• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL SUICIDE 'A' DRAFT THREAD

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went out of my element and targeted RB early... ;)

5th Overall

QB
Round 6 - Jared Goff...system is lights out and this QB-Coach duo aren't even in their prime yet.
Round 10 - Ben Roethlisberger...probably regression w/o AB, but QB1 upside still remains.

RB
Round 1 - James Conner...another system pick, surprised myself by passing on Gordon.
Round 2 - Dalvin Cook...looks pretty lonely on the depth chart, hoping health allows 300 touches.
Round 3 - Aaron Jones...let's see if he can be the guy under a new coach, we all know he should.
Round 5 - Kenyan Drake...let's see if he can be the guy under a new coach, we all know he should. ;)

WR
Round 4 - Kenny Golladay...already a borderline #1, how 'bout a TD spike this year?
Round 7 - Dede Westbrook...something tells me this will be Foles' guy, hoping to build on his 100 point season last year.
Round 8 - Tyrell Williams...certainly capable of being consistent... but, is Carr?
Round 9 - Golden Tate...had Ebron queued up, thanks a lot Lefty. Went with the vet, over my usual young guy reach.

TE
Round 12 - Kyle Rudolph...only TE, probably risky considering his situation atm, gotta have faith.

DST
Round 11 - Saints...good, getting better.
Round 13 - Cowboys...Bills matched up better, thanks a lot Sam, but Cowboys also underrated.

K
Round 14 - Matt Prater...might be my most drafted player of all time.

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might as well join in the fun, pretty sure we do these mini recaps every year

Cam (11) / Cousins (12) - as the 14th and 15th QBs off the board, like what I ended up with. Cam is a perennial top 5 QB when healthy and Cousins is basically playing in a contract year again (I know he has another year left on the deal, but when do franchise QBs play on the last yr of their contract without extension talks in the works?). Like to wait on QB, and this year is no different as Ram waited a round past me to grab his QB1 and QB2 and I still like the combo he landed in Rivers/Trubs.

Gurley (2) / Damien Williams (3) / Josh Jacobs (4) / Darrell Henderson (9) / Miles Sanders (10) - Gurley in the 2nd round, 11th RB taken, just couldn't pass it up. Really wanted Chubb here, and was actually happy to see Gurley fall, assuming Barilko would take him. Knowing this league, and the depth of QB/WR, I decided to go heavy RB after taking Adams in the 1st round. I don't expect or need Damien to be the unquestioned backfield workhorse for the Chiefs, I just need him to stay healthy and outperform his draft slot RB19. Same for Jacobs, just need him to finish as a top RB2 instead of the RB22 where I took him. Most 1st round RBs get enough touches to finish as at least an RB2, and I think the Raiders get a little better on offense in year 2 of the Gruden era. Henderson is the cuff for Gurley, and Sanders could be a monster steal if he somehow captures a lead role in Philly and is the RB that gets the TDs.

Adams (1) / Lockett (5) / DJ Moore (6) / Shepard (8) - messed up a bit here, totally forgot to keep bye weeks in mind. Accomplished exactly what I wanted to out of my WRs though - get 1 stud, then stock up on guys that are returning to the same teams with expectations of taking on larger roles/breaking out. I try to avoid the FA WRs that moved around the league and the rookies in this format - too much uncertainty. I'd be shocked if Lockett, Moore, and Shepard don't see target share increases for their teams this season, just based off attrition (Baldwin, Funchess, Odell).

Evan Engram (7) - after missing out on the top 3, I wanted one of OJ Howard, Engram, or Henry. Tlance made it easy on me, taking Henry earlier in round 7. Engram finished as a top 6 or 7 TE his rookie season with Odell injured, could be in line for a great season as he's more familiar with the pro-level game and Giants offense.

Browns DST (13) - still feels weird being happy about landing the Browns, but they have amassed quite a bit of good young talent in recent drafts, went defense heavy in this year's draft

Tavecchio (14) - Falcons kicker was one of the 1st ones off the board when Bryant was in his prime, hoping this guy can keep it going. And they play indoors, one of my preferences for my suicide kicker

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 12 - Kyle Rudolph...only TE, probably risky considering his situation atm, gotta have faith.
Pretty sure that trade rumor lowered his value. Then they sign him to an extension! That's gotta make you happy. Got good value late.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that trade rumor lowered his value. Then they sign him to an extension! That's gotta make you happy. Got good value late.

Oh! Didn't know. Knew he was going to camp regardless, that was enough for me.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno...I tried trading him away for nearly anything in a dynasty, all the responses were basically, "why, they don't use him?". The prospect of going to a team that might involve him actually raised his value in my book. I think its a shame he stayed. Another year of being ignored

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so here is the Fantasy Pros Analysis compared to Fantasy Pros ECR:

Not surprised to see the teams that used fantasy pros rankings as a baseline to score highest here.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno...I tried trading him away for nearly anything in a dynasty, all the responses were basically, "why, they don't use him?". The prospect of going to a team that might involve him actually raised his value in my book. I think its a shame he stayed. Another year of being ignored
The new pass-happy OC might change that.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't find that anywhere - saw they offered 5yrs but not that he's agreed to it yet. ...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoa...they signed the 5 year extension?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, you guys that do coma. You're welcome. Only drafting one quarterback put an extra one out there for you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance Team:

1: Ezekiel Elliott- the safest of te elite RBs. Increased pass game usage in 2018 raises his ceiling and floor.
2: Mike Evans- Not my ideal target here, but really like his upside with Arians running the show.
3: Marlon Mack- Think he is pretty safe as the bell cow in really good offense
4: Andrew Luck- My number 2 overall QB. Think the Colts will score a lot of points this year
5: Cooper Kupp- really strong per game performer in a dynamic offense.
6: David Montgomery- Sorry Joe!
7: Hunter Henry- Love the value year. Think he is most likely of the second tier TEs to join the top tier this season.
8: Bears DST- a top defense is a must in this format for me. I got the top defense.
9: Larry Fitz- AZ going to throw a lot. Fitz is their best passing game option. Still.
10: John Brown- Don't love owning a Bills WR, but this is the best bet of that bunch
11: Mecole Hardman- upside, upside, upside
12: Will Lutz- he kicks balls
13: Jimmy Garrapolo- small mistake here. If I had realized Jameis was available he would have been my pick.
14: Nyheim Hines- just in case Mack isn't the man.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I did the comparison, might as well do the summary as well.

From #11
Rd1- L. Bell. Was actually a tough decision. With DJ, Mixon and Chubb there, I couldn't decide what to do. I typed in DJ twice, but couldn't make myself buy into Murray and the Air Raid, and a rookie HC, all clicking in year one in the NFL. And no matter what Fuzz did, one of them would be there next pick. Bell might not be what he was in PITT, but he should still be elite or damned near it.

Rd2- Joe Mixon. Fuzz both gave me a gift, and a headache. By only taking DJ, I still had to make a tough choice. Love Chubb, but that second half with Hunt scares me. Had to go with the rock solid Mixon. He may join elite ranks this year as well. Plus the new HC is an old Husker, and we liked to run the ball.

Rd3. Stephen Diggs. a painfully long wait watching all receivers worth a damn fly off the board, left me with Diggs, who I dislike, but, he does produce well. Could've been worse.

Rd4 - Chris Godwin. I figure if I'm stuck with mid level choices at WR, I may as well go for the guys who are currently more potential than production. At least theres room to expand and its not a "he is what he is" situation. Godwin isn't what hes going to be, yet. Hopefully he gets there this year.
Rd5 - N'Keal Harry. Obviously a reach, probably a big reach. But given the lack of big body producers in NE, and Brady's love of them at times. His potential outweighed the other mediocrity available at the time.
Rd6 - Russell Wilson. The 5th rd run at QB's got me a little itchy, so I went for one. RW can somewhat disappear for stretches, but he can also flat out single handedly win 5 weeks in a row for you too. I saw in the apparently popular FantasyPros site, multiple projections where Dak, who I got in the 2nd to last rd, was projected to score more..guess what I think about FPros?
Rd7 - Carlos Hyde. Apparently its not a popular opinion, but the best RB in KC is not Damien Williams, it may not be Hyde either, but its definitely not Williams. Even if Williams gets the most snaps, I expect Hyde to have more rushing yards and more total TD's. And if that all turns out to be pipe dreams, I also don't expect Williams to last long health wise, so by hook or crook, Hyde will score points.

Rd8 - Funchess. A big thing lacking in Indy was a reliable #2 across from TY. Funchess may not be "explosive", but he's a very solid WR, and a very big target. If Ebron can catch 12 balls all year, 11 of them scores, for no reason other than being a big target, Funchess could be a very valuable, sneaky good pickup as a #4.

Rd9 - David Njoku. Njuko had been at the top of my TE list ever since Henry got picked. And with a TE-less Fuzz behind me, and Cook and Ebron going in this round, I knew I couldn't wait any longer. I know OBJ, Landry, Chubb, Duke, Callaway...its a lot of options. But if your a defensive secondary, who's the one guy that might get lost in the shuffle? He may not get peppered with targets, but when he gets the call, there should be ample opportunity to do greatness with it. A quality over quantity situation.

Rd 10 JAGS D/ST After an expected lashing from Fuzz, I sewed up my starting lineup with a group that should have dominated last year and only got better this off season. Worst case they're still a strong play every week. Best case, they could easily be the top fantasy D.

Rd 11 - Michael Gallup. Needs to take the next step, but could be huge across from Cooper as the only other viable option down the field.

Rd12 - Jay Ajayi. Its only a matter of time before he signs with someone. Preseason injuries will begin soon, and he's easily the best option out there if a team loses thier guy. Personally I'm hoping TB saved enough on the McCoy for Suh swap they made to sign him. They're currently the only team that actually needs him..for now..

Rd 13 - Dak Prescott. only two picks left, need a QB2 and a kicker, might as well go for Dak..certain website "experts" project him higher than my starter anyways, right?

Rd14. Brett Maher. Well, if the Dallas offense takes the next step like they look poised to do, their kicker will be a valuable asset. If not, its just a kicker.

Last edited:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rd3. Stephen Diggs. ...who I dislike, but, he dies produce well.
I know this was a type-o, but if he even misses 1 game, you can blame your keyboard for the curse.

Rd7 - Carlos Hyde. Apparently its not a popular opinion, but the best RB in KC is not Damien Williams, it may not be Hyde either, but its definitely not Williams. Even if Williams gets the most snaps, I expect Hyde to have more rushing yards and more total TD's.
As a Hyde owner is D2, I love love love this. Sure hope you're right.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this was a type-o, but if he even misses 1 game, you can blame your keyboard for the curse.

As a Hyde owner is D2, I love love love this. Sure hope you're right.
Hey, I went back and fixed my typos, you're just too damned fast for me.

And I hope so to