• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Harbaugh Be True To His Word?

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a4x5qd.png

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost made it to funny if Kaep were on the field for the 2-point conversion. And then gave up more points.

Nice try with your 6th post though. Focus a bit, and maybe your next post can achieve your goal of being taken quazi-seriously.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can I say I like the press conference view of him giving the explanation and the safety and backwards pass TD did lead to 10 points...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows you what a misleading stat that is. 13 points in 5 quarters is completely unacceptable.

You guys never had a problem using QB Rating and QBR when you were pimping Alex Smith. Now all of the sudden it's a misleading stat? Hilarious.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how +8 was the point spread when the game started.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its different not the same. I fixed it for warty.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep struggled and still completed 66% of his passes for a 9.9 yards per pass average. With smith we may have won, but Kaep is better then Smith at this moment. Atleast for our offense. He can do everything Smith can do and has a better arm. All he is lacking is experience.

I agree with this, but yards per catch is a weird method of evaluation. The traditional yard metric is Yards Per Attempt - 6.5 for today.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the guy you want leading YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM?

smith has been benched a few times. he's been thrown under the bus and basically boo'd out of the stadium. and u say he's weak mentally??

smith looked like he wanted to say a whole lot more but kept it short.

These posts I quoted aren't responding to each other, but they are about what my response is.

The original commenter based his fragile psyche claim on how he responded to the benching but I feel that if Smith had that fragile of a psyche, he wouldn't be here. He wouldn't have lasted to 2011 and he'd be gone to back someone up after the Manning thing. Starting is better than the bench, but it's a lot of pressure to do what he's doing. With a fragile psyche, he'd have been unavailable to the press longer.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a few dropped passes today, with the Walker being the obvious big one, but I didn't see anyone mention those.

If Kaep threw a TD pass like the first Bears TD instead of Gore's run, would the response to his game by fans be much different? Since the OC decided to run it instead of pass it, the evaluation of his game was more negative.

Has our jumbo package ever worked? And does Tukafu get a lot of before the snap penalties, or is it just me with that impression?

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could have been even worse if the Rams didn't keep giving our WRs a cushion and not jamming them at the line at all. But who knows, if they weren't so pushed back, maybe Kaep would have burned them. Maybe they are really giving us the short things because they respect Kaep's deeper passing ability? The reason this isn't open and shut is because the announcers kept mentioning it and I never heard a positive mentioned for it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw it. No offense but it was a typical fan response. I'd like something documented from someone that has worked with him now or in the past. Otherwise it's just fan junk based on a view from the glasses we all wear in our living rooms.

Calling Toby's reaction to anything a "typical fan response" is an insult to the typical fan.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kap made a couple mistakes in this game, most notably the pitch and failing to slide in-bounds on his run before the final FG, but he continued to throw very well when given the chance. We knew there would be some bumps along the way, just figured the rest of the team could carry us through them against an inferior opponent. I blame this game primarily on the coaching. We eventually went to some slants against the pressure, but how about one or two screen passes? Why does it seem like we never run screens? Even though we're constantly burned by them on defense.

And I just despise that pitch call. Young QB, crucial situation, pitching to our least reliable skill-position player in our own red zone when the opposing offense has produced literally no points. Why get so cute? Just run the ball and then punt it away. Andy had a great game. Make them beat you. Don't beat yourselves.

For that matter, how do you get the ball on the 50 in OT and settle for a 50+ yard FG? That was inexcusable as well. Just a lot wrong with this one....

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Incidentally, I'm really feeling how much the kicking game can make a difference. Funny, as we're the team that has really only has STs play the past few years, but how much of a difference does it make when you only have to get to the 38 to score? Akers appears to be done. His kickoffs have plenty of power, but he just can't hit the long FGs (or even medium-range FGs) at this point.