking silly...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I’m not surprised to see some of fans beam in pride over the success in the NCAA tournament. For all of us, the past has not been kind. Before Beilein came to Morgantown, I had only seen us advance that far one time... Catlett’s ‘98 squad.

But, is the success of what happens in the NCAA tournament more important than what happens during the regular season?

The NCAA tournament has made the regular season matter less and less. This year, we will see a lot of the at-large field with under .500 conference records.

If you want to reward excellence on the field of play, you believe in the CFP. IMO, the field needs expansion. But, the top 8 teams in the country have clearly demonstrated their separation from the rest of the field.

If you want to hold on to cute Cinderella stories... David vs Goliath stories... you choose to hold the NCAA tournament near and dear.

There’s nothing wrong with loving the NCAA tournament. I enjoy the hell out of it! But, let’s not celebrate winning two fucking games in it like it’s brought us a NC.

That’s fucking silly...

For some reason, I knew your good buddy Slaton labeled your post a winner.

How many collegiate sports have a tournament or playoff where 1 loss eliminates you. The NCAA bball probably has too many teams involved, but that also adds to the excitement and gives more fans hope and a reason to watch the games.

I like to reward excellence on the field of play but I don't believe in the CFP. In the CFP, your schedule really defines what you do. SEC teams pack in 1AA teams for one reason only, so they can win and look better to the CFP. Champions are often determined by excellence in scheduling rather than excellence on the field. Contrast that to Basketball where good teams seek out each other to play knowing that a loss will not destroy your goals for the season. We see Kansas play Duke in Basketball every year. How often will we see a Clemson and Tide schedule each other during the regular season in football? How many teams are eliminated from contention after the first two weeks of the season in CFB, v CBB?

How can you better decide excellence on the field go 11-1 in football with 2 ranked teams on your schedule or win 6 games in a row against the best teams in the nation?

I'll take the tourney any day and would love to see something similar in football.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many collegiate sports have a tournament or playoff where 1 loss eliminates you. The NCAA bball probably has too many teams involved, but that also adds to the excitement and gives more fans hope and a reason to watch the games.

I like to reward excellence on the field of play but I don't believe in the CFP. In the CFP, your schedule really defines what you do. SEC teams pack in 1AA teams for one reason only, so they can win and look better to the CFP. Champions are often determined by excellence in scheduling rather than excellence on the field. Contrast that to Basketball where good teams seek out each other to play knowing that a loss will not destroy your goals for the season. We see Kansas play Duke in Basketball every year. How often will we see a Clemson and Tide schedule each other during the regular season in football? How many teams are eliminated from contention after the first two weeks of the season in CFB, v CBB?

How can you better decide excellence on the field go 11-1 in football with 2 ranked teams on your schedule or win 6 games in a row against the best teams in the nation?

I'll take the tourney any day and would love to see something similar in football.

The SEC isn't the only conference that schedules FCS teams in football. In fact, WVU has been doing so for a few decades now. We find many SEC teams schedule FCS opponents for the penultimate weekend of the regular season. The CFP is not impressed by FCS victories. The CFP has not penalized the weekend FCS opponents are scheduled. WVU and other teams from other conferences schedule FCS opponents for the first few weeks of the season.

OU and tOSU played. ND and UGA played. Bama and FSU played.

This CFP thing is new. The NCAA tournament has been going on forever. Give the school administrators and conference commissioners time. The CFP definitely rewards difficult schedules. Look at the way they treated LSU last year. Despite 2 losses, they remained a top 10 ranked team... staying ahead of a few 1 loss teams... like our own WVU.

The NCAA tournament champion wins 6 games to earn the crown. Those are not 6 games against the best teams in the nation. It isn't even close. 1 and 2 seeds play the easiest path to the Sweet 16. Opening with a 16 and 15 seed respectively in the 1st round. Play the winner of 8/9 and 10/7 in the 2nd round. The committee has ranked those 2nd round opponents between #28 - #43 out of the original field of 68.

Let's keep it real...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow that stings!! :lol:

The FCS is the the only NCAA conference NOT to have a Tournament....

I don't know if I agree with the Analogy...a football schedule is 12 games...a basketball schedule is 30 plus..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everyone busy trying to run Huggins out of town, no one noticed the win over the Cyclones last night. Pretty impressive win IMHO.

It was a great win. Sadly, Beetle wasn't there to cheer on his former teammates.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everyone busy trying to run Huggins out of town, no one noticed the win over the Cyclones last night. Pretty impressive win IMHO.
Did your nuts shrink when ISU cut the lead down to 12 or 14 with slightly over 10 minutes in the 2nd half? Wifey came downstairs and placed me in a timeout for yelling at the television.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great win. Sadly, Beetle wasn't there to cheer on his former teammates.
Does this mean his actions can be considered on par with Will Greer? What about Sagaba Konate? Sitting out since December and possibly heading to the NBA Draft?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With yesterday’s loss, WVU finished in dead last place.

We face OU in the play-in game of the Big 12 Tournament. I expect we’ll lose to finish off one of the most disappointing seasons of recent memory.

Yesterday was a chance to have a winning streak... have their first road win of the season. Poor defense ruined it for everyone.