• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Harbaugh Be True To His Word?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an over-reactionary little bitch who gets off on trolling.

Stop whining already. If it makes you feel any better, you weren't the only one fooled by the Kaepernick hype. Even the pundits last week had the 49ers at the top of the league as their best teams.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually think that "having the hot hand" was the only thing or the predominant thing that went into the evaluation and then ultimately the decision to start Kaepernick?

No. that's why I called the "hot hand" thing a ridiculous lie. Harbaugh evaluated the two QBs, made an assessment, and probably correctly, that Kaepernick was the better option for the team. He should have said that and be done with it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic Clyde. Cut the crap on this board. I'm sorry that I have been a fan of smith and I have stated that I am fine with any pick that Harbs wants to roll out there. I'm not blaming this game all on kap called out his bad plays that did cost us 10 points which was huge. Akers, walker, play calling and ginn get huge Blame too. I have clearly stated kap can bring some more athleticism and some good play about as identical to smith.

It just irritates me to see our offense give the rams 10 points like that and only put up 10 itself.

Keep on your tirade and calling everyone smith groupies whenever they state there own opinion. It's a tired act you keep calling this shit out.

I guarantee you harbaugh still has no idea who our qb is after this game. I bet we have another Wednesday press conference coming. That is s problem on a 8-3-1 team.

Just Clyde being Clyde. He takes being wrong very hard but he is certainly a fan of the team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually think he's gonna give you a real answer?

He does, and I did. But his even asking that question shows that he did not read my post.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you can put this all on Kap if you want, and I believe any QB would catch a lot of heat for having a safety and then being responsible for that pitch/fumble because it was uncatchable for Ginn.....

Those two plays without a doubt contributed to the loss.

CK did enough to erase his mistake that gave the Rams a TD, he had that 50 yard run and made a perfect pass to Walker for what should have been a game winning TD. It had perfect touch, but Walker dropped it.

Then getting neutered by Harbaugh in OT with that Run-Run-Pass bullshit, as if he were protecting a lead instead of going for a win... that isn't on CK. That play calling was pure shit at the end of the game.

That much is true but without his horrible gaffe on the pitch and the safety he gave them that play would never have had to have been made. There will be a painful growing process with Kaepernick if he does pan out as a starting QB.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop whining already. If it makes you feel any better, you weren't the only one fooled by the Kaepernick hype. Even the pundits last week had the 49ers at the top of the league as their best teams.

The 49ers are still one of the best teams in the league. With Kaepernick, too. I know it pains you to hear that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could've cost us 100 points, we were still in position to win it. He put together a beautiful drive at the end that could've finished the game if it wasn't for Delanie Walker's two costly mistakes. He also put us in range for a FG in OT, despite the terrible play-calling, that David Akers missed.

And the 10 points is just pure crap. The safety wasn't a safety. The pitch was horribly executed by Kaep, but it was a moronic play-call and a terrible effort by Ginn on the recovery.

I'm coming out of this game with bigger questions than two out of the ordinary plays that "cost us" the game.

Going back to Alex, who I don't think would've done anything better in this game, is so shortsighted.

Please! he made a long run on a busted play. It was hardly a "beautiful drive". And the first pass to Walker was a terrible throw that Walker almost made a great catch on. Walker did blow the last one badly, that much is true. Walker has always had terrible hands thoiugh.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to add my two cents
As much as I have thought that Smith was not as bad as some people think, and I actually think he's a pretty good qb -- albeit limited --- he would have taken about 8 sacks in this game. The Rams were harassing Kaep all day.

Smith never would have had the 50 yard run.

Jeff Fisher is 4-0-1 against the division so far, maybe we should give him a little credit for his game plan against the 49ers, they were also leading the pre-concussed Smith led 49ers in the last game.

Kaep made some good deep throws.

The toss was really horrific, but Ginn could have saved it as well.

Delanie Walker dropped a sure td, I saw other drops as well.

All this is moot if Akers hits the 51 yarder.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. that's why I called the "hot hand" thing a ridiculous lie. Harbaugh evaluated the two QBs, made an assessment, and probably correctly, that Kaepernick was the better option for the team. He should have said that and be done with it.

He could have said more but I'm fine with it that he didn't. That's Harbaugh. I always hope people take the time to really think something over when a coach or player says something, but people don't always do that. Just think of how stupid that is. To take that line and actually think nothing else plays into the decision is beyond irresponsible. Stupid really, but I hate using that word. The more popular the NFL gets, the more it'll happen with fans, though, in my opinion.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes. The coaching staff is as equally responsible for calling a play-action pitch to Kaepernick's left side to Ted Ginn on 3rd down deep in our own territory. Who the fuck calls that? At that point? In that situation?

Despite all of that, he still had us in position to win the game two or three times at the end of the game.

That was a horrible call for the Rams, but refs' blown call directly cost us two points. Two points that put the Rams in position to tie the game. GTFOH groupie.

Groupie? LMAO. I never said one thing about our other QB.

I think Kap had a poor game but it was to be expected. I do not think they should change qb's at this point. They need to go back to game planning like they did for Chicago.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want from harbaugh is for him to declare the qb for the rest of the season so whoever it is can get focused and ready.

There it is right there. Someone finally got the reason for this whole thread. Harbaugh said something foolish and has now been caught in a lie. Why lie in the first place? he's the coach for pete's sake.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to add my two cents
As much as I have thought that Smith was not as bad as some people think, and I actually think he's a pretty good qb -- albeit limited --- he would have taken about 8 sacks in this game. The Rams were harassing Kaep all day.

Smith never would have had the 50 yard run.

Jeff Fisher is 4-0-1 against the division so far, maybe we should give him a little credit for his game plan against the 49ers, they were also leading the pre-concussed Smith led 49ers in the last game.

Kaep made some good deep throws.

The toss was really horrific, but Ginn could have saved it as well.

Delanie Walker dropped a sure td, I saw other drops as well.

All this is moot if Akers hits the 51 yarder.

Defensively for the Rams it was a terrific game plan for them. They played with superior intensity, tackled well, and never let Kaep get outside where he does a lot of his damage. They came to play. We better come to play the rest of the season, though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are still one of the best teams in the league. With Kaepernick, too. I know it pains you to hear that.

They are a good team and can win with Kaepernick. What remains to be seen is if Kaepernick markedly improves the chances for victory over what Smith brings. As I said, they have to stick with him now and Miami is the perfect team to get well agauinst. It is harbaugh who has put himself in an embarrassing position with his "hot hand" excuse.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have said more but I'm fine with it that he didn't. That's Harbaugh. I always hope people take the time to really think something over when a coach or player says something, but people don't always do that. Just think of how stupid that is. To take that line and actually think nothing else plays into the decision is beyond irresponsible. Stupid really, but I hate using that word. The more popular the NFL gets, the more it'll happen with fans, though, in my opinion.

If he feeds us that lie and expects us to believe it, otherwise why bother with the lie, then he does think we are stupid and I resent that.

Since I did see it as a ridiculous lie then I cannot be among those you consider "stupid" enough to believe the hot hand was his motivation.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively for the Rams it was a terrific game plan for them. They played with superior intensity, tackled well, and never let Kaep get outside where he does a lot of his damage. They came to play. We better come to play the rest of the season, though.

Which brings up my biggest gripe about Harbaugh and that is that he cannot make in-game changes to his plan in order to counter what someone is doing that he did not expect.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have 2 QB you have no QB :wave:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep was passing fairly well. Had some other mistakes but like others have said, the play calling was shit. More then once it was run on 1st and 2nd down for 2 or 3 yards, and then rely on kaep to convert the 3rd and long.

this reminds me of last year when our offense was garbage and it was the same kind of play calling.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see his demeanor when talking to the media about his benching?? I hope if he does come back in he puts all that behind him, but It would be hard to do.

smith has been benched a few times. he's been thrown under the bus and basically boo'd out of the stadium. and u say he's weak mentally??

smith looked like he wanted to say a whole lot more but kept it short.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you can put this all on Kap if you want, and I believe any QB would catch a lot of heat for having a safety and then being responsible for that pitch/fumble because it was uncatchable for Ginn.....

Those two plays without a doubt contributed to the loss.

CK did enough to erase his mistake that gave the Rams a TD, he had that 50 yard run and made a perfect pass to Walker for what should have been a game winning TD. It had perfect touch, but Walker dropped it.

Then getting neutered by Harbaugh in OT with that Run-Run-Pass bullshit, as if he were protecting a lead instead of going for a win... that isn't on CK. That play calling was pure shit at the end of the game.

the mistake is throwing to walker