• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will A-Roid "OuT" LeRoids in Biogenisis scandal

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? When's the last week of free agency?

k, that came out totally wrong. but was referring to the long wait he made everyone go through...

kind of like this depicted...

The television program drew high ratings, with Nielsen announcing that an average of 9.948 million people watched the show in the United States, with 13.1 million watching at the time of James' announcement. Cleveland topped all markets with a 26.0 Nielsen rating and 39 share.[4][12] The show's Nielsen ratings were 6.1 in households, and 4.1 in 18-49, making it the most watched cable show of the night.[13]
The show drew criticism for the prolonged wait until James' actual decision and the spectacle of the show itself.[4] The phrase "taking my talents to South Beach" became a punch line for critics.[14][15]
In Cleveland, fans considered James' departure a betrayal that ranks second to The Move, Art Modell's relocation of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore.[16] Associated Press wrote that The Decision joined The Move, The Drive, The Shot, and The Fumble in "Cleveland's sports hall of shame".[6] Cleveland Cavaliers majority owner Dan Gilbert almost immediately published an open letter to fans on the Cavs website denouncing James' decision as a "selfish", "heartless", "callous", and "cowardly betrayal", while guaranteeing that the Cavs would win an NBA title before the "self-declared former King."[17] Gilbert's sports-memorabilia company Fathead also lowered the price of wall graphics depicting James from $99.99 to $17.41, the birth year of Benedict Arnold.[18] William Rhoden of The New York Times defended James by stating that Gilbert's "venomous, face-saving personal attack", along with the ensuing "wrath of jersey-burning fans", only validated James’ decision to leave Cleveland.[19] Reverend Jesse Jackson, American civil rights activist, said Gilbert's feelings "personify a slave master mentality", and he was treating James as "a runaway slave".[20] J. A. Adande of ESPN said, however, that James chose to promote the drama of his decision in an hour-long television special instead of showing "common courtesy" to notify Cleveland and other teams of his plans.[21] On July 12, 2010, NBA Commissioner David Stern fined Gilbert $100,000 for the letter's contents, while also criticizing the way James handled free agency.[22] On July 14, James told J. R. Moehringer for a GQ article that there was "nothing at all" he would change about his handling of free agency.[23]
Former NBA players criticized his decision to not stay with Cleveland and continuing to try to win a championship as "the guy".[24] Michael Jordan stated that he would not have contacted his rivals from other teams like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird to play on one team together, as "I wanted to defeat those guys." Jordan added that "...things are different [now]. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today."[25] Johnson echoed Jordan's sentiments on teaming with rivals.[26]
On September 29, 2010, asked by Soledad O'Brien of CNN if race was a factor in the fallout from The Decision, James said, "I think so, at times. There's always – you know, a race factor."[27] James had previously stayed clear of racial issues.[28][29] When an earlier racial controversy over his cover on Vogue became a national debate, James had no comment.[29] Two African American sports columnists criticized James for injecting race into the issue—Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com said James suddenly bringing up race in this instance was "laughable",[29] and Jason Whitlock of Foxsports.com said James' usage of the race card was "an excuse to avoid dealing with his own bad (The) Decision."[30] Adande, also an African American, had a different view, saying James "didn't claim to be a victim of racial persecution" and "caused us to examine the bias that's always lurking".[28]

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you know what James said to the Cavs behind closed doors?

excuses excuses...:rollseyes:

As far as your last week of FA bullshit, what are you talking about?

F.A. period always starts July 1, and James started meeting with all the teams at that point.
He also told them all exactly when he would announce his decision.

:lame:

how's it "bullshit" when he knew ALL THE TIME where he was gonna end up...?
:laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k, that came out totally wrong. but was referring to the long wait he made everyone go through...

kind of like this depicted...

The television program drew high ratings, with Nielsen announcing that an average of 9.948 million people watched the show in the United States, with 13.1 million watching at the time of James' announcement. Cleveland topped all markets with a 26.0 Nielsen rating and 39 share.[4][12] The show's Nielsen ratings were 6.1 in households, and 4.1 in 18-49, making it the most watched cable show of the night.[13]
The show drew criticism for the prolonged wait until James' actual decision and the spectacle of the show itself.[4] The phrase "taking my talents to South Beach" became a punch line for critics.[14][15]
In Cleveland, fans considered James' departure a betrayal that ranks second to The Move, Art Modell's relocation of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore.[16] Associated Press wrote that The Decision joined The Move, The Drive, The Shot, and The Fumble in "Cleveland's sports hall of shame".[6] Cleveland Cavaliers majority owner Dan Gilbert almost immediately published an open letter to fans on the Cavs website denouncing James' decision as a "selfish", "heartless", "callous", and "cowardly betrayal", while guaranteeing that the Cavs would win an NBA title before the "self-declared former King."[17] Gilbert's sports-memorabilia company Fathead also lowered the price of wall graphics depicting James from $99.99 to $17.41, the birth year of Benedict Arnold.[18] William Rhoden of The New York Times defended James by stating that Gilbert's "venomous, face-saving personal attack", along with the ensuing "wrath of jersey-burning fans", only validated James’ decision to leave Cleveland.[19] Reverend Jesse Jackson, American civil rights activist, said Gilbert's feelings "personify a slave master mentality", and he was treating James as "a runaway slave".[20] J. A. Adande of ESPN said, however, that James chose to promote the drama of his decision in an hour-long television special instead of showing "common courtesy" to notify Cleveland and other teams of his plans.[21] On July 12, 2010, NBA Commissioner David Stern fined Gilbert $100,000 for the letter's contents, while also criticizing the way James handled free agency.[22] On July 14, James told J. R. Moehringer for a GQ article that there was "nothing at all" he would change about his handling of free agency.[23]
Former NBA players criticized his decision to not stay with Cleveland and continuing to try to win a championship as "the guy".[24] Michael Jordan stated that he would not have contacted his rivals from other teams like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird to play on one team together, as "I wanted to defeat those guys." Jordan added that "...things are different [now]. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today."[25] Johnson echoed Jordan's sentiments on teaming with rivals.[26]
On September 29, 2010, asked by Soledad O'Brien of CNN if race was a factor in the fallout from The Decision, James said, "I think so, at times. There's always – you know, a race factor."[27] James had previously stayed clear of racial issues.[28][29] When an earlier racial controversy over his cover on Vogue became a national debate, James had no comment.[29] Two African American sports columnists criticized James for injecting race into the issue—Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com said James suddenly bringing up race in this instance was "laughable",[29] and Jason Whitlock of Foxsports.com said James' usage of the race card was "an excuse to avoid dealing with his own bad (The) Decision."[30] Adande, also an African American, had a different view, saying James "didn't claim to be a victim of racial persecution" and "caused us to examine the bias that's always lurking".[28]

Nice story, but who cares?
Also, it doesn't change anything from your original statement.

He announced his decision on July 8, so nothing was dragged out.
He met several teams in those 7 days and wanted to enjoy the July 4th holiday.
Your once again making a mountain out of a molehill.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice story, but who cares?

obviously a LOT of folks still do...

Also, it doesn't change anything from your original statement.

He announced his decision on July 8, so nothing was dragged out.
He met several teams in those 7 days and wanted to enjoy the July 4th holiday.
Your once again making a mountain out of a molehill.

disagree considering all that transpired before that. he's the one that made the promises, backed out, and tried to put on this whole sham that he was going through some sort of "decision" process. of COURSE you condone this behavior. you BENEFITTED from it...

"the end JUSTIFIES the means", right Turnip...?:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

disagree considering all that transpired before that. he's the one that made the promises, backed out, and tried to put on this whole sham that he was going through some sort of "decision" process. of COURSE you condone this behavior. you BENEFITTED from it...

"the end JUSTIFIES the means", right Turnip...?:lol:

Again, YOUR story, but nothing more.

How many billionaires flew teams of people across the country for meetings?

How many ever said that they thought the process was a sham?

Fact is, he could only choose one team, and all along, he said he would choose the team that he felt put him in the best situation to win then, and looking down the road.

Maybe all along he felt Miami would be that team, but he still owed it to himself and the other teams to try to show him different or convince him otherwise.

If you can't understand or accept that, then that is a YOU problem, but nothing more.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we're talking 2007 here. Kobe was under contract / didn't sign another deal until after the 2009 season. It's not like he was a UFA after the 2008 season and LA had to make a decision.

You'd think so, but that just isn't how it's done these days!! For better or worse and whether we like it or not, just about every player in every sport that wants an improved roster, goes to the media with it!! You act like Kobe is the only player to ever do this!![/QUOTE]

But when people say how dedicated, loyal and true he is to the Lakers....it's a false statement. Players who are, don't go to the media and say they want traded. It makes it looks even worse when you're only coming off a couple down seasons. It's not like he didn't win 3 titles in a row and played for a garbage team his whole career.

I haven't seen many claim that Kobe is dedicated and loyal to the Lakers. He is dedicated and loyal to winning championships. The Lakers did what was necessary to put those types of players around him.

As for doing so coming off of a couple of bad seasons after winning 3 in a row: What does that have to do with this discussion? He wants to win the championship EVERY year. I see no issue with that. I want players on my team that want to win championships every year.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, YOUR story, but nothing more.

How many billionaires flew teams of people across the country for meetings?
i sense ANOTHER tapdance...:rollseyes:

how's this just "my story"...?

How many ever said that they thought the process was a sham?

was this a joke...?

Fact is, he could only choose one team, and all along, he said he would choose the team that he felt put him in the best situation to win then, and looking down the road.

Translation:"he knew he was gonna hook up with Wade and Bosh in Miami." yes, we all know this now, Turnip. thanks for putting it out there, though...

Maybe all along he felt Miami would be that team, but he still owed it to himself and the other teams to try to show him different or convince him otherwise.

k, that sounds like BULLSHIT to me...

If you can't understand or accept that, then that is a YOU problem, but nothing more.

i can accept putting himself in the best situation. i CAN'T accept a sham. and if YOU can't see that then it's a YOU problem...

easy to turn a blind eye when you're the beneficiary. just sayin'...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can accept putting himself in the best situation. i CAN'T accept a sham. and if YOU can't see that then it's a YOU problem...

easy to turn a blind eye when you're the beneficiary. just sayin'...
\

So it's your opinion vs the opinions of the billionaires who were there?

I'll go with them.

This isn't about him picking the Heat or not. This is about ANY FA making a choice that is best for themselves.

How about Howard? I think he was leaning Rockets the entire time, but I don't think meeting with the other teams was a sham.

He earned to right to meet with them, and they chose to try to persuade him.
Same thing as in James situation.

You just want to bitch for the sake of bitching.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well, there's problem #1. you SEEM to think this is just MY opinion...:rollseyes:

I'll go with them.

absolute shock<inserted> here. wonder what you'd say if he DIDN'T end up on the Heat...:rollseyes:

This isn't about him picking the Heat or not. This is about ANY FA making a choice that is best for themselves.

LOL, yeah to hear YOU tell it...

How about Howard? I think he was leaning Rockets the entire time, but I don't think meeting with the other teams was a sham.

what's he got to do with this convo? agreed he was leaning towards the Rockets the entire time...

<sigh> keep dancing 'til your legs fall off. it goes back to SHAMMING...

You just want to bitch for the sake of bitching.[/QUOTE]

no, i know WRONG when i see it. here's the thing, Turnip. you and clowns LIKE you want to tell me how to feel or think about the situation and you ALL need to simply STOP. what i've seen from this clown's GARBAGE. who're YOU to tell me to see it otherwise...?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen many claim that Kobe is dedicated and loyal to the
Lakers
. He is dedicated and loyal to winning championships. The Lakers did
what was necessary to put those types of players around him.

As for doing so coming off of a couple of bad seasons after winning 3 in a
row: What does that have to do with this discussion?
He wants to win the
championship EVERY year
. I see no issue with that. I want players on my team
that want to win championships every year.

Huh???? It's been said a lot by LA fans over the years. You and I have spent enough time on NBA boards to read that numerous times how loyal he is and how staying with one team his whole career is total dedication.

Wanting traded because the team had a few down years is stupid. Yes, all players want to win the title every year but when there's 30+ teams in the league, it's not going to happen. It just showed that when times were tough (after ONLY a few seasons) he was ready to pack up and leave.

Just like Mick Jagger said years ago "You can't always get what you want"

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh???? It's been said a lot by LA fans over the years. You and I have spent enough time on NBA boards to read that numerous times how loyal he is and how staying with one team his whole career is total dedication.

not trying to be a dick here, but WHICH fans said it...?

Wanting traded because the team had a few down years is stupid.

why? everyone knows the guy's motivated to WIN. i'd say 1 or 2 down years, i'd agree with your slant somewhat. but a player's only got a certain amount of years in his career...

Yes, all players want to win the title every year but when there's 30+ teams in the league, it's not going to happen. It just showed that when times were tough (after ONLY a few seasons) he was ready to pack up and leave.

still don't agree with that, though i WILL say he mad e a helluva lot of noise over it...

Just like Mick Jagger said years ago "You can't always get what you want"

that way across the board. he did, though. some folks are simply motivated to succeed...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well, there's problem #1. you SEEM to think this is just MY opinion...:rollseyes:

I'll go with them.

absolute shock<inserted> here. wonder what you'd say if he DIDN'T end up on the Heat...:rollseyes:

LOL, yeah to hear YOU tell it...

what's he got to do with this convo? agreed he was leaning towards the Rockets the entire time...

<sigh> keep dancing 'til your legs fall off. it goes back to SHAMMING...

You just want to bitch for the sake of bitching.

no, i know WRONG when i see it. here's the thing, Turnip. you and clowns LIKE you want to tell me how to feel or think about the situation and you ALL need to simply STOP. what i've seen from this clown's GARBAGE. who're YOU to tell me to see it otherwise...?[/QUOTE]

You might share the same opinion as some other haters, so what?

Like I asked earlier, show me where any person involved with the team presentations, including Gilbert, EVER said that the process was disingenuous.

Wouldn't they know best? They were there.

Also, if it was such a no contest, done deal with the Heat, then why was Riley sitting in a downtown Cleveland hotel with members of James' team the night before the Heats meeting with James?

Why did Riley have a limo outside of James' house at midnight , July 1?

It's not a matter of telling you how you should feel or not feel. It is a matter of documented facts vs petty, lame bullshit.

As far as James' "garbage"', you can express any opinion you want.
However, the vast, vast, vast, majority of people who actually deal with him, work with him, play with him, cover him, live with him, seem to look at things 100% differently then you do.

The only "bad" he ever did, only affected one person. Himself.

You seem to harp on a TV show for years, but fail to acknowledge the dozens of positive things he does a
daily basis.

How about what he has done just this month?
How about all of the bikes and computers he gave out at his annual Akron charity never?
How about all the new Nike uniforms for his old high school team?
How about the million dollar gym renovation for his old high school basketball team?

Do we need more?

So keep harping on a tattoo, a TV show/ fundraiser, a fan celebration, and all those other horrible shortcomings of his.

It just continues to show how fucked up your mindset is, which also reflects in most of your other posts.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might share the same opinion as some other haters, so what?

oh here we go AGAIN...:rollseyes:

Like I asked earlier, show me where any person involved with the team presentations, including Gilbert, EVER said that the process was disingenuous.

Wouldn't they know best? They were there.

so DO tell me what YOU think? oh wait, they all just took all this in stride...wait, no they didn't. Gilbert himself was VERY unhappy with the sitch...

now while that guy's a complete dick(much like yourself), i think he DID have this to say...

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Also, if it was such a no contest, done deal with the Heat, then why was Riley sitting in a downtown Cleveland hotel with members of James' team the night before the Heats meeting with James?

you seem to have all the inside info. you tell us...

gotta make it look good. but then that's MY opinion...

Why did Riley have a limo outside of James' house at midnight , July 1?

It's not a matter of telling you how you should feel or not feel. It is a matter of documented facts vs petty, lame bullshit.

"so people in the know="lame bullshit". got it...

As far as James' "garbage"', you can express any opinion you want.

not without a running dialogue apparently. LMAO...

However, the vast, vast, vast, majority of people who actually deal with him, work with him, play with him, cover him, live with him, seem to look at things 100% differently then you do.

really? didn't even Kevin Love say the "celebration" was completely disrespectful to the rest of the league...?

The only "bad" he ever did, only affected one person. Himself.

the majority of Cleveland's fan base disagrees with you...

You seem to harp on a TV show for years, but fail to acknowledge the dozens of positive things he does a
daily basis.

How about what he has done just this month?
How about all of the bikes and computers he gave out at his annual Akron charity never?
How about all the new Nike uniforms for his old high school team?
How about the million dollar gym renovation for his old high school basketball team?

Do we need more?

sure. tell me beyond a SHADOW OF A DOUBT he did it out of the goodness of his heart...

So keep harping on a tattoo, a TV show/ fundraiser, a fan celebration, and all those other horrible shortcomings of his.

ok. but only because you asked so nicely...:lol:

It just continues to show how fucked up your mindset is, which also reflects in most of your other posts.[/QUOTE]

that i know arrogance when i see it? or have an aversion to it? i don't know, but the average red-blooded human being does, so i guess it's YOUR mindset that's "fucked up". but then you HAVE proven that over the years...:laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your ramble = ignorance and actually further proves my point.

Gilbert went on an idiotic rant, but he never mentioned that he felt the process was a sham.
Matter of fact, he must have felt his meeting went well and thought James was staying.

Otherwise, why act so surprised and react like that?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how did that GUARANTEE work out for him?

No wonder you quote him.

Idiotic birds of a feather, flock together.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your ramble = ignorance and actually further proves my point.

Gilbert went on an idiotic rant, but he never mentioned that he felt the process was a sham.
Matter of fact, he must have felt his meeting went well and thought James was staying.

Otherwise, why act so surprised and react like that?

yiiiikkkeeeesss, so THAT'S what you got out of that? and tell me how am I "rambling"? i gotta tell you, you DO think of switching gears rather quickly...

as far as the rest...

On July 8, 2010, ESPN aired a live special named The Decision that ran 75 minutes.[5][4] At 9:28 p.m EDT, James announced that he would play with the Heat in the 2010–11 season, teaming with Miami's other All-Star free agent signees Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.[6]
In this fall...this is very tough...in this fall I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat. I feel like it's going to give me the best opportunity to win and to win for multiple years, and not only just to win in the regular season or just to win five games in a row or three games in a row, I want to be able to win championships. And I feel like I can compete down there.[5][7]
—LeBron James
The announcement, which was not made until nearly 30 minutes into the program, was part of a conversation between James and Gray.[7] Broadcast from the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich, Connecticut, the show raised $2.5 million for the charity.[8] The show raised an additional $3.5 million from advertisement revenue which was donated to other various charities.[8]
Wade had informed Heat President Pat Riley that James wanted to become less of a scorer and more of a distributor, and James looked forward to no longer carrying the offense night after night as he did playing with Cleveland.[9] Riley sold to James that "LeBron would be Magic Johnson, Dwyane Wade would be Kobe Bryant, Chris would be Kevin Garnett." Relieved of the burden of scoring, James thought he could be the first player to average a triple-double in a season since Oscar Robertson.[9][10]
The Cavaliers were informed of James' decision minutes before the show began.[11]

do you REALLY believe this was random happenstance? puh-lease...

oh, and i like the last part. James was nice enough to inform the Cavs "minutes before the show began". hm, who could see THAT as a dick move...?