• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans of fast paced offenses whine when defenses...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Innovation? Playing backyard type rules! Are we also playing make it-take it this college basketball season! Please keep in mind this is my fight, not Bama's and when they kick everyone's ass this year for their 4th in 5 years you can continue to tell us how they are intimidated by these offenses! :laugh3: Anything I say has nothing to do with the fact I think Bama would wax these teams. I will go to the end saying defenses have rights too! I've noticed every comment has been from an Oregon, Clemson, Texas, OU, USC fan. Is it just a coincidence they all run tempo offenses? :whistle:

Well No shit....? This is a shocking development. You whine about fast paced offenses ... and condone players to fake injuries to prevent them from playing their style. I am absolutely SHOCKED that those teams showed up to tell your opinions on cheating are ludicrous.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well No shit....? This is a shocking development. You whine about fast paced offenses ... and condone players to fake injuries to prevent them from playing their style. I am absolutely SHOCKED that those teams showed up to tell your opinions on cheating are ludicrous.

Dude doesn't get it. Probably never will.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes you say something to get a point across but obviously it depends on the intelligent level of your audience if it works or not. How many times have I said i don't condone faking injuries BUT if they don't change the rules I have no problem with it. I would rather see them adapt the NFL approach or go back to when they just did things normal. They didn't go out of their way to set the ball in play at warp speed. I still think it was said perfect when a poster said it's not right for the officials to run the game one week differently then another just because it has an up tempo team. If you don't understand that i can't help you! Now try not to put words in my mouth. There is a way to say things literally and figuratively. Please try to remember that!

I can see the side of up tempo teams on this issue but it's ridiculous if they can't see mine! :noidea:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, look at the fans of every up tempo offense thinking the defense should have no rights! :wtf2:

Innovation? Playing backyard type rules! Are we also playing make it-take it this college basketball season! Please keep in mind this is my fight, not Bama's and when they kick everyone's ass this year for their 4th in 5 years you can continue to tell us how they are intimidated by these offenses! :laugh3: Anything I say has nothing to do with the fact I think Bama would wax these teams. I will go to the end saying defenses have rights too! I've noticed every comment has been from an Oregon, Clemson, Texas, OU, USC fan. Is it just a coincidence they all run tempo offenses? :whistle:

The defense has the right to be in shape and keep up; if defensive coordinators can't be proactive enough to stay with the constant shift in offensive schemes, they get fired. College football has changed every decade and is currently shifting in favor of more offense; the pendulum will swing back eventually. It amazes me that a fan of the team who's won two back to back BCS championships and three of four is bitching and moaning about offenses that push limit just as much as Saban does. I would love to see an undefeated Clemson have a shot at Bama, this isn't 2008 anymore.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you ever watched football? USC doesn't run an uptempo offense. In fact, if memory serves, USC averaged the fewest or 2nd fewest plays per game in the PAC!!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is a fan of a team that won 3 BCS Titles in Four Years....

whining about the style of offenses that runners-up are playing?

Thread title: FIFY

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever watched football? USC doesn't run an uptempo offense. In fact, if memory serves, USC averaged the fewest or 2nd fewest plays per game in the PAC!!

I know but you were about the only other fan posting so I had to include you but I also said you were a Oregon fan in a trojan outfit! Remember? :laugh3: In reality it's been all fans of up tempo offenses or fans of west coast pulling what they accuse the SEC of doing, defending their brethren. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has the right to be in shape and keep up; if defensive coordinators can't be proactive enough to stay with the constant shift in offensive schemes, they get fired. College football has changed every decade and is currently shifting in favor of more offense; the pendulum will swing back eventually. It amazes me that a fan of the team who's won two back to back BCS championships and three of four is bitching and moaning about offenses that push limit just as much as Saban does. I would love to see an undefeated Clemson have a shot at Bama, this isn't 2008 anymore.

It has almost nothing to do with conditioning. If you think Alabama isn't conditioned, then you are nuts. It's about being able to substitute for the situation at best. I'm so sick of hearing about conditioning as if that is the problem. Alabama vs A&M got scored on early, not late when conditioning becomes an issue.

And yeah, it's not 2008. Alabama is WAY better now if you haven't noticed.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has almost nothing to do with conditioning. If you think Alabama isn't conditioned, then you are nuts. It's about being able to substitute for the situation at best. I'm so sick of hearing about conditioning as if that is the problem. Alabama vs A&M got scored on early, not late when conditioning becomes an issue.

And yeah, it's not 2008. Alabama is WAY better now if you haven't noticed.

Then your D players need to be more versatile.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are, but that doesn't mean you can't have ideal players in for the situation.

When we played A&M it was outside adjustments that got made to stop them. Namely, what I call the "Tebow rule" got put in place. I was shocked it took that damn long for it to happen, but that's the way it went.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can any of you fans from up tempo offenses understand? It is about the game and how it is played! Officials should not have to speed up their game just because they have up tempo teams on the field. They should have a swift routine of getting the ball in play and teams abide by that. It gives everyone equality that way like I mentioned the NFL does it. Is has nothing to do with conditioning. Refs should not officiate one week one way (with pro style time control offenses) and up temp offenses the next. However, you see the officials changing their game totally and running to get the ball in play when up tempo teams are on the field. That is why there are discussions when a big game has both styles on opposite sides. It almost becomes where the officials are from. If they had one standard that was fast but allowed defenses to substitute, but they needed to be ready to substitute, this would not be an issue and it would be more equitable.

As for Alabama needing more versatile conditioned athletes, they seem to be doing just fine the way they are. 3 out 5 is it? Now this is where some idiot says than why are you complaining? :L

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can any of you fans from up tempo offenses understand? It is about the game and how it is played! Officials should not have to speed up their game just because they have up tempo teams on the field. They should have a swift routine of getting the ball in play and teams abide by that. It gives everyone equality that way like I mentioned the NFL does it. Is has nothing to do with conditioning. Refs should not officiate one week one way (with pro style time control offenses) and up temp offenses the next. However, you see the officials changing their game totally and running to get the ball in play when up tempo teams are on the field. That is why there are discussions when a big game has both styles on opposite sides. It almost becomes where the officials are from. If they had one standard that was fast but allowed defenses to substitute, but they needed to be ready to substitute, this would not be an issue and it would be more equitable.

As for Alabama needing more versatile conditioned athletes, they seem to be doing just fine the way they are. 3 out 5 is it? Now this is where some idiot says than why are you complaining? :L

Can you understand that football has been ever changing since it's inception. It has NEVER stayed the same for too long. Now you have these HUNH offenses that have changed the face of the game to an extent and defenses are going to have to adjust. What you want is to maintain the old school "smash mouth" football, which I like, but you can't change the rules and penalize an offense playing within the framework of the rules and guidelines set forth. It's obvious that you are a Defense fan and I get that. I love to watch a defense put a stranglehold on an O, especially a good one, but the times are a changing and we are moving to a more Offensive oriented game. Keep up or get left behind.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are, but that doesn't mean you can't have ideal players in for the situation.

When we played A&M it was outside adjustments that got made to stop them. Namely, what I call the "Tebow rule" got put in place. I was shocked it took that damn long for it to happen, but that's the way it went.

I agree that it's great to have ideal match ups, but that's the entire point of the HUNH O: To get those mismatches and exploit them. I'm not telling you anything you don't know though. You definitely have a higher football IQ than others and I have to believe that you just like playing Devil's advocate a little.

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you understand that football has been ever changing since it's inception. It has NEVER stayed the same for too long. Now you have these HUNH offenses that have changed the face of the game to an extent and defenses are going to have to adjust. What you want is to maintain the old school "smash mouth" football, which I like, but you can't change the rules and penalize an offense playing within the framework of the rules and guidelines set forth. It's obvious that you are a Defense fan and I get that. I love to watch a defense put a stranglehold on an O, especially a good one, but the times are a changing and we are moving to a more Offensive oriented game. Keep up or get left behind.

Good post edisto! It's refreshing when someone actually writes an intelligent response and not personally attacks you because their team does it and they take the "how dare you type approach." I realize the game is changing and I think the hunh is a strategic maneuver. However, I still think there's some inequality happening here and it's fixable!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post edisto! It's refreshing when someone actually writes an intelligent response and not personally attacks you because their team does it and they take the "how dare you type approach." I realize the game is changing and I think the hunh is a strategic maneuver. However, I still think there's some inequality happening here and it's fixable!

Let's face it, we are all homers and will defend our teams and anything associated with our team or we wouldn't spend time on a sports message board talking about it. If we were run-of-the-mill fans, we'd be watching housewives of atlanta or something instead of talking football here on the hoop. So with that said, you have to expect the bickering and arguing, which I have no problem with, I just don't like the petty name calling. I do it too from time to time but I try not. The offseason is always filled with this though and as soon as the season starts it will settle into some real talk about real facts and stats, for the most part. God, I love me some college football. :suds: