• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #15 Buffalo Bills vs NE Patriots Sunday 12-26-2021 1:00 PM CBS

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N'Keal Harry and Nelson Agholor are both in cConcussion Protocol. Yesterday Kendrick Bourne had a positive Covid test. There are six other Patriots on the Covid list, none critical. Bourne is actually having a career year with 47 catches and almost 700 yards. Hopefully he's been vaccinated and can have two negative tests in 24 hour period before Sunday.

If these three can't play Sunday, The Pats will be at a distinct disadvantage.

Jakobi Meyers, Gunner and Slater are the only WRs on the roster. Kristian Wilkerson and Tre Nixon are on the Preactice Squad and could be called up or BB might have to see if Larry Fitzgerald, Austin Carr or Dez Bryant are in shape and want to play football.

This is serious shit and putting Mac Jones up against a pissed off Buffalo defense with only three bullets in a six shooter doesn't appear to be a smart thing to do.

Damien harris will be available as will Rhamonde Stevenson and if Buffalo decides to play a ten man front again, I'll feel a hell of a lot better.
But once again, Harry was better blocker than receiver, using him like a TE.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are like Dr. Jeckyll & Mr Hyde this season. Good players on the team. Hope for the best and plan for the worst. Here’s to a good run down the stretch, fellow fans …
:suds:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want JC Jackson gone by 5:00 pm.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He made an awesome tackle... To bad it was on Jamie Collins instead of Josh Allen. Had it been Allen the Pats might have had a chance to win the game.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They allowed practically all 3rd down conversions. Didn’t matter if it was 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 20. Some of the worst zone coverage I’ve seen in long time, huge lanes and space everywhere.
Smells of Patricia.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tough game for him, why did they put in on his shoulders? Harris was running at a 7-8 yard clip on average.
If I had to guess, Josh was hoping that Mac would be the Mac of six weeks ago and throw for 79% and move the team like skating on new ice.

Problem was that they didn't have ice skates. Roller skates don't work on ice.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few comments:
1. The banter of not wanting Jackson back is friggin asinine. I find it comical when a TE or WR have a drop with dismiss it with relative ease but when a DB has drop we want to run him out of town? Hmm

2. I wasn't sure we would win the 1st game with Buff and I knew we would not win this game and guess what they are the better team.

3. Before the season began we knew we were in rebuild mode, we knew we had a nice off season but had no idea how those pieces would fit, we knew we had and still have sub par WR corps, we knew we had a rookie QB. We won a few games and all of sudden people thought the rebuild was over, it's not but we have made a lot of progress.

4. My biggest concern is being out muscled and out hustled this is coaching and conditioning I really want to see this improve.

5. Harry is as good as gone BB really needs to stop drafting WRs and just grab them via FA or put a guy on the staff that can spot real talent.

6. There is still a glimmer of hope for the playoff's but make it or not as I said I like the improvement we just still have a way to go/.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few comments:
1. The banter of not wanting Jackson back is friggin asinine. I find it comical when a TE or WR have a drop with dismiss it with relative ease but when a DB has drop we want to run him out of town? Hmm

2. I wasn't sure we would win the 1st game with Buff and I knew we would not win this game and guess what they are the better team.

3. Before the season began we knew we were in rebuild mode, we knew we had a nice off season but had no idea how those pieces would fit, we knew we had and still have sub par WR corps, we knew we had a rookie QB. We won a few games and all of sudden people thought the rebuild was over, it's not but we have made a lot of progress.

4. My biggest concern is being out muscled and out hustled this is coaching and conditioning I really want to see this improve.

5. Harry is as good as gone BB really needs to stop drafting WRs and just grab them via FA or put a guy on the staff that can spot real talent.

6. There is still a glimmer of hope for the playoff's but make it or not as I said I like the improvement we just still have a way to go/.
Not looking to to get into pissing contest, just some opnions.

1. Every weakness that Jackson has was exposed. His timing on coverage was not there. He dropped two simple interceptions. The worst of everything was just horrible tackling technique. He's starting to play like someone who's looking more at a future paycheck than a football player and he's playing "not to get hurt". Mark my words, once he gets the payday, the performance will drop.

2. The first game was a solid win in horrible circumstances. They were better prepared and ready.

3. Agreed. After the 2020 debacle we all knew that this could be a rough year. We also knew that the WR position needed a serious upgrade. We also knew and still know that Bill Belichick has never been able to draft or sign a WR of quality. Exceptions were Randy Moss and Troy Brown. Julian Edelman and Wes Welker weren't what they became before they got here.

4. Agreed. Both lines, offense and defense had serious issues yesterday and against the Colts. Wynn has been a pariah all year. He's just not built correctly to play LT. He's short, has bad wheels and concrete feet. Biggest problem is that he has extremely short arms. Owenue will be fine. He just needs to be put in one place and stay there. Andrews is a small center and not very quick. The O-Line was actually better with Karras at center. Shaq is not a problem. Trent Brown has a calf problem and he's had it for more than two years. If it's torn, get it repaired. If it's strained, let it heal and build it up. I don't want hear any more calf problem BS. Wynn and possibly Brown will be gone after this year. Start looking 'now' for replacements.

5. Agreed. Harry was over rated because he really didn't have any competition in college and never took the time or made the effort to improve once he got to the pro's.

6. Making the playoffs will depend on a couple of things. First, winning the final two games will be critical. Going to Miami will either be a dagger to the heart or a major confidence boost..

All things being equal, the Patriots, as a team, thought that they were better than they are when they went to Indy. They should have known that Buffalo was going to come to Foxboro looking for blood. They weren't ready. That's on Bill and the coaches. On the first drive, the offene should have been expecting that the Bills would be ready for a run on the first play and be blitzing on the second. The first play should have been a play action screen to Mac's left. The Bills had 9 men in the box. A quick screen to Bourne or Meyers would have resulted in a big gain and that would have changed everything. There is no imagination or thinking outside the box. McDermott was humiliated by the first game and he's an emotional pissant. If the Pats had just done something a little different, he would have been totally out of control and been screaming at everyone. It's history now.

If Zeigler is staying, he should have people at every Bowl game regardless of the teams. Be looking for that exceptional WR that isn't playing for one of the top 8 teams. Look for a LT that's been playing for four years and has only allowed two or three sacks in 50 games. Finally, look for a CB who's at least 6' tall. Sending these 5'10" guys against 6'3" or 6'4" WR is a mismatch and that's where the DPI penalties originate. Can't keep up so they grab a shirt or push or try to wrap.

The Jags defense has given every team problems this year.

The Dolphins take great joy in ruining the Patriots' playoff ambitions.

It's up to BB to get this team together and back on the tracks.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry does not catch with his hands it seems he tries to craddle the ball in. I tried to like this kid but he just sucks
I don't get why body/cradle catchers are allowed on the field. While every receiver has some balls get through the hands (I noted it happening to Meyers last week), this technique HAS to be practiced out of a player.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Every weakness that Jackson has was exposed. His timing on coverage was not there. He dropped two simple interceptions. The worst of everything was just horrible tackling technique. He's starting to play like someone who's looking more at a future paycheck than a football player and he's playing "not to get hurt". Mark my words, once he gets the payday, the performance will drop.
Jackson's "horrible technique" was about a little guy trying to tackle a big guy and drop him in his tracks. Allen saw it coming. I only saw one of the drops and he started making a play on the player before he realized the pass was going through. At that point it was not going to be caught despite the fact he got a hand on it.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my words, once he gets the payday, the performance will drop.

I don't think anybody is going to be shocked if the Pats let JC walk and then he goes on to play decent but not great somewhere else.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody is going to be shocked if the Pats let JC walk and then he goes on to play decent but not great somewhere else.
What matters is he's been great for us Pro Bowl caliber play and deserves a huge contract that someone will pay. It boggles my damn mind that anyone has issues with his play as I stated earlier it's asinine.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson's "horrible technique" was about a little guy trying to tackle a big guy and drop him in his tracks.
I coached football for 44 years and I taught the tiniest little kids to tackle monsters correctly.

Jackson did what I told my kids was a "Blind Roll". That is, head down, curling up and rolling in the hope that you hit something. Jackson did. Jaime Collins.

Piss poor technique and gutless. Remember the blind roll on Gronk?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What matters is he's been great for us Pro Bowl caliber play and deserves a huge contract that someone will pay. It boggles my damn mind that anyone has issues with his play as I stated earlier it's asinine.
It's the old argument, do you pay for what someone has already done or do you pay for what they are going to do in the future?
I have won awards at work and they all come with a disclaimer that the award id done with expectation that the exemplary work will continue.
I believe the answer is to find a balance. That is just another way to say, "it depends on how much"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the old argument, do you pay for what someone has already done or do you pay for what they are going to do in the future?
I have won awards at work and they all come with a disclaimer that the award id done with expectation that the exemplary work will continue.
I believe the answer is to find a balance. That is just another way to say, "it depends on how much"
And this being JCs second contract it's the big one and he's a Pro Bowl caliber DB. I read something where they indicated BB has a knack for picking CBs late that people over value the position coming out of college and that a lot of teams and GMs don't use a great formula when accessing the position. This being said and I agree in part not sure BB is gonna break the bank on him