• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why does Luck have a higher ceiling that Wilson Poll

Why does Luck have a higher ceiling than Wilson?

• Arm Strength

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Decision making

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Pocket presence

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Leadership

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Draft Position

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Height

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Neck beard

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have to switch my answer. After the beating Luck took last year I am not sure about making it into his 30s.

I will say I would take either of them in a heartbeat.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a fanbase so insecure about how their QB measures up to one guy lol...Luck was drafted first and had all the hype get over it ffs. Wilson is a great QB just be happy you have him and not some dolt like Pumpernickel.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a fanbase so insecure about how their QB measures up to one guy lol...Luck was drafted first and had all the hype get over it ffs. Wilson is a great QB just be happy you have him and not some dolt like Pumpernickel.

I don't know. Pats fans can give them a run for their money.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh. All the 'hey, he's nothing without that D, and being able to run, and will never be a pocket QB!' stuff? Which FANS of a team would possibly back their guy?

The mind boggles!

Your fauxtrage is delicious though.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered Neckbeard and would answer the same today. Luck...meh. Wilson's proved himself well in comparison.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. All the 'hey, he's nothing without that D, and being able to run, and will never be a pocket QB!' stuff? Which FANS of a team would possibly back their guy?

The mind boggles!

They were polar opposites. One was named one of the top QBs in the league the moment he announced he was entering the draft. The other actually had to prove himself over and over before receiving the same type of recognition.

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The mind boggles!

Ya the comparison and subsequent debate was cute the first couple years but seriously at this point no one other then Hawk fans keeps bringing it up. No rage here brotha I've excepted the dumpster fire that is my Football organization. Enjoying some Warriors B-Ball with the Ex Sonic Kevin Durant :)

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were polar opposites. One was named one of the top QBs in the league the moment he announced he was entering the draft. The other actually had to prove himself over and over before receiving the same type of recognition.

Did Luck not deserve the hype ? Like Wilson didn't walk into a great situation ? All he had to do was hand the ball to Lynch and let his Top ranked Defense continue to keep games close so he could pull off all those amazing 4th quarter comebacks. Poor Russel Wilson imagine if got drafted to a team with a crappy defense. With that being said Wilson has been incredible in the role he was thrust in and has matured as a well rounded QB but lets not act like Wilson was being shit on by the pundits, anyone with 2 eyes could see Wilson was going to be special.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha some classics in here.

You guys can have Luck.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Luck not deserve the hype ? Like Wilson didn't walk into a great situation ? All he had to do was hand the ball to Lynch and let his Top ranked Defense continue to keep games close so he could pull off all those amazing 4th quarter comebacks. Poor Russel Wilson imagine if got drafted to a team with a crappy defense. With that being said Wilson has been incredible in the role he was thrust in and has matured as a well rounded QB but lets not act like Wilson was being shit on by the pundits, anyone with 2 eyes could see Wilson was going to be special.

I would say it wasn't until the 2nd half of last season that many pundits finally gave up on the "Wilson is too short and is a system QB" nonsense.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the comparison and subsequent debate was cute the first couple years but seriously at this point no one other then Hawk fans keeps bringing it up. No rage here brotha I've excepted the dumpster fire that is my Football organization. Enjoying some Warriors B-Ball with the Ex Sonic Kevin Durant :)

Eh, the narrative is still being parroted. We were going back and forth with NWPATS on Wilson's pocket capability the last couple of weeks.

It's all good though. Please email negative opinions directly to

R. Wilson
CO: Seattle Seahawks
12 Seahawks Way.
Renton, WA 98056.

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the narrative is still being parroted. We were going back and forth with NWPATS on Wilson's pocket capability the last couple of weeks.

It's all good though. Please email negative opinions directly to

R. Wilson
CO: Seattle Seahawks
12 Seahawks Way.
Renton, WA 98056.

So Pats fans were saying Luck is a better QB ? Or were they just generally saying Wilson is not that great in the pocket? The premise of this post is seeking some sort of validation for Wilson in an ill gotten poll format.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pats fans were saying Luck is a better QB ? Or were they just generally saying Wilson is not that great in the pocket? The premise of this post is seeking some sort of validation for Wilson in an ill gotten poll format.

I haven't had a Luck/Wilson slap-fight since KYLuckJelly disappeared. So nope, it was more 'he's not a pocket passer,' discussion. But there's a ton of variations.

And ftr, there's some posters who've changed their minds, and I give them credit for it.

BloodType49

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a Luck/Wilson slap-fight since KYLuckJelly disappeared. So nope, it was more 'he's not a pocket passer,' discussion. But there's a ton of variations.

And ftr, there's some posters who've changed their minds, and I give them credit for it.

Fair enough...I just thought the whole argument was kinda 2 seasons ago....:suds:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What system would that be?
It's the system of avoid the onslaught given up by make shift Olines and somehow find a way to win despite having nothing much of a run game and hope the defense keeps dominating other teams.

In all seriousness though, why did this thread get regurgitated. When Luck was drafted first overall, it was the right fucking choice for Indy at the time. Just stop with the QB comparisons already. It's pointless and irrelevant. RW has turned out great for the Hawks and I am happy for it.