• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing you can take some comfort in is the fact that many teams that have "won" draft day trades seem to not use those picks all that well. I keep thinking of the St. Louis haul they got for the RGIII trade and well that didn't exactly end in victories. The players they picked were not the worst ever but just didn't build the team like many thought.
Agree, but having a first ups the possibility of hitting on that pick vs. not having one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but having a first ups the possibility of hitting on that pick vs. not having one.

Very true. Just have to see how this all plays out. I would say future success for them still falls pretty heavy on the shoulders of Carson Wentz. No matter how that pick turns out if Wentz becomes a bust then they are not going anywhere any time soon. So far he has shown a little of everything.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Just have to see how this all plays out. I would say future success for them still falls pretty heavy on the shoulders of Carson Wentz. No matter how that pick turns out if Wentz becomes a bust then they are not going anywhere any time soon. So far he has shown a little of everything.
I had Wentz as the best QB in the draft, but I hope I was wrong and he's a bust. Not trying to be mean its just a NFCE thing.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what pissed me off, Chip set the Eagles back a good 5 years, the Vikings helped the Eagles bail water from that siking ship.
I think they may have helped out your team like that a while back....maybe?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but I keep hearing we can't talk about the past.
Why not? Short term past usually show results in the present term, or near future.... something like that

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Short term past usually show results in the present term, or near future.... something like that
I don't know why, best guess is Dallas' past hurts their anti Dallas stance. Some may refuse to acknowledge GB won the 1st two SB's

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, best guess is Dallas' past hurts their anti Dallas stance. Some may refuse to acknowledge GB won the 1st two SB's

Only people that live in denial...or near de Nile?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles had no 1st until the Minnesota paid a kings ransom for a court jester.

Still doesn't mean the Vikes overpaid for him. They felt they had a chance with a solid defense and the best running back the league has seen since Eric Dickerson they had no chance if they don't make a move. They obviously didn't realize the offensive line would be one of the worst in the league and that AD would get hurt. Even though the season is now over I still have absolutely no problem with the trade.

The Eagles have a bunch of issues, a mid 1st round pick isn't going to turn them into a challenge for the Cowboys, with the way the Cowboys are set up all they need is some help on D and they are the team to beat in the East for at least the next five seasons.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't mean the Vikes overpaid for him. They felt they had a chance with a solid defense and the best running back the league has seen since Eric Dickerson they had no chance if they don't make a move. They obviously didn't realize the offensive line would be one of the worst in the league and that AD would get hurt. Even though the season is now over I still have absolutely no problem with the trade.

The Eagles have a bunch of issues, a mid 1st round pick isn't going to turn them into a challenge for the Cowboys, with the way the Cowboys are set up all they need is some help on D and they are the team to beat in the East for at least the next five seasons.
Funny thing about the NFCE is the previous season winners' inability to repeat. On paper, you may be right about Dallas. In real life, probably not.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about the NFCE is the previous season winners' inability to repeat. On paper, you may be right about Dallas. In real life, probably not.

Yeah, because the past determines the future.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. They couldn't risk the last few seasons of AP's career with Shaun Hill at the helm and there weren't a lot of FA options. The Bridgewater injury happened at the worst time.

AD should retire and Bridgewater might still retire after that severe leg injury. Yest their season was an epic fail but at least they have a solid QB. They just need an O-line, a new stud RB and maybe one more WR weapon.