• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Harbaugh Be True To His Word?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this reminds me of last year when our offense was garbage and it was the same kind of play calling.

If the game plan isn't working, Roman and Harbaugh are not astute enough to make changes. A slow start almost always means a 49er loss under this regime.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the game plan isn't working, Roman and Harbaugh are not astute enough to make changes. A slow start almost always means a 49er loss under this regime.

What kind of changes would you have liked to see? You didn't like running against 8-man fronts. What else? The other stuff is just another lazy comment.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams and some coaches just do well against other teams -- maybe Fisher matches wits well against Harbaugh. I don't like the pitch out, I don't like running against 8 man fronts, but the bottom line is that mistakes -- the fumble for a td, Walker's dropped td, Akers missed field goal, the stupid safety call --- any ONE of those mistakes taken away and the 49ers win the game.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to call out Goldson for the Unnecessary Roughness penalty at the end of regulation that put St. Louis in range for the game-tying FG?

Kaep had some mistakes, but we should have won this game despite those mistakes, and even if Kaepernick is SOLELY responsible for 10 St. Louis points (I don't see how he's responsible for the defense allowing a 2-point conversion), we STILL should have won this game based on how he played down the stretch.

Reading through the play-by-play looks as though Singletary and his doofus OC were still calling the plays.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of changes would you have liked to see? You didn't like running against 8-man fronts. What else? The other stuff is just another lazy comment.

I'd like to see them take advantage of their moost dangerous weapon, Vernon Davis. I'd like to see them audible out of the running plays at the line when they see nine in the box. I'd like to see them stop dinking and dunking like they did today. But until they fix this horrendous pass blocking any type of changes are going to be tough.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams and some coaches just do well against other teams -- maybe Fisher matches wits well against Harbaugh. I don't like the pitch out, I don't like running against 8 man fronts, but the bottom line is that mistakes -- the fumble for a td, Walker's dropped td, Akers missed field goal, the stupid safety call --- any ONE of those mistakes taken away and the 49ers win the game.

I was consistently counting nine.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to call out Goldson for the Unnecessary Roughness penalty at the end of regulation that put St. Louis in range for the game-tying FG?

Kaep had some mistakes, but we should have won this game despite those mistakes, and even if Kaepernick is SOLELY responsible for 10 St. Louis points (I don't see how he's responsible for the defense allowing a 2-point conversion), we STILL should have won this game based on how he played down the stretch.

Reading through the play-by-play looks as though Singletary and his doofus OC were still calling the plays.

he made two horrible tackling gaffes that kept ram drives alive as well. he's a good player though. The least of our worries.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to see them take advantage of their moost dangerous weapon, Vernon Davis. I'd like to see them audible out of the running plays at the line when they see nine in the box. I'd like to see them stop dinking and dunking like they did today. But until they fix this horrendous pass blocking any type of changes are going to be tough.

I'd like to do many things, too, but tell me how you'd do it?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to do many things, too, but tell me how you'd do it?

You use your formations and packages to dictate what the defense can do, not let them dictate what you can do by theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a lot of Andrew Luck, RG3 and Peyton Manning. Those guys have the drive and talent to make an immediate impact on brand new teams, rookies etc. On a 49ers team with so much talent/depth, I'm straight disappointed with our QB's. I'm not saying Kaep won't be the future but I'm not impressed at all. I just don't see that stand out performance "good quarterbacks" have. Sometimes I feel like the coaching staff needs to let the training wheels come off and ditch this conservative bullshit.

It haunts me still that we didn't get Peyton Manning, life would be so easy being a 49er fan right now. I sure hope Kaepernick finds his way because Smith is no better of choice and Seattle Seahawks are starting to catch fire. @New England, @Seattle... Things might get uglier before they get better, hang on everyone!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Counter nine in the box with 4 wides, spread them and throw to one of them. I'm certain 4 guys can beat the two that are left to defend. When they put guys out in coverage you run the ball. Harbaugh fell prey to trying to add blockers to the rams nine man box. He was reacting instead of dictating. I can't believe I'm having to tell you this.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he made two horrible tackling gaffes that kept ram drives alive as well. he's a good player though. The least of our worries.

I'd still say that penalty was a more direct reason for our loss. Not saying it was the sole reason, but if I were watching the game instead of working, I probably would have destroyed the tv that was in front of me on that play.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Counter nine in the box with 4 wides, spread them and throw to one of them. I'm certain 4 guys can beat the two that are left to defend. When they put guys out in coverage you run the ball. Harbaugh fell prey to trying to add blockers to the rams nine man box. He was reacting instead of dictating. I can't believe I'm having to tell you this.

I was going to say I can't believe you countered with just that, but actually I can believe that you countered with just that. You didn't really answer my question but thanks for the response, though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say I can't believe you countered with just that, but actually I can believe that you countered with just that. You didn't really answer my question but thanks for the response, though.

If you can't see how our offensive lineup dictates what the defense must do and in this specific example how spreading the field not only negates the nine man box but also opens up running lanes you are beyond help. I have a feekling you are being purposely obtuse.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sando said Kaepernick's QBR was 82.4 for the game. For what it's worth.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sando said Kaepernick's QBR was 82.4 for the game. For what it's worth.

Shows you what a misleading stat that is. 13 points in 5 quarters is completely unacceptable.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shows you what a misleading stat that is. 13 points in 5 quarters is completely unacceptable.

The rating isn't based on how many points your team scored.