• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why does Luck have a higher ceiling that Wilson Poll

Why does Luck have a higher ceiling than Wilson?

• Arm Strength

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Decision making

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Pocket presence

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Leadership

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Draft Position

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Height

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Neck beard

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Luck is the better QB but not by as much as some people seem to think.

2 choices that were not added to this list: 1. Because he has way more pass attempts, and 2. Because he has been the media's Golden Child since before he was drafted.

People want Seahawk fans to be unbiased when judging Wilson but many of the same people had the blinders on when it comes to Luck. His Td/Int ratio was not good his first couple years and he did have other faults but he showed grew potential. Last year he really stepped it up and started consistently owning that potential instead of just inconsistently switching between playing good and turning it over way too much.

Both seemed destined for greatness in the long haul. Many wins and some rings to boot. I would rather discuss something interesting when it comes to QBs of this age, like if Griffin will ever become a good QB or is he done?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't a lot depend on what type of offense the HC wanted to run?
If the HC prefers an offense that keeps the D on it's heels he would kill to have an effective read option package installed . Luck can't run that package as he is no threat on the ground.
The choice of trading Russell is not as easy as it sounds.

Why couldn't Luck run that package? I mean the guy put up ridiculous numbers at the combine and has shown if called upon to run he does just fine. He chooses not to run and uses it as a last resort which is what you want from your QB in my opinion but if he needed to run the read-option package he could do just fine in my opinion.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Luck is the better QB but not by as much as some people seem to think.

2 choices that were not added to this list: 1. Because he has way more pass attempts, and 2. Because he has been the media's Golden Child since before he was drafted.

People want Seahawk fans to be unbiased when judging Wilson but many of the same people had the blinders on when it comes to Luck. His Td/Int ratio was not good his first couple years and he did have other faults but he showed grew potential. Last year he really stepped it up and started consistently owning that potential instead of just inconsistently switching between playing good and turning it over way too much.

Both seemed destined for greatness in the long haul. Many wins and some rings to boot. I would rather discuss something interesting when it comes to QBs of this age, like if Griffin will ever become a good QB or is he done?

I am one I actually think if Griffin ever got with the right coach/organization that he could once again be a top-10 QB in this league. He needs to be humbled and maybe just spend a year on the bench learning how to run an NFL offense but I think if a team could show some patience with him and really devote some of the coaching staff for a year to work with him like crazy we could see a guy that really surprises some people.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one I actually think if Griffin ever got with the right coach/organization that he could once again be a top-10 QB in this league. He needs to be humbled and maybe just spend a year on the bench learning how to run an NFL offense but I think if a team could show some patience with him and really devote some of the coaching staff for a year to work with him like crazy we could see a guy that really surprises some people.
The right HC and assistant coaches would be paramount IMO. I'd ban his dad from entering the stadium as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right HC and assistant coaches would be paramount IMO. I'd ban his dad from entering the stadium as well.

Yeah I would have to have a serious talk with him and ask "Are you ready to be your own man and own up to your mistakes you have made so far?" It just seems all of his life he has been told that anything that goes wrong is everybody else's fault so until he can own up to his weaknesses he just won't be able to do anything in this league.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did indicate that the OFC was set up for Luck to carry the team...his passing stats should look better than Wilson's...I'd be very concerned if they didn't if I were a Colts fans.

My biggest reason is I think you can plug Luck into any team in the league and he'll flourish...his size and athletic ability is top shelf.

Whereas Wilson...based on what we've seen thus far, I don't think you can plug him into any team and get the same results he's enjoyed in SEA...that said, I'm sure if SEA decided they wanted to start airing it out that his numbers would look much stronger...idk if the wins would follow though....(I look at Matt Ryan as an example)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would have to have a serious talk with him and ask "Are you ready to be your own man and own up to your mistakes you have made so far?" It just seems all of his life he has been told that anything that goes wrong is everybody else's fault so until he can own up to his weaknesses he just won't be able to do anything in this league.
Yep, can't blame him. I'm sure since he was okd enough to walk he was probably the best athlete around. When that's all you've been programmed to think it doesn't change overnight. Hopefully, he figures it out soon. The clock is ticking. He has potential to be great. But also has the potential to ve forgotten about the day after he retires.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has all the measurables plus he's brilliant, yes he is every gm's number 1 pick if given the choice, plus he finally put it together last season and stopped throwing picks and fumbling it. I think all Seahawks fans want people to notice is that Luck beat wilson in only the counting stats. And only because he put up about 5 million pass attempts. Wilson never turned it over at the rate Luck did his first two years. and Wilson has been to the pinnacle, and won it.

Seahawks fans will always have a chip on their shoulders, and will fight against "the annointed one" We'll point out ways that our guys have proven they are better then whomever we're comparing them too, then we'll also point to the ultimate goal which is a superbowl ring, back to back appearances, and being poised to make a run at a third.

When you've had the success the seahawks have, you've earned the right to pump your chest and talk about it.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neck beard still in first place

Too funny

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck's stature will make it easier for him to hold up in the pocket over the long haul. Like some of the other highly mobile QBs (McNair, Young, etc.), RW will have to shift his game as he gets older because he won't be able to live dangerously outside the pocket like he does now and get away with it or be quite as effective once he begins to lose some of his speed/quickness. That's really about it.

Perception-wise, Luck has a wider margin for error for being the #1 overall pick. Wilson does not because he doesn't fit the description of what we're told an NFL QB is supposed to be.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has all the measurables plus he's brilliant, yes he is every gm's number 1 pick if given the choice, plus he finally put it together last season and stopped throwing picks and fumbling it. I think all Seahawks fans want people to notice is that Luck beat wilson in only the counting stats. And only because he put up about 5 million pass attempts. Wilson never turned it over at the rate Luck did his first two years. and Wilson has been to the pinnacle, and won it.

Seahawks fans will always have a chip on their shoulders, and will fight against "the annointed one" We'll point out ways that our guys have proven they are better then whomever we're comparing them too, then we'll also point to the ultimate goal which is a superbowl ring, back to back appearances, and being poised to make a run at a third.

When you've had the success the seahawks have, you've earned the right to pump your chest and talk about it.

:nono:

Andrew Luck NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are spectacular young QB's, but Russell grows a beard and a half which is more important than just about anything.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it comes down to how long can they play at a high level.

Luck has a skill set that will help him get by father time. He will still produce well into his 30's.

RW relies a little too much on his legs for me to say he will still be doing that into his 30's. He won't get faster or maintain as he gets older.

That said, there is nothing telling me his game cannot evolve over time to compensate. and 90% of the team out there would be happy with either QB right now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it comes down to how long can they play at a high level.

Luck has a skill set that will help him get by father time. He will still produce well into his 30's.

RW relies a little too much on his legs for me to say he will still be doing that into his 30's. He won't get faster or maintain as he gets older.

That said, there is nothing telling me his game cannot evolve over time to compensate. and 90% of the team out there would be happy with either QB right now.

This right here has to be some of the concern. QB's that run as often as RW have shown that getting to the age of 30 is no easy feat. I know Wilson is smart in how he runs but it still means he is taking more hits because of how often he runs than that of a pocket passer. Eventually that adds up and the body begins to break down. Now Wilson is a smart guy so I think he can adjust his game and improve as a pocket passer but I do see why the Seahawks are a bit hesitant to hand over a ton of guaranteed money to a running QB when history has not been kind to them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here has to be some of the concern. QB's that run as often as RW have shown that getting to the age of 30 is no easy feat. I know Wilson is smart in how he runs but it still means he is taking more hits because of how often he runs than that of a pocket passer. Eventually that adds up and the body begins to break down. Now Wilson is a smart guy so I think he can adjust his game and improve as a pocket passer but I do see why the Seahawks are a bit hesitant to hand over a ton of guaranteed money to a running QB when history has not been kind to them.

I pretty much agree but I will say that just about every big hit Wilson has taken has been in the pocket.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Luck retires, he and Peyton Manning will own every QB record in NFL history except INTs which will remain between Favre and Brees.

Between them, they'll never be in 6 Super Bowls.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree but I will say that just about every big hit Wilson has taken has been in the pocket.

I would say some of that though too is because of his reliance on his feet. There is a reason that Wilson has the longest time in the pocket between snap and when he is sacked and that is because he tries to make things develop longer than they should opening him up to the rush getting to him and hitting him on a more regular basis compared to say Peyton Manning who is getting rid of the football almost 2 whole seconds faster per snap. A lot of those running QB's know they can keep plays alive with their feet so they end up taking some brutal hits because of that trust in their ability to escape. Heck I've seen it even with Ben Roethlisberger where he will hold onto the ball way too long and now has a history of being banged up on a semi regular basis.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll re-visit???