• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A SFW thread for people who like to play with themselves

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the golf thead.

Back in the day my alone time on the driving range was my solitude. I enjoyed 30 minutes just cranking a driver or working on an 8 iron more than an actual round. It was a great place to collect my thoughts.

That being said I suck but completely overhauled my clubs over the winter.

Driver: finalized my divorce recently. I was looking at my wedding ring and thought it was worthless. Realized it wasn't and came up with a plan. 14k gold ring got pawned and I used it to buy a (gently used) cobra driver.

Fairway wood: Coming in May. My 10 year anniversary with my company is up soon and I have a titleist 5 wood on my mind. I did get an Adams 3 wood on rock bottom golf for $15. That poor club had 4 barcodes on it so it's been passed around like Riley Reid at a Hollywood afterparty so hopefully I'm its forever home.

Hybrid: I found a good Nike 4. Aside from my irons this is the club I am really jazzed about.

Irons: this has been in my head for months and I was really tempted to shell out some cash for something really awesome with my bonus. BUT my attorney fees suck and my dishwasher died so $800 on Pings wasn't a realistic option. However I did run across some really affordable Callaway XR's which for my crap abilitys are as forgiving as it gets. $250 for a used set and I jumped all over it.

Wedges: I have an old Wilson lob wedge that is irreplaceable. That son of a bitch stays in the bag. I did get a pinemeadow 64° though. We have a safety incentive program through work and I banked enough cash to buy a cheap wedge on Amazon.

Putter: the wedge was an afterthought as I blew most of my safety bucks here. Fucking Taylormade White Smoke Putter. Sexy as hell.

Anyways Im pretty proud of myseld. I went from 20 year old irons and a Jon Daily putter to a really solid set for only $300 bucks out of pocket or so

I'll probably be cussing every club I've mentioned come July but if that means I get the opportunity to use them it's all good20190227_223655.jpg

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AdolescentLeafyIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

Dude what are you doing in here following people around?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, @Cowboyinexile he's a guy we can say goodbye to. Just here to be a **** stain troll wipe.

Gotta be some 45+ year old legend in his own mind

Ok.

@Ojb81

This is a warning and it is the only one you get. I don't care if you screw with me (to an extent) but if you start derailing threads or messing with people who don't like it that is a problem.

Be cool or find somewhere else to play.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I deleted your posts in this thread to send a message.

If you are cool here then I'm cool with you. If you are gonna be a dipshit then anything you post goes away. I don't have the power to ban you but I can make you invisible.

Just don't be a dick.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh stop it, you baby. My God, are you really this pathetic?

Dude I don't have the power to completely ban you here, so I contacted the admins.

Just walk away. There are 20 places here where you can be a dick. This isn't one of them

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I don't have the power to completely ban you here, so I contacted the admins.

Just walk away. There are 20 places here where you can be a dick. This isn't one of them

ya know what. you're right. i'll stop. best of luck to you.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know what. you're right. i'll stop. best of luck to you.

It's too late. You have 20 K posts here so you know better than to troll on a team board.

It's out of my hands now.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Just never actually play golf with only yourself.

I have been golfing since I was 12. I am decent right now (I will break at least break 100 on almost any course), but was once nearly a scratch golfer back in 2008. I was waiting in DEP for months (delayed entry program for the military. There was an issue with my eyes) and played every single day with my grandpa, who coached me.

That being said, I have never gotten a hole in one or an eagle (I once choked on a 5 foot straight putt for eagle on a part 4 I drove. . .still haunts me).

Someday, I will accomplish one of those feats and I'll be damned if I don't have someone there to back up my story when I do.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Just never actually play golf with only yourself.

I have been golfing since I was 12. I am decent right now (I will break at least break 100 on almost any course), but was once nearly a scratch golfer back in 2008. I was waiting in DEP for months (delayed entry program for the military. There was an issue with my eyes) and played every single day with my grandpa, who coached me.

That being said, I have never gotten a hole in one or an eagle (I once choked on a 5 foot straight putt for eagle on a part 4 I drove. . .still haunts me).

Someday, I will accomplish one of those feats and I'll be damned if I don't have someone there to back up my story when I do.

I like the range time by myself. Its one of the few times where I can clear my head.

My plan was to hit the range alot in March and April and start actually playing in May. But honestly if I spend all summer on the range and play 3 rounds I'm probably just as happy.

I've been golfing since the same age. HS/college I played 100 rounds/year easy. Go to grad school and maybe I catch a round here or there but not a lot of time. Get a real job and get married-man I had been married for a year and finally had a chance to play. My glove felt weird and I realized it was because I was wearing my wedding ring under it. Fast forward a few years and that isnt a problem anymore.

I'm really looking forward to this

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the range time by myself. Its one of the few times where I can clear my head.

My plan was to hit the range alot in March and April and start actually playing in May. But honestly if I spend all summer on the range and play 3 rounds I'm probably just as happy.

I've been golfing since the same age. HS/college I played 100 rounds/year easy. Go to grad school and maybe I catch a round here or there but not a lot of time. Get a real job and get married-man I had been married for a year and finally had a chance to play. My glove felt weird and I realized it was because I was wearing my wedding ring under it. Fast forward a few years and that isnt a problem anymore.

I'm really looking forward to this
Good shit. Golf is a great game. I wish more younger people would get into it.

I would suggest you not spend all your time on the range. The old saying "drive for show, putt for dough" is very accurate. Be sure to hit up the putting greens and work on your chipping.

The fastest way to drive down your score is to learn how to consistently get it up and down in two strokes from 40 yards in.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the golf thead.

Back in the day my alone time on the driving range was my solitude. I enjoyed 30 minutes just cranking a driver or working on an 8 iron more than an actual round. It was a great place to collect my thoughts.

That being said I suck but completely overhauled my clubs over the winter.

Driver: finalized my divorce recently. I was looking at my wedding ring and thought it was worthless. Realized it wasn't and came up with a plan. 14k gold ring got pawned and I used it to buy a (gently used) cobra driver.

Fairway wood: Coming in May. My 10 year anniversary with my company is up soon and I have a titleist 5 wood on my mind. I did get an Adams 3 wood on rock bottom golf for $15. That poor club had 4 barcodes on it so it's been passed around like Riley Reid at a Hollywood afterparty so hopefully I'm its forever home.

Hybrid: I found a good Nike 4. Aside from my irons this is the club I am really jazzed about.

Irons: this has been in my head for months and I was really tempted to shell out some cash for something really awesome with my bonus. BUT my attorney fees suck and my dishwasher died so $800 on Pings wasn't a realistic option. However I did run across some really affordable Callaway XR's which for my crap abilitys are as forgiving as it gets. $250 for a used set and I jumped all over it.

Wedges: I have an old Wilson lob wedge that is irreplaceable. That son of a bitch stays in the bag. I did get a pinemeadow 64° though. We have a safety incentive program through work and I banked enough cash to buy a cheap wedge on Amazon.

Putter: the wedge was an afterthought as I blew most of my safety bucks here. Fucking Taylormade White Smoke Putter. Sexy as hell.

Anyways Im pretty proud of myseld. I went from 20 year old irons and a Jon Daily putter to a really solid set for only $300 bucks out of pocket or so

I'll probably be cussing every club I've mentioned come July but if that means I get the opportunity to use them it's all goodView attachment 199340
The first time I played a Par-3 I shot a +30 and earlier in that summer had a driver head come clean off. Gotten a lot better since. But that will never not be a funny golf story involving me. :heh:

Carry on

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we can get to talking about golf.

My setup is as follows:

(D) Taylor made R-15
(3w) Nike Sasquatch
(5w) Strata (it's insanely forgiving and is the best fairway wood I've ever played with)

(Irons) Cleveland CG-16s Tour
(W) Calloway Mac Daddy Square Grooves 54° 56° 58°
(P) Odessy White Hot

With the ever degrading level of arthritis in my ankles and left knee I've actually dropped from Stiff Flex shafts on my driver and 3 wood and moved to regular flex.

I'm also using my grandpas Ping Karsten White Dots with senior flex shafts. It dramatically reduces the pain in my legs from swings and I can almost stay stationary.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good shit. Golf is a great game. I wish more younger people would get into it.

I would suggest you not spend all your time on the range. The old saying "drive for show, putt for dough" is very accurate. Be sure to hit up the putting greens and work on your chipping.

The fastest way to drive down your score is to learn how to consistently get it up and down in two strokes from 40 yards in.

Yeah-I completely agree.

I will work on my wedge game. There is a guy from my hometown who is a legit badass. He won two state titles in high school and was a D2 national champion. He even played on the Nike tour for a while. His advice to me was work on the wedge game. Most of us aren't good enough to consistently hit greens and although putting is important, the average golfer will do better getting up and down than focusing on draining 20 foot putts.

The other thing he preached was dont attack the pin with your short irons unless you can do it consistently. Aim for a safe spot on the green where you can have a relatively easy putt. Depending on pin location if you miss you are looking at a difficult up and down. Aiming for the middle of the green may make for a more difficult putt versus nutting a 9 iron but it's a 2 putt versus a tough chip and a nail biter (at best) to make par if you aren't consistent with your shot.