• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Harbaugh Be True To His Word?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
While I'm ranting, I also think the officials need to keep a closer eye on the Rams. Those guys are all dirty. Seemed like every time they were lying on top of our guys, they were putting all their body weight into our guys' heads or necks. Obviously Finnegan is the worst culprit when it comes to this shit, but several others were doing it. Finnegan is Fisher's creation. They've just got to flag bush league antics like that. Niners' defenders play the game right. Light the guy up and then help him up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smalls;2581049[B said:
]So do you put the entire loss on Kaepernick?[/B] You may have said already, sorry if I missed/ignored it.

Where on earth, based on my post, would you get that from? If the team scores 13 points in 5 quarters, what good is an 82 QBR? That's what I'm saying. Winning is what counts or have you forgotten what Herm Edwards told us.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys never had a problem using QB Rating and QBR when you were pimping Alex Smith. Now all of the sudden it's a misleading stat? Hilarious.

Not me. I've always said winning is what counts and always got roundly criticized for it by the stat geeks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incidentally, I'm really feeling how much the kicking game can make a difference. Funny, as we're the team that has really only has STs play the past few years, but how much of a difference does it make when you only have to get to the 38 to score? Akers appears to be done. His kickoffs have plenty of power, but he just can't hit the long FGs (or even medium-range FGs) at this point.

As inept as the 49er offense is and as loathe as Harbaugh seems to be to put teams away we absolutely must have a reliable kicker. Akers, with a huge assist from the coaching staff, has already cost us two wins and with Seattle coming on we just can't have that.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Where on earth, based on my post, would you get that from? If the team scores 13 points in 5 quarters, what good is an 82 QBR? That's what I'm saying. Winning is what counts or have you forgotten what Herm Edwards told us.

I'm not basing it on one post. I'm basing it on several of your posts since the game ended. I'd be happy to find them for you when I get a chance, if you can't remember what you said. We both know that's not the issue, though.

Everyone knows winning counts above all else. I just offered up a point suggesting Kaepernick played better than some (see: you) have indicated.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High reward= High risk. This game was lost because you ran an option pitch late in the game and CK fucked it up. Period. Thats a play you dont run with Smith. This is the first game you lost because of the switch, wont be the last. Thats what I was trying to say in the other thread.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Calling Toby's reaction to anything a "typical fan response" is an insult to the typical fan.

Ah, yeah, there is an element of truth to that. No other way to address this and not admit that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yeah, there is an element of truth to that. No other way to address this and not admit that.

What a croc! You have no answer to using the spread offense to combat the Rams nine in the box so you come up with this? If you need an example of how it works, check out a Patriots game sometime.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not basing it on one post. I'm basing it on several of your posts since the game ended. I'd be happy to find them for you when I get a chance, if you can't remember what you said. We both know that's not the issue, though.

Everyone knows winning counts above all else. I just offered up a point suggesting Kaepernick played better than some (see: you) have indicated.

I don't think he played well, that much is true. I think he was erratic and confused by the defense a lot. The main culprit to me is the O line which I have stated repeatedly. Kaepernick did enough to beat a bad team but his performance was only average and he did make three huge gaffes that each by themselves cost the team the game. There is no getting around that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High reward= High risk. This game was lost because you ran an option pitch late in the game and CK fucked it up. Period. Thats a play you dont run with Smith. This is the first game you lost because of the switch, wont be the last. Thats what I was trying to say in the other thread.

I see the high risk but definitely don't see the high reward on that play. All tyhey needed to do was hang on to the ball and punt at worst. There was no possible reward in that play.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the high risk but definitely don't see the high reward on that play. All tyhey needed to do was hang on to the ball and punt at worst. There was no possible reward in that play.

Wasnt talking about that play. Was talking about the move to Kaep in general.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We still stick with CK.

The whole reason we started CK now wasn't because he was going to do awesome in the regular season but to get him experience so he's ready for the playoffs.

Young QBs are going to struggle so it's best to hope he gets his struggling out of the way now and not do it during the playoffs.

The play calling did CK no favors and guys that could've helped him like Ginn recovering that fumble and Walker catching what should've been a TD that would've likely iced the game came up short.

That's not to say CK doesn't have some share of the blame but if you're going to go with a young guy at QB you need to make sure to support him as best as possible and we failed to do that today.

agree. it was a team lost - including Coaching - not a Kaep lost.

Kaep wasn't outstanding, but not bad enough to sit. you still go with him against Miami.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree. it was a team lost - including Coaching - not a Kaep lost.

Kaep wasn't outstanding, but not bad enough to sit. you still go with him against Miami.

Yep. Miami at home is the perfect cure for what ails ya. They are a bad team that does not travel well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB rating, both of them have flaws, but it's so accessible that lay fans will use it to try to bolster their argument. I mention it from time to time but I don't place much if any real worth to it, especially after being educated by others here on its flaws.

Example: I blame the coaching staff for the pitch, but in all play respect, that should have been on Kaep and Ginn. ESPN QBR treats it like an aborted play, not blaming Kaepernick for the play as much as it should. Then, it blames Kaep for the safety that wasn't actually a safety. I mean, if you can subjectively blame or not blame a QB for a sack, can't you subjectively remove blame for a botched safety call? I guess they might automatically give 50% to the QB for sacks, but even that's skewed because sometimes QBs take sacks.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
[/B]

Yep. Miami at home is the perfect cure for what ails ya. They are a bad team that does not travel well.

Good news for Miami: 3 of 4 losses on the road this season have been by a combined 11 points.

Bad news for Miami: Those 3 losses? By 3 to Arizona in OT. By 3 to Indy. By 5 to Buffalo.

They also have a loss to Houston by 20 (first game of season). They have wins on the road against Cincinnati by 4 and to the New York Jets by 21.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If pitches are anything like the shovel pass, Smith did do his share of those in college, so he might be ok at it. But I assume Kaep did it too in college. The fact that Kaep poorly executed it, I assume it's more difficult (especially when you are trying to avoid some in the backfield intercepting it). If the pitch is a lot different than the shovel pass, then nevermind.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for Miami: 3 of 4 losses on the road this season have been by a combined 11 points.

Bad news for Miami: Those 3 losses? By 3 to Arizona in OT. By 3 to Indy. By 5 to Buffalo.

They also have a loss to Houston by 20 (first game of season). They have wins on the road against Cincinnati by 4 and to the New York Jets by 21.

That was back in that little stretch when they were playing well and Bush was living up to the hype though wasn't it. They are coming in to SF at a good time. The Niners rarely stink up the joint two games in a row.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB rating, both of them have flaws, but it's so accessible that lay fans will use it to try to bolster their argument. I mention it from time to time but I don't place much if any real worth to it, especially after being educated by others here on its flaws.

Example: I blame the coaching staff for the pitch, but in all play respect, that should have been on Kaep and Ginn. ESPN QBR treats it like an aborted play, not blaming Kaepernick for the play as much as it should. Then, it blames Kaep for the safety that wasn't actually a safety. I mean, if you can subjectively blame or not blame a QB for a sack, can't you subjectively remove blame for a botched safety call? I guess they might automatically give 50% to the QB for sacks, but even that's skewed because sometimes QBs take sacks.

Well stated.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If pitches are anything like the shovel pass, Smith did do his share of those in college, so he might be ok at it. But I assume Kaep did it too in college. The fact that Kaep poorly executed it, I assume it's more difficult (especially when you are trying to avoid some in the backfield intercepting it). If the pitch is a lot different than the shovel pass, then nevermind.

And why pitch it to the guy with the second worst hands on the team?