• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL SUICIDE 'A' DRAFT THREAD

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can mention him now since I don't see any way possible that tlance takes him, even as a flyer.

But I thought for sure Foot would take a late round chance on Tyreek Hill.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this done yet?

anigif_enhanced-13913-1425343270-4.gif

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tlance texted me his final pick. He takes RB Nyheim Hines (IND); and I'll take QB Tricky Nicky Foles (JAX)

Done.

2019 Suicide A Draft.png

View attachment 205939

Attachments

• 2019 Suicide A Draft pos totals.png
    2019 Suicide A Draft pos totals.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 3

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Rosters have been input. EVERYONE be sure to check them to make sure I didn't screw up. ..... pleasure fellas !!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Rosters have been input. EVERYONE be sure to check them to make sure I didn't screw up. ..... pleasure fellas !!!

Hey, whatta bout mine?

Oh yeah, never mind; until next year. :dhd::dhd::dhd:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can mention him now since I don't see any way possible that tlance takes him, even as a flyer.
But I thought for sure Foot would take a late round chance on Tyreek Hill.
That thought definitely crossed my mind in the last rd. ....

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had to stay tuned until Joe made his QB2 pick. I think he made the right choice.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Recap - Joe's Team

Let me just start by saying that as important as last year's stats were, my goal was to primarily target "best available" on good offenses foremost.

Alvin Kamara (1) At the time of the selection, no expert in ECR had him #1. He averaged 1 TD per game and plays in a top offense. Plus Ingram stole 42% of their carries last year. I don't see Latavius Murray coming close to that percentage.
T.Y. Hilton (24) He's 29 which is old to some. He played thru a high ankle sprain and still managed close to 1300 yards. Of the players available at 24, he's the only WR who averaged more than 90 yards per game.
Zach Ertz (25) Perhaps a reach at #25, but after Kelce & Kittle were gone, the bottom literally falls out of the TE position - at least, a reliable bottom. Plus his 8 TD were 2nd best among TE.
Robert Woods (48) In keeping with my strategy, good WR on a heavy passing offense. 130 targets and averages 86 ypg.
Julian Edelman (49) Another steady contributor. Was on pace for well over 1200 yards averaging nearly 80 ypg.
Derrius Guice (72) My intent here was to draft David Montgomery but since tlance swiped him one pick ahead of me I really had to break from my comfort zone. Gambling that with Gruden's butt on the line, no way Adrian Peterson stays the starter. And that Guice is healthy and healed.
Ronald Jones II (73) OTA news says new coach Bruce Ariens is impressed with him. Jones better be impressive because his 2018 stats are awful. (My other option was James White here but went with the back-to-back gamble backs.)
Drew Brees (96) Haven't owned him in a while. Great TD-to-INT ratio so I'm not too worried about losing points with him.
Kenny Stills (97) Dolphins might be downright awful this year, but if Fitzpatrick slings 400 yards a game, hopefully Stills catches most them. Go garbage yards! Or in Stills' case - chum yards.
Peyton Barber (120) Since my RB plans derailed & there's not much value to choose from, a handcuff at least assures me of a starter. (Yep, I guess I'm still not over tlance swiping David Montgomery.)
Ravens (121) Thought for sure lefty would take the Ravens. Five DST were already pillaged at this point. I had the Ravens ranked 3rd. Very happy that the DST that finished 2nd in fantasy scoring, allowed the 2nd-fewest points scored, & has a relatively easy schedule fell to me.
Marqise Lee (144) Dede may be the ECR/ADP favorite (TKO took him in the 7th), but if fully healthy, he's definitely in the running as the WR1.
Stephen Gostkowski (145) Before I make some snarky comment about it "just" being a kicker, 5 owners drafted kickers ahead of me. Needed someone on a good offense that will simply get chances.
Nick Foles (168) Truthfully was hoping Trubisky would fall to me. Only because it seems he has plenty of nay-sayers after throwing for a modest 230 YPG. So no Bears this year. Heck, not even an NFC North player on my team. While I hope Foles does well, I also hope Brees (my QB1) stays healthy.

@leftypower - thanks, my team is correct.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft recap- Fuzzies team- drafting from the turn

David Johnson, Julio Jones- Thrilled these two were available on the turn. Had both ranked higher than #12 & 13.
DeVonte Freeman, Sony Michel- still think RB pool is thin. Decided to take best available for my #2RB and bench RB early
Matt Ryan, Tyler Boyd- Took Ryan ahead of Russell Wilson, hope he lives up to it- Boyd is controversial player but I like him
Corey Davis, Courtland Sutton- Need WRs at this point. Really like break out potential for Sutton.
Vance McDonald, Carsen Wentz- Best TE on the board. QB is most important position on the field so wanted a good QB2 so drafted 2nd QB early.
Denver Broncos, Jaylen Samuels- Denver DST could be top 5 this year with Fangio. Surprised Samuels was still there for my RB4.
DeSean Jackson, Robby Gould- Needed a 5th WR with some upside. Older Jackson shoud be OK if he can stay healthy... and a kicker

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so here is the Fantasy Pros Analysis compared to Fantasy Pros ECR:

Suicide-Fantasypros-ECR.jpg

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here's the one compared to 41 "experts"

Suicide-Poll-of-41-Experts.jpg

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally thought I had the 4th best bench, not the 5th best bench. ECR is drunk!

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stomp @obxyankeefan

So to recap, everyone has a backup QB. I could use one just in case. My options are Stafford, Foles and Carr.

Surprisingly, the A league board has pushed Carr. Crickets for Stafford.

Including you 2 since you're the resident Lions fans. Even though Stomp has a conflict of interest as my "challenge" opponent.

:2cents:

The Lions front office wants a run heavy offense with a stout defense. I'd avoid him in this format as i expect him to get used a lot like Mark Sanchez was in Rex Ryans offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see sub 500 pass attempts this season.

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty draft synopsis: Very happy with this team overall. Missed out on a few - got some others. Pretty much all you can hope for when faced with the experts of this league. Think this should be a contender for the title, but looking at OBX's team the A vs B challenge will be very tough.

QB -
Deshaun Watson (Rd 5) - Couldn't pass on perhaps the greatest QB in Clemson history. With the few oline improvements HOU made, his running ability, and Hopkins catching pretty much everything thrown his way, seems like a no-brainer for me. IF the other WRs can stay healthy for any length of time, I see big numbers from him.
Lamar Jackson (rd 12) - Run, Run, Run Lamar. His matchup on Watson's bye was too good to pass. Besides, in the 12th rd feel he was easily the best left and I just had to have one BAL player - why not ?

RB -
C. McCaffery (Rd 1) - It was between him and Gordon, went with the guy with zero competition for touches and better track record (although short) in durability.
C. Carson (Rd 4) - For a #2 RB he fit the bill at this point was leaning toward Ingram or Michel but they were gone so grabbed the next best available. The only concern is durability but what's life without a risk here and there ?
Lat. Murray (Rd 7) - Certainly inline for touches in a awesome offense. If he can turn the touches into half of what Ingram did, he'll be a fine bye week filler.
R. Freeman (Rd 10) - Kind of a crapshoot, but all the RBs at this point are. He's no less than #2 in the pecking order, and I'm still just not sold on Lindsey as a workhorse back. Toyed with taking Justice Hill here, but just went with a guy I figure will at worst be inline for 10 or so touches a game.

WR -
A. Brown (Rd 2) - Fell lower than I thought he would and glad to be a ble to grab him as my WR 1. I really don't expect the same numbers he had with PIT, but the guy is durable and even at a reduction of 1/3, he'll still put up excellent numbers.
Keenan Allen (Rd 3) - Rivers #1 on a throwing team. As a #2 WRs I thrilled to have him. Durability is a bit of a concern, but easily capable of WR 1 numbers.
A. Jeffery (Rd 6) - Came down to him or Robinson went with the better offensive situation. Does have some durability issues but as a #3 WR felt he as a steal at this point.
C. Samuel (Rd 8) - Gifted athlete capable of scoring from anywhere. In truth, there were a few guy taken this rd ahead of me that I felt would be more consistent - but the potential is high.
DK Metcalf (rd 14) - My annual flyer and #2 ranked rook WR - with Baldwin retired only Lockett ahead of him in the pecking order. Seems with the big body, he could do damage in the redzone - especially considering the lack of competition.

TE - E. Ebron (Rd 9) - Waited and waited after the top guys went off the board since pretty much the best you can hope for is a guy who will be a redzone target - he obviously fits the bill. If the numbers are 2/3 what he did last yr, I'll be a very happy guy.

DST - Patriots (Rd 11) - Always in the top 10 as long as Hoodie is there - no chance

K - M. Badgley (Rd 13) - He's a kicker that met my criteria of having a different bye than my TE and DST. He does all that, and plays for a pretty darn good offense.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit
Which set of charts would we reference when the 2019 season is over and we want to compare the accuracy?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit
Which set of charts would we reference when the 2019 season is over and we want to compare the accuracy?
I still find it very interesting that TKO somehow managed to have the lowest ranked starting lineup and the top bench. ... obviously he nailed the later part of the draft. ....

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still find it very interesting that TKO somehow managed to have the lowest ranked starting lineup and the top bench. ... obviously he nailed the later part of the draft. ....
I'm looking at the overall draft and in my opinion this has to be one of the most level drafts across all 12 owners. I don't really see anyone having a bad team. Sure, there may be players I personally would avoid or not have drafted in certain rounds, but all 12 rosters have the potential to be really good.

Go A league!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at the overall draft and in my opinion this has to be one of the most level drafts across all 12 owners. I don't really see anyone having a bad team. Sure, there may be players I personally would avoid or not have drafted in certain rounds, but all 12 rosters have the potential to be really good.
Go A league!
Oh yea, just look at the numbers, everyone is a twisted ankle away from beating anyone on a given day - parity is always present in MBBRL. ....