• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild Card Playoff Titans vs Patriots 1/4/2020

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats take this one. The Dark Lord will put the fear if the Grim Reaper in them.

I think Brady should retire, too, but he's coming back for one more season, but he'll suck and he'll know his time is up.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't gamble much and I'm generally not interested in making predictions. I just watch the games and that makes it easier to simply root for the team. No, I don't have great expectations for this team but doesn't that just mean that we're incredibly spoiled?

Not much to be said at this point except Let's Go!

We owe them that.

There's no question that we've become spoiled, but the level of play and coaching that we've become used to having doesn't make it easier to accept what we've seen this year. That may be a bit too much because we've been through several seasons with the Colts then the Ravens as the main opponent and finally the Broncos as the main opponent and we've watched them all go through several years of bottoming out while the Patriots have stayed consistently competitive for the Super Bowl Championship. The Ravens turned the corner when Ozzie Newsome walked away and a new brain trust took over. They're young,fast and tough and will have to be recond with for the net few years as long as they and Jackson remain healthy.

I just don't think we were prepared for this team to play so badly, so quick.

If McDaniels takes the Cleveland or Cowboys job, there's no question that 2020 will be a nailbiter.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question that we've become spoiled, but the level of play and coaching that we've become used to having doesn't make it easier to accept what we've seen this year. That may be a bit too much because we've been through several seasons with the Colts then the Ravens as the main opponent and finally the Broncos as the main opponent and we've watched them all go through several years of bottoming out while the Patriots have stayed consistently competitive for the Super Bowl Championship. The Ravens turned the corner when Ozzie Newsome walked away and a new brain trust took over. They're young,fast and tough and will have to be recond with for the net few years as long as they and Jackson remain healthy.

I just don't think we were prepared for this team to play so badly, so quick.

If McDaniels takes the Cleveland or Cowboys job, there's no question that 2020 will be a nailbiter.

Well said Ken and all valid points. My point is, are we really prepared to jump ship on this 12-4 team that's wowed us for years and I might add, at the mid point of this season at 8-0, wasn't catching a load of shit about being all-gone-to-shit. Cripes, don't we maybe owe them at least one full fucking season where we're not trashing the team and guys like Rock aren't starting shit threads denigrating the team?

They're not all that good right now compared to past teams but haven't we all watched sports long enough to know that the very highly unlikely can happen? 28-3 comes to mind. I don't think the Pats are going to with the SB this year but I sure as hell hope they do and nobody's gonna convince me that it's impossible.

Sure, the challenges the team is facing changes how we talk about and size up the games but some of the rhetoric I'm hearing from Pat's fans stink of a complete jump off the ship. I'm just not ready for that.

Let's Go!

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said Ken and all valid points. My point is, are we really prepared to jump ship on this 12-4 team that's wowed us for years and I might add, at the mid point of this season at 8-0, wasn't catching a load of shit about being all-gone-to-shit. Cripes, don't we maybe owe them at least one full fucking season where we're not trashing the team and guys like Rock aren't starting shit threads denigrating the team?

They're not all that good right now compared to past teams but haven't we all watched sports long enough to know that the very highly unlikely can happen? 28-3 comes to mind. I don't think the Pats are going to with the SB this year but I sure as hell hope they do and nobody's gonna convince me that it's impossible.

Sure, the challenges the team is facing changes how we talk about and size up the games but some of the rhetoric I'm hearing from Pat's fans stink of a complete jump off the ship. I'm just not ready for that.

Let's Go!
Im with u bud It was just last year when we had the miami miracle and the doom and gloom started
Ill believe they can win until they dont:suds:

BTW BB is 11-0 vs 1st time playoff QBs

PS would love a Bills/Pats AFCCG

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's Go!
You are confusing the frustrations with the current team as a lack of appreciation for past teams. Both can coexist.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's Go!

This.

I don't care if they go 1-15 the next 5 years.
I will root for them everyday like I have for the past...fuck...math....a long time.

The gravy train WILL come to the end of the line.

But right now, they are as good as the best teams in the league instead of better than the rest of the league.

BFD. So now WE have to be normal fans. Which is still better than being a Jets fan.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vrabel caught the Patriots flatfooted when the Titans beat them........in Tennessee. The Titans haven't played in any adverse weather and have been fairly decent. Strange how much better they are without Mariotta.

This weekend is supposed to be warm by NE standards. temps re supposed to be in the 50's but rain will be here on Saturday or Sunday. Right now we're digging out from an ice storm that lasted through Sunday and Monday and finished with a light snow topping. The Titans will have no weather excuse when they come up here for the game.

I'll hold true to my prediction 27-13. I think the juice will be flowing and it will cause mistakes to be made. I'm seeing four turnovers by the offense and Special Teams. The Patriots will either return a fumble or an interception for six. I would not be surprised to see the Pats block a punt or a FG attempt.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked outside - the sky has not fallen.
This "struggling" team is 12-4 and headed to the playoffs.
If Brady has any serious committment to playing next year, he has to know he must win this game!
I'll take the win and move to the next game.

Interesting thing about this year.....
I remember when 10-6 was a good year! Too many teams playing very good football? Or too many teams mailing it in every week. We seem to get everybody's best effort. What effort should other teams be putting in against us after we played in SB 3 years straight? Look at our 4 losses. We were in every game.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked outside - the sky has not fallen.
This "struggling" team is 12-4 and headed to the playoffs.
If Brady has any serious committment to playing next year, he has to know he must win this game!
I'll take the win and move to the next game.

Interesting thing about this year.....
I remember when 10-6 was a good year! Too many teams playing very good football? Or too many teams mailing it in every week. We seem to get everybody's best effort. What effort should other teams be putting in against us after we played in SB 3 years straight? Look at our 4 losses. We were in every game.....

This dude gets it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude gets it.
I think many here "get it", but we're using the Pats recent past as a standard and not the rest of the league. Note, I haven't whined about their current positioning, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I also consider this year as part of the "dynasty" and not proof it's over.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many here "get it", but we're using the Pats recent past as a standard and not the rest of the league. Note, I haven't whined about their current positioning, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I also consider this year as part of the "dynasty" and not proof it's over.

Copy that.
More of a nod to Southie than a knock on anyone else.

Last weeks loss hit me for days.
A stupid Int that may not have been if Edelman had been aware of his surroundings, A TD that wasn't because the rookie never tried to get his second foot down. a few other plays that may have been difference makers.

You know.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy that.
More of a nod to Southie than a knock on anyone else.

Last weeks loss hit me for days.
A stupid Int that may not have been if Edelman had been aware of his surroundings, A TD that wasn't because the rookie never tried to get his second foot down. a few other plays that may have been difference makers.

You know.
Here's the problem - We've experienced so much winning that the wins don't gratify (unless it's a Super Bowl) nearly as much as the losses sting. When they lose - I simply shut it down.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I consumed the bourbon still don't have the warm fuzzies about this one. All me heart wants the Pats but I'll just wait an see what happens.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose (and I don't think they will) and Brady goes to another team....what happens to this guys leg/arm? Does the Patriots logo get tattooed over?
59fe21b749e4b82ea7d00a9e12016b15.jpg
Great tattoo of Tom Brady btw!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only will Henry go nuts on the ground I think Lewis will in the passing game. You know he wants to blow out that Patriots

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I consumed the bourbon still don't have the warm fuzzies about this one. All me heart wants the Pats but I'll just wait an see what happens.

That's what I do every week.

....except lol, you guys all watched the Miami loss while I was golfing!

C'mon man, I understand why some of you guys are down after that but let's all give our best collective LET"S GO! for Saturday...

tenor.gif