• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Working on a comprimise to reinstate Ray, Clyde, AC & RV

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed out of this whole thing on purpose last night but what is the resolution here? Or is it still in the works.

BTW Sick, if you really are mod now, that still doesn't mean we will agree lol.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestion going forward....for Sick and mods.

First, sticky the rules into the Niners forum. There for everyone to see, no excuses.

Some violation of the rules, 24 hours to cool off.
Next offense, 1 week to think deeply about their transgression.
Third offense, 1 year ( the "Rodriguez"). Mods above Sick have to agree before enforcing.

Thoughts???

Well done Tomikcon. We all have opinions and disagreements and that is what's great about this forum. We come here to celebrate the success of the team as well rant about their failures. But at the end of the day, we are all passionate about the Niners and that is one thing we have all in common. One doesn't have to be a total jerk to disagree about what someone said.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed out of this whole thing on purpose last night but what is the resolution here? Or is it still in the works.

Everyone gets a huge raise except for Dodub.....

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good afternoon all. Been away for over a year. What's new?

(Don't really want to know - I will just head over to the draft threads. Thanks.)

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As things were sort of winding down, Sick asked Hammer if he was feeling magnanimous enough to consider unbanning Ray, clyde, AC, and Rvnight. In return Sick would moderate the board and gave his word he wouldn't ban any posters (what got Ray in trouble), instead informing Hammer or other mods about any user causing trouble. Also said he would attempt to convince Ray & clyde to let bygones be bygones upon their return, therefore keeping everything that happened yesterday or prior to that, in the past.

No starting shit or holding grudges, and no trying to advertise migration to another message board.

The thread was then deleted/hidden after a bit of celebration of the deal's agreement. Now we just need to hope clyde & Ray actually want to be here, but I'd be surprised if they don't want to at least test the waters.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As things were sort of winding down, Sick asked Hammer if he was feeling magnanimous enough to consider unbanning Ray, clyde, AC, and Rvnight. In return Sick would moderate the board and gave his word he wouldn't ban any posters (what got Ray in trouble), instead informing Hammer or other mods about any user causing trouble. Also said he would attempt to convince Ray & clyde to let bygones be bygones upon their return, therefore keeping everything that happened yesterday or prior to that, in the past.

No starting shit or holding grudges, and no trying to advertise migration to another message board.

The thread was then deleted/hidden after a bit of celebration of the deal's agreement. Now we just need to hope clyde & Ray actually want to be here, but I'd be surprised if they don't want to at least test the waters.

Thanks for the summary. I admittedly checked out a third or so of the way through because I didn't have the time but it's interesting to get the gist of that whole thing yesterday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the OP of the thread so I know what my intent was in asking the original questions and I was also present throughout much of the discussion. This wasn't about you, no matter how much your ego drives you to believe it was. So I asked you to stop poking at the situation that didn't have anything to do with you. Did you ban Ray? No. Did you have anything to do with Clyde or AC or RV being banned? No. Did you have anything to do with mending fences? No. In fact, you seem to be ok with simply being a dick for no reason, which is not surprising, but does nothing to help the situation.

No. Just his removal as Mod. I never wanted Clyde Banned. As for mending fences, yes, in fact I was the only one who took a conciliatory approach toward what happened in the thread. As usual, my cool head prevailed. Lastly, if anyone is a dick, its you.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Just his removal as Mod. I never wanted Clyde Banned. As for mending fences, yes, in fact I was the only one who took a conciliatory approach toward what happened in the thread. As usual, my cool head prevailed. Lastly, if anyone is a dick, its you.

You are a dolt. His removal as Mod had NOTHING to do with yesterday's convo because Clyde was still in on that thread. As a matter of fact, the only mention of you and him as Mod was, GASP, brought about by you, openly thinking and hoping that you were helpful in that decision....another show of both narcissism and of being a dick. To take credit for what Sick did in terms of mending fences is also a show of how much of a delusional asshole you tend to be on a regular basis. Sick orchestrated the discussion towards a solution, you had literally ZERO to do with that.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, you getting anywhere in contacting the fellas in question?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Quick update:

I volunteered to moderate the board on 2 conditions.

1. Ray, Clyde, RV & AC were reinstated.
2. Ray & Clyde were willing to put this whole issue behind then, agree to disagree & get back to ignoring our families and obsessing about football! :nod:

I haven't heard back from Ray & Clyde yet, and I'll let you all know if / when I do. If Ray & Clyde don't want to come back I won't be accepting moderator responsibilities. I expressed my appreciation to Hammer for at least letting me try to fix all this, and I hope it works.

In the mean time, I'd appreciate it if everyone kept this conversation extra cordial (even you Toby) until I hear back from the guys who recruited a ton of us in the first place (along with Tomik in my case). Also, if anyone else has other forms of communication with Ray, Clyde or even imac I'd appreciate it if you passed this post along to 'em. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the summary. I admittedly checked out a third or so of the way through because I didn't have the time but it's interesting to get the gist of that whole thing yesterday.

In a bit of an odd way, the banning of AC, RV, and clyde (including the factor it was pushing midnight on the West Coast) probably lead to Ray having an opportunity to come back, because once the thread got a bit more quiet I had the chance to reiterate to Hammer how users being upset/angry could be related to how long many of the posters have been arguing football as a community. He said he understood. I also asked if he'd consider temporary bans as opposed to permanent bans, which he said he'd listen to, and right after that Sick went for it with his plea, and Hammer obliged.

For what it's worth I give Hammer credit for being willing to accept the pleas of a couple of desperate Niner fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a dolt. His removal as Mod had NOTHING to do with yesterday's convo because Clyde was still in on that thread. As a matter of fact, the only mention of you and him as Mod was, GASP, brought about by you, openly thinking and hoping that you were helpful in that decision....another show of both narcissism and of being a dick. To take credit for what Sick did in terms of mending fences is also a show of how much of a delusional asshole you tend to be on a regular basis. Sick orchestrated the discussion towards a solution, you had literally ZERO to do with that.

Try not to pontificate on things you know nothing about. You are so far behind. I got sick of Clyde's shit a coule of months ago and showed Misko some of Clyde's posts and asked him if he wanted his site associated with such behavior from its mods. That is what got Clyde started on the slippery path to being un-moded. He did not like being reprimanded by the site ownership for his profanity laced posts to me and started getting nasty about it and voilah, he got removed.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick update:

2. Ray & Clyde were willing to put this whole issue behind then, agree to disagree & get back to ignoring our families and obsessing about football! :nod:

I haven't heard back from Ray & Clyde yet, and I'll let you all know if / when I do. If Ray & Clyde don't want to come back I won't be accepting moderator responsibilities. I expressed my appreciation to Hammer for at least letting me try to fix all this, and I hope it works.

In the mean time, I'd appreciate it if everyone kept this conversation extra cordial (even you Toby) until I hear back from the guys who recruited a ton of us in the first place (along with Tomik in my case). Also, if anyone else has other forms of communication with Ray, Clyde or even imac I'd appreciate it if you passed this post along to 'em. Thanks.

Good work. I hope they both come back.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick update:

Again, thanks for all of your effort. You are to be commended.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't posted here in a long time since work has been insane for the past year or so and I didn't want get into a discussion that I could not make a constructive contribution to. I do pop in when I can to get updates on the team and the various opinions on this board, which I thoroughly enjoy. Some posters might be more animated than others in their opinions, while others might take harmless message board banter and insults a little too seriously. It is a virtual space after all and it really should not grind anyone's gears as much it does sometimes.

I really hope Ray and Clyde are willing to put the past behind them and come back to the board. I have enjoyed their posts all the way back from the BSPN days. It will be a shame if they take this incident personally and not want to come back.

Finally, thank you Sick, and others for all that you have done to help smooth this situation out and work towards the agreement of letting the banned posters back in. I really appreciate all your efforts.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try not to pontificate on things you know nothing about. You are so far behind. I got sick of Clyde's shit a coule of months ago and showed Misko some of Clyde's posts and asked him if he wanted his site associated with such behavior from its mods. That is what got Clyde started on the slippery path to being un-moded. He did not like being reprimanded by the site ownership for his profanity laced posts to me and started getting nasty about it and voilah, he got removed.

And again, that had NOTHING to do with the thread yesterday until you tried to pry your way into the convo by openly patting yourself on the back. We were talking specifically about Ray, again, something you had nothing to do with.

Congrats on removing Clyde as Mod. Well done. Again, had NOTHING to do with the thread, hence my initial comments to you on THIS thread.

Let's see if you can follow along this time.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, that had NOTHING to do with the thread yesterday until you tried to pry your way into the convo by openly patting yourself on the back. We were talking specifically about Ray, again, something you had nothing to do with.

Congrats on removing Clyde as Mod. Well done. Again, had NOTHING to do with the thread, hence my initial comments to you on THIS thread.

Let's see if you can follow along this time.

Never said it did, Just that Clyde had no business being a moderator here and I was glad that I was someone who did something about it instead of using your method of whining and complaining.

I gave my opinion on what I thought happened to the 4 in question in your OP. If you didn't like it, I don't give a shit. I'm not here to please you. In fact, I never even think about you unless you start talking out of your ass to me. That is the only time I reach out and slap you down. Other than that I leave you alone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Finally, thank you Sick, and others for all that you have done to help smooth this situation out and work towards the agreement of letting the banned posters back in. I really appreciate all your efforts.

You're more than welcome, and I hope it works. I'd hate to see people with good things to contribute cut off their noses despite their faces.

P.S. I just realized I misspelled compromise. Spelling errors are 20 times worse in the title. :doh:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're more than welcome, and I hope it works. I'd hate to see people with good things to contribute cut off their noses despite their faces.

P.S. I just realized I misspelled compromise. Spelling errors are 20 times worse in the title. :doh:

Ha ha! I wasn't going to say anything. It does seem a lot worse when you do it in the thread title. It just stares at you every time you open the thread.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

toby Im going to ask you nicely one time to please let this all go and let things mellow out for now there is no need to rub peoples noses in the whole sorted affair.thank you .:suds: