• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you flop if you played in the NBA?

Would you Flop?

• Total voters

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from a patriot fan? LMAO. serious, bro? Your coach is a cheater and your rings are all lies.

Laughable.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think that was BK's point. i think he just wanted to know how here would flop if they played. fans, including myself, hate flopping. but if i was in the NBA.. i would do it. it's helping your team win, and that is your job.

i hate it.. but i dont hate it that much when lebron and wade are shooting free throws.

Then you're a pussy.:nod:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you're a pussy.:nod:

maybe. they say you are what you eat. But I would be a pussy with a better shot at a W.

It's not like im advocating putting your opponents under surveillance to gain an advantage. That shit makes you a hero in boston.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to make shit up ain't no one got time for that shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that it literally does nothing. It's a waste of time. There is no advantage to be gained by not telling the ref you fouled someone; you're just not wasting anyone's time.

:laugh3:What a load of crap. You have no idea if they'd change the call or not, because it hasn't been tried. Just admit you don't have an answer about what I said and move on. Refs change calls via instant replay. Why not when a player self reports? They could at least go to video review.

And there is plenty advantage gained by not telling the ref you fouled someone. If you hook someone on a drive to the basket and score; how is that not an advantage?

If you hold someone on defense and they don't score or turn the ball over because of it; how is that not an advantage?

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I guess I agree somewhat. However, the difference to me is that hooking a guy doesn't make you look like a bitch. Flopping because you can't take some contact does. Especially when you are a beast like LeBron. That's just chump shit to me.

So, it's isn't whether or not you cheat, it's whether or not you look like a bitch cheating? You know what you look like when you the game? A winner.

I'd rather win the game.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they can't. Once the call is made it is made.

Replay only is allowable in certain situations on certain calls.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they can't. Once the call is made it is made.

Replay only is allowable in certain situations on certain calls.

Show me the rule where it says they can't. Refs change calls all of the time. Yes, video review is only used in certain situations. However, refs discuss calls among themselves all of the time to make sure they got the right call.

Why couldn't they discuss it and change the call if a player speaks up and says "he didn't foul me"?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they can't. When the call is made it is made.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they can't. When the call is made it is made.

Like I said, show me the rule. You say they can't change calls, yet they change calls all the time.

So I guess what you're saying here is that they can't because you say so!!:L

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A different official with a better angle can overrule the first official, but that's not the first official changing the call. It's deferring to the guy who saw it better.

A player cannot overrule the ref's eyes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A different official with a better angle can overrule the first official, but that's not the first official changing the call. It's deferring to the guy who saw it better.

A player cannot overrule the ref's eyes.

In other words, there is no rule to prevent it.

Just as I thought.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any coach I ever had would bench you in a heartbeat if you flopped.

If a coach will bench you for not being a little bitch, they're a joke too.

Your coach must have been a punk bitch then.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has an official ever changed a call when someone admitted to it? You can't call your own fouls.

Yes they have changed calls when someone admitted it. Just because you are unaware of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and frequently. Some players take foul calls all the time to keep someone else from getting it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this thread is not trying to justify the all time high flopping thats goin on.

Flopping is not at an all time. If LBJ wasn't flopping, nobody would notice the flopping that is going on as it is the same as other years.

As I stated before I don't mind flopping as long as it is not the dramatic kind when you act like you just got shot.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flopping is not at an all time. If LBJ wasn't flopping, nobody would notice the flopping that is going on as it is the same as other years.

As I stated before I don't mind flopping as long as it is not the dramatic kind when you act like you just got shot.

those are my favorites flops. i yell "sniper" from the couch.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the rule where it says they can't. Refs change calls all of the time. Yes, video review is only used in certain situations. However, refs discuss calls among themselves all of the time to make sure they got the right call.

Why couldn't they discuss it and change the call if a player speaks up and says "he didn't foul me"?

My guess, which is no more than that, is that refs don't want to look like they're showing the players more respect than they're getting FROM the players.

If that's not it I've got nothing.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again. Say the game's changed and it's somehow " acceptable all you like. It's STILL cheating and totally unnecessary. With all the bad acting jobs in recent memory i don't see how anybody can justify it...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess, which is no more than that, is that refs don't want to look like they're showing the players more respect than they're getting FROM the players.

If that's not it I've got nothing.

The point is, there is no rule preventing it. Also, check montsho's post on this page.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again. Say the game's changed and it's somehow " acceptable all you like. It's STILL cheating and totally unnecessary. With all the bad acting jobs in recent memory i don't see how anybody can justify it...

I don't think anyone is justifying it or even saying they like it. What some of us are saying is that until the league gets serious about stopping it, it's going to continue. Some of us are also saying that if we were in the NBA today, we'd do it too. As a player, your job is to use any advantage you can get. If that means fooling the refs into a calling a foul that shouldn't have been called, then the refs didn't do their job as well as the player did his.

Once it stops working, players will stop doing it. It's like the intentional fouls used on players who are lousy free throw shooters. No one likes it and we fans ridicule it and boo it (when it happens to a player on our team), but it happens until it doesn't work.