• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose antics are worse??

Whose antics are worse?

• Richard Sherman

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Jim Harbaugh

Votes: 40 58.8%

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Harbaugh is just as bad. His whining, act with Schwartz, field antics, etc. are about the poorest I've seen from any head coach in the Super Bowl era.

That said, I find Harbaugh highly amusing. He's great entertainment, END OF DAY A GREAT COACH.

He's the modern day equivalent of Marv Levy. Only with the composure of a seven year old.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with what Sherman did. Immediately after that play, he went up to Crabtree, smacked him on the butt and extended his hand to shake it (granted, who knows what he was saying at that point), then Crabtree put his hand on Sherman's facemask and shoved his face

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main point is that Sherman runs his mouth and says some pretty crazy crap which gets everyone upset, but that is all that he does. He does not get in fights, or get DUIs, or incite riots in strip clubs, or shoot off guns, etc. etc. that so many others seem to do, yet he is getting a worse rep than many of those idiots because #1: he is very good, #2: he has no filter on his mouth (in fact it seems that he has the opposite and intentionaly creates controversy).

And the point I'm saying is that there is a time and place to call out other players, or the fact this was the major topic on his mind even with his team heading to a Super Bowl! He proclaimed on National TV he's the best corner in the "history of the NFL" instead of saying I play with the greatest defensive team in the NFL!

Let alone that he just played in one of the best NFC title games that went the distance and could be ranking in the top five of all time greatest games, but instead he put a simple image out there that he is so much greater then the game it's self, I'm not try to hate here Jake, seen alot of ball in my life, and seen alot of emotion in sports, but I've never seen a player say that at the time .....

And for the record the whole Kelly thing and Harbaugh, it was 15 years ago, people do less time for murder, that can't be still used against Harbaugh, even though it was funnier then shit....:suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richard-sherman-choke.jpg

When I saw this live, I thought that Alex Boone (6' 8" 300) should have reached out and lifted him off the ground by the neck.

I'd say Sherman's antics are definitely worse but Harbaugh is more consistently bad and since his impact is so much less than a player, it makes it close. They're both embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the modern day equivalent of Marv Levy. Only with the composure of a seven year old.

:clap:

In that awkard interview with Pam Oliver, you can tell that if he doesn't win the SB next season, he's probably going to hurt someone because he's a very, very poor loser.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAWIfAhRhAY]Jim Harbaugh Pam Oliver Post NFC Championship Interview - YouTube[/ame]

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman's were worse, classic narcissist behavior.

The interview isn't even that bad, going over to Crabtree after the play, just shake his hand after the game. You don't need to make a spectacle out of it, because he knew Crabtree's reaction would be what it was, just like most players. Same with the choking.

The post game comments were low rent as well, he just sounded like an idiot, it wasn't interesting or funny. It's a shame though too because the guy is very smart and understands the game. I saw an NFL segment where he broke down film, and he thinks the game as much as anyone.

But with the antics, including the Brady thing last year, and going on First Take and talking down Skip Bayless (who I hate too) just play into the crazy persona.

How can a guy who is so smart be such a moron in situations? I think it's intentional to feed his ego. Either way, he plays a complicated villain who is easy to hate and like at the same time.

Just because he 'can back it up' doesn't give him carte blanche to be a huge d-bag to everyone else. It just makes him a huge douche who is a great player.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman had over 270,000 followers added and over 1.5 million twitter posts with his name in it within 24 hours of the end of the game. That is more posts than "Seahawks" and "49ers" combined in that time period!

This all was within 24 hours of the release of his Beats headphones commerical.

Me thinks that this is all about money and Sherman has just managed to make himself a household name and a whole crapload of money more than any of us are ever going to see.

It's all about the bamk and Sherman has just made himself the most marketable figure in the NFL in one massive manuver. Of course some brands will not want him because of his controversial personality, but my guess is that he just made himself eight figures with his well publicized rank.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

In that awkard interview with Pam Oliver, you can tell that if he doesn't win the SB next season, he's probably going to hurt someone because he's a very, very poor loser.

Jim Harbaugh Pam Oliver Post NFC Championship Interview - YouTube

Honestly Hammer I think you are one of the biggest trolls on this board (along with SonnyCID and Breaker99). In what World are you living in where there is anything wrong with this interview? This is moments after his season ended, fyi.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman had over 270,000 followers added and over 1.5 million twitter posts with his name in it within 24 hours of the end of the game. That is more posts than "Seahawks" and "49ers" combined in that time period!

Me thinks that this is all about money and Sherman has just managed to make himself a household name and a whole crapload of money more than any of us are ever going to see.

It's all about the bamk and Sherman has just made himself the most marketable figure in the NFL in one massive manuver. Of course some brands will not want him because of his controversial personality, but my guess is that he just made himself eight figures with his well publicized rank.

Doing something for money isn't a defense, but at least a reason. The Situation also acts like an idiot for cash and I suppose he is set for life.

Personally Id rather have my dignity than any amount of money but that's just me.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks what Sherman did was not that bad? I mean, he called an opposition player mediocre. Yeah, I am with everybody else in that I wish he didn't do it and it was not a very team friendly thing to do, nor did he show respect to his opponent. But come on, this reaction is over the top. He is a terrible person because he called Crabtree mediocre? That seems to be what most people are saying. I guarantee players say worse things in every single NFL game when they are talking trash to each other. Does it make it so bad that he said it out loud?

That being said, I wish he had done it a lot differently. He could have gotten the same message across without making himself look bad. He clearly has something personal with crabtree and he could have still taken a shot at Crabtree without making himself look so...crazy. Not that I think it is good to take shots at opposing players, just that if you do it in the right way you can still come out looking all right. If he had just said "Crabtree called me mediocre, and today I showed him who the mediocre one is," nobody would be upset.

Fuck Crabtree. Crabtree is one of the biggest smack talkers out there b/c he thinks he is much better than what he really is. So glad Sherman called him out. I didn't have a problem with what Sherman said.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Hammer I think you are one of the biggest trolls on this board (along with SonnyCID and Breaker99). In what World are you living in where there is anything wrong with this interview? This is moments after his season ended, fyi.

Was Jim devastated, destroyed or defeated? (What died on Pam's head?).

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its well proven that any press is good press when it comes to the media. He could absolutely be pulling a Miley Cyrus to get attention.
well...he IS built a lot like Miley

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how Sherman is running his mouth. If he's not the best corner in football, he's #2 at worst, and Crabtree isn't really a top-10 wideout. Or top-20. Or top-30. I think his interview could reasonably be interpreted as 'accurate', not 'trash'.

Harbaugh does behave like a 5-year-old throwing a tantrum. In my refereeing days at a much lower level, we just tuned those guys out entirely. Not sure he's helping his team get any calls with his antics.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherman made himself look like a fool but a head coach should be held to a higher standard.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calling Sherman the most marketable figure in the NFL is absurd regardless of who your favorite team is.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Sherman the most marketable figure in the NFL is absurd regardless of who your favorite team is.

Polarizing is probably a better word. Either way, those who love him will support him no matter what. Those who hate him are still making him relevant by talking about him. See: Terrell Owens.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherman made himself look like a fool but a head coach should be held to a higher standard.

I agree, but Harbaugh and Sherman are not comparable. Harbaugh does complain about the refs too much during the game- but listen to ALL of his comments in press conferences, post game interviews, etc. He is always classy and positive- even if a little quirky at times.

Sherman consistently calls players out in post game interviews, calls Skip Bayless an idiot (or whatever), and has a constant pattern of this behavior.

Its laughable they are even being compared.

I will say this though- I don't think Sherman's antics make the Seahawks classless. He is one guy on a 53 man team, few hundred employee organization, with hundreds of thousands (or millions) of fans. I always reject that the actions of a few describe an entire organization. Most of the Seahawks seem like decent guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't get how Sherman is running his mouth. If he's not the best corner in football, he's #2 at worst, and Crabtree isn't really a top-10 wideout. Or top-20. Or top-30. I think his interview could reasonably be interpreted as 'accurate', not 'trash'.

Harbaugh does behave like a 5-year-old throwing a tantrum. In my refereeing days at a much lower level, we just tuned those guys out entirely. Not sure he's helping his team get any calls with his antics.

Crabs is a top 20 WR. You just lost all credibility with that.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is currently possibly the most talked about person in possibly the entire USA. He has had front page headlines on virtually every newsite and about 4 or 5 front page sports stories on every site in the last 2 days.

It is about name recognition. He has been known for being brash and getting his name in the headlines but this has taken it to a whole new level and you can bet that it is going to make him a pile of money. His agent probably has to hire additional staff to handle the phone calls and emails that he is currently getting for pre-SB hype.

If Sherman can have a big SB game, then he could really put himself on top for a long ride. You may not like it. You may sit here and pish-posh it with your "absurd" comments, but be ready to see a whole lot more of him on the TV ads, magazines, etc.

Oh and by the way, this has nothing to do with who my favorite team is. I have already stated that I don't condone Sherman's mouth for much of what he says. It only happens to be that he is a Seahawk that I am paying closer attention to it.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing something for money isn't a defense, but at least a reason. The Situation also acts like an idiot for cash and I suppose he is set for life.

Personally Id rather have my dignity than any amount of money but that's just me.

Comparing the Situation to Sherman is a huge stretch. That guy is a complete moron.

You can have your dignity and I will maintain mine, but if somebody offered me $10 or 20 million I would sell them my dignity and then enjoy my retirement in luxury.