• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you flop if you played in the NBA?

Would you Flop?

• Total voters

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is justifying it or even saying they like it. What some of us are saying is that until the league gets serious about stopping it, it's going to continue. Some of us are also saying that if we were in the NBA today, we'd do it too. As a player, your job is to use any advantage you can get. If that means fooling the refs into a calling a foul that shouldn't have been called, then the refs didn't do their job as well as the player did his.

Once it stops working, players will stop doing it. It's like the intentional fouls used on players who are lousy free throw shooters. No one likes it and we fans ridicule it and boo it (when it happens to a player on our team), but it happens until it doesn't work.

Not saying they said they LIKE it, but many are giving the game's worst offenders a pass for doing it because "it helps their team win". I just find that kind of thinking bogus...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying they said they LIKE it, but many are giving the game's worst offenders a pass for doing it because "it helps their team win". I just find that kind of thinking bogus...

D-Fish was/is a Hall of Fame level flopper. Did you complain when he did it? Or did you laugh about it like I did (only to get pissed at him on those occasions when it didn't work)?

Personally, I don't see it as giving them a pass as much as it's understanding that it's going to happen until the league stops it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Fish was/is a Hall of Fame level flopper. Did you complain when he did it? Or did you laugh about it like I did (only to get pissed at him on those occasions when it didn't work)?

In all honesty i never laughed about it and i do know he was notorious for it. Same for Vlade when he did it. I'd simply shake my head more often than not...

Personally, I don't see it as giving them a pass as much as it's understanding that it's going to happen until the league stops it.

Well, don't know if i agree with that considering some of the posts i've seen. If they're favorite players weren't doing it i doubt very seriously it'd be defended this hard, that's all i'm saying...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, don't know if i agree with that considering some of the posts i've seen. If they're favorite players weren't doing it i doubt very seriously it'd be defended this hard, that's all i'm saying...

Of course not. That's part of what being a fan is about. I laughed and cheered every time Vlade or D-Fish got away with it and bitched and booed every time an opponent got away with it.

It's like last year with Dwight. Pissed me off when other teams used Hack-A-Dwight on him. I loved it this year when the Lakers did it to him.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a charge and flopping is a fine line. I remember my 8th grade coach laid a mat out and we practiced "taking charges" AKA as falling over when the contact didn't make you fall over.