• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Harbaugh Be True To His Word?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't. Giving Kaep the starting role is anything OTHER than shortsighted.

And there shouldn't be a QB controversy. There's absolutely nothing that Alex Smith does that Kaep doesn't do, and there is a whole bunch of stuff that Kaep does that Alex Smith can't do. He's a young QB - let him get the mistakes out now.

Yep. I won't enjoy the growing pains, but it really isn't hard to see that CK has been doing things that added to the offense. His pocket presence and escape ability extended a few plays today that would have been sure sacks with Smith. Made some plays with his legs, Smith can do that too... just more on a B level compared to CK's A level.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats like saying Vick is a fantastic QB and has elite physical tools, cannon arm and running back speed.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Ginn had to do was fall on it, he tried to pick it up and run.

All kinds of things Ginn could have done there... hell even punching it out of bounds and taking the penalty is better than the TD

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats like saying Vick is a fantastic QB and has elite physical tools, cannon arm and running back speed.

And you are the biggest groupie of them all. Glad you've decided to make an appearance today.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even with the two anomaly mistakes, the horrible play-calling, and the piss-poor running game Kaep still put us in position to win. Delanie Walker catches that ball at the end and are we even having this conversation?

Anomaly mistakes? What the f are anomaly mistakes? The ones your golden boy makes that you wish to discount and act as if they do not matter even if they cost your team the game? Okay. LMAO. Have to remember that excuse making.

Man up and accept it. We all knew Kap was due for a bad game and this was hopefully it. It was not really that bad, just two moderate mistakes that turned out to be very costly. The worst mistake was the timid game plan.

Kendal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't. Giving Kaep the starting role is anything OTHER than shortsighted.

And there shouldn't be a QB controversy. There's absolutely nothing that Alex Smith does that Kaep doesn't do, and there is a whole bunch of stuff that Kaep does that Alex Smith can't do. He's a young QB - let him get the mistakes out now.

Kaep is the QB of the future for the 49ers, but today he didn't look great. He certainly doesn't deserve all the blame for the loss, but he deserves some of it. While he did put us in position to win the game, his mistakes also put the Rams in a position to win the game. Young, inexperienced QBs will make mistakes, but right now it looks to me like his mistakes are increasing as each game goes by. Hopefully for the 9ers, he gets it figured out in the next few weeks because otherwise it could be an early exit in the playoffs.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anomaly mistakes? What the f are anomaly mistakes? The ones your golden boy makes that you wish to discount and act as if they do not matter even if they cost your team the game? Okay. LMAO. Have to remember that excuse making.

Man up and accept it. We all knew Kap was due for a bad game and this was hopefully it. It was not really that bad, just two moderate mistakes that turned out to be very costly. The worst mistake was the timid game plan.

A mistake that's you're most likely never going to see again. When are you gonna see two plays like that in one game? Even one play like that?

My boy? I wouldn't call Kaep my boy. I find it fascinating that you're overplaying his mistakes and downplaying the refs' screw-ups and the terrible play-calling that dreaded our passing game all day. Groupie.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is the QB of the future for the 49ers, but today he didn't look great. He certainly doesn't deserve all the blame for the loss, but he deserves some of it. While he did put us in position to win the game, his mistakes also put the Rams in a position to win the game. Young, inexperienced QBs will make mistakes, but right now it looks to me like his mistakes are increasing as each game goes by. Hopefully for the 9ers, he gets it figured out in the next few weeks because otherwise it could be an early exit in the playoffs.

Kaep struggled and still completed 66% of his passes for a 9.9 yards per pass average. With smith we may have won, but Kaep is better then Smith at this moment. Atleast for our offense. He can do everything Smith can do and has a better arm. All he is lacking is experience.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get this at all. If Alex Smith is in there, and a has stat line that reads 66% at 7 YPA with no INTs, people here would be foaming at the mouth to defend him. Yeah, Kaep made two mistakes (one a fuck up by the refs), but he also led the team in rushing and avoided sacks numerous times.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post

A mistake that's you're most likely never going to see again. When are you gonna see two plays like that in one game? Even one play like that?

My boy? I wouldn't call Kaep my boy. I find it fascinating that you're overplaying his mistakes and downplaying the refs' screw-ups and the terrible play-calling that dreaded our passing game all day. Groupie.

I am overplaying his mistakes? They only cost us 10 points of their 16. I am downplaying the terrible play calling when I said it was the worst mistake of all?

The refs were terrible for both teams. How about the phantom roughing the passer on Kap among others.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this at all. If Alex Smith is in there, and a has stat line that reads 66% at 7 YPA with no INTs, people here would be foaming at the mouth to defend him. Yeah, Kaep made two mistakes (one a fuck up by the refs), but he also led the team in rushing and avoided sacks numerous times.

Just let me add tha he also lead the team to a perfect gw td pass that was flat out dropped. He also led the team to the gw 51 yd field goal attempt that was missed.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am overplaying his mistakes? They only cost us 10 points of their 16. I am downplaying the terrible play calling when I said it was the worst mistake of all?

The refs were terrible for both teams. How about the phantom roughing the passer on Kap among others.

Kaep didn't give up the two pint conversion (even after a 5 yard penalty).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. The coaching staff is as equally responsible for calling a play-action pitch to Kaepernick's left side to Ted Ginn on 3rd down deep in our own territory. Who the fuck calls that? At that point? In that situation?

Despite all of that, he still had us in position to win the game two or three times at the end of the game.

That was a horrible call for the Rams, but refs' blown call directly cost us two points. Two points that put the Rams in position to tie the game. GTFOH groupie.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want from harbaugh is for him to declare the qb for the rest of the season so whoever it is can get focused and ready.

Kendal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He made more than two mistakes, and if Smith was in there and would have made those mistakes, people would have blamed the loss on him. I'm not blaming the loss on Kaep, but he is not excused from all blame either. I'm not saying he should lose the starting job, but he needs to play better or the 9ers wont go anywhere in the playoffs.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, The way Harbaugh explained the switch with the pretty much nonsense and bs phrase of going with the "hot hand" left the door open for this crazy idea that he should go back to Smith the second CK loses a game.

Anyway if people are really arguing that the team needs to go back to Smith because CK lost one game, I'm going to excuse myself from this thread.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see the all 22 footage. I know the rams have a good D. But it seemed kap had time to throw or escaped to throw and didnt. We're the receivers not getting open.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made more than two mistakes, and if Smith was in there and would have made those mistakes, people would have blamed the loss on him. I'm not blaming the loss on Kaep, but he is not excused from all blame either. I'm not saying he should lose the starting job, but he needs to play better or the 9ers wont go anywhere in the playoffs.

No one's excusing Kaep. But this loss is much more on the coaching staff than it is on Kaep, and the talk of going back to Alex is beyond ludicrous.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was an anomaly. It's not like he threw a bad INT. It was a horrible play-call and a badly executed pitch that we're most likely never going to see again. And if Ginn wasn't such a clown it would've been a punt, instead of a Rams 6 points.

And the 2 point for the safety were a complete farce. The Rams should not have even been in a position to tie it.

It was just one of those freakin' games.

I have yet to see the game start to finish but the bolded part is the feeling I have right now. Obviously that will change a little bit when I can see where the problems came from, but several things that happened in that game that contributed to the 49ers demise, I'm not really worried about them happening again.

I don't even have that big of a problem with the pitch call. I'd like to see it again, but when I saw it the first time I didn't have the same reaction that pretty much everybody else did in the game thread?