• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose antics are worse??

Whose antics are worse?

• Richard Sherman

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Jim Harbaugh

Votes: 40 58.8%

• Total voters

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh attacked an announcer and broke his fist by hitting him in the head.

Then he got a DUI several nights after losing his wallet in a bar because he was hammered (as described by the staff).

Also he is an absentee father to his children from his first marriage for the vast majority of the year (side effect of the job maybe? Still does not make it right.).

I guess that is all "cheeky and fun" while Sherman, who has just over-ran his mouth and not actually committed any offenses outside of interviews is the classless one??

:wtf2:

He broke his hand as a player and the reporter was Jim Kelly!

The DUI was 2006 and he's using it to teach players from the mistake..

The comment about being an "absentee father" where you coming up with that?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

I think that Sherman's antics are largely an act. I think that he intentionally wants to be the bad guy and have a target on his back. I am biased towards him but I wish he would reel in his mouth.
I think its well proven that any press is good press when it comes to the media. He could absolutely be pulling a Miley Cyrus to get attention.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain. JH's are "cheeky and fun"? What kind of fun does that look like? And Sherman's are cruel? I'm not on a side here, but I find your descriptions a bit off imo.

EVIL SHENANIGANS!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
between the two examples given. I have to say Shermans was worse.
When I see Harbaughs temper tantrum it makes me laugh. Hell if I were a ref I might call a bogus call just to watch it act a fool. LOL

When I see Shermans. I think what a dick! Worse yet. He only does that when he knows his team won the game. Kinda chicken shit showboating in my book. he is protected by the rules because any of those lineman went & choke slammed for his taunting. they would have been the ones in trouble.
Now I am honestly all good with the trash talking players do during a game, but when the game is basically over. Now your just being a classless dick. Don't think he needed to be the way he was in the post interview. All that shows is low self esteem & needing acknowledgment he would have had anyways. However I didn't think the post interview was as bad as everyone made it out to be. think running around doing the choke sign was worse than the interview. Didn't see the interview originally. read some 200+ posts about it & thought holy crap what did he do. Then saw it & thought..... that wasn't that bad. Granted wasn't PC, but far from crazy in my book.

but to answer the question taunting with the choke sign after they knew they were gonna win is way worse than JH silly antics. If I were a niner player I would have wanted to beat the crap out of him. (again not PC but hey....)

If I am a Seahawk player with Harbaughs actions I would laugh at him.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You call somebody an absentee father, you better have good evidence to back that up.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh Sherman and Harbaugh both get caught up in the moment. Passionate people are good to have on a team or in a relationship but always have to remember that passion swings both ways.

I see two people that are very passionate and at times it brings out the best, and worst in them. Sherman has had his moments of glory... when he bagged on Skip Bayless and called out Brady for trash talking and showed that loud mouth in Washington last year, but his antics with Crabs were a little over the top. Same with Harbaugh... Schwartz looked like a fool chasing after Harbaugh when it appeared Harbaugh was giving it right back to him, but the GIF you posted of Harbaugh freaking out over a ref call not to mention Vernon Davis' TD last week were over the top.

Who cares. I dunno, I haven't heard any recent stories of either person killing people, domestic abuse, locker room destruction, etc. So they trash talk and get a little obnoxious at times. It creates some good stories and end of day doesn't hurt anyone. Back in the 70s-90s trash talking was completely normal and part of a game. So what if Sanders and Rice just handed the ball to the refs. LT used to trash talk all the f'ing time and people loved him for it.

Whatever. The NFL (no fun league) has extended to the pussy fanbases as well.

And as a Seahawks fan, as much as I think Harbaugh is a douche, I wouldn't want it any other way. LOL, he's great entertainment and I love his passion. He's also a great coach and if he can get a couple super bowls might be one of the best in NFL history. Just like Sherman is the best corner in the league at the moment and if he can continue this for 5+ years might be one of the best of all time.

So they trash talked. Who the fuck cares? Least they didn't murder anyone like Ray Lewis and OJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Harbaugh did what Sherman did after a game in an interview, the NFL would literally throw him in a dungeon for the entire offseason.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harbaugh did what Sherman did after a game in an interview, the NFL would literally throw him in a dungeon for the entire offseason.

Doubt it.. they'd react the same way the NFL and sports outlets are acting now. Sherman's 'antics' was like the #1 story today. Manning and Brady who?

Not gonna lie, media LOVES guys like Harbaugh/Sherman. It's news/stories. Wouldn't be surprised if both Sherman and Harbaugh are both pulling the biggest troll job the NFL has ever seen. Both are from Stanford after all. Sherman probably called Harbaugh later and said, "DID YOU SEE ERIN!? LOL" Harbaugh, "I know. God damn bro, that was some funny shit. Almost as good as when Schwartz was chasing me down the field trying to thug me!" Sherman: "LOL my ****a!"

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I the only one that thinks what Sherman did was not that bad? I mean, he called an opposition player mediocre. Yeah, I am with everybody else in that I wish he didn't do it and it was not a very team friendly thing to do, nor did he show respect to his opponent. But come on, this reaction is over the top. He is a terrible person because he called Crabtree mediocre? That seems to be what most people are saying. I guarantee players say worse things in every single NFL game when they are talking trash to each other. Does it make it so bad that he said it out loud?

That being said, I wish he had done it a lot differently. He could have gotten the same message across without making himself look bad. He clearly has something personal with crabtree and he could have still taken a shot at Crabtree without making himself look so...crazy. Not that I think it is good to take shots at opposing players, just that if you do it in the right way you can still come out looking all right. If he had just said "Crabtree called me mediocre, and today I showed him who the mediocre one is," nobody would be upset.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just compare Sherman's postgame quotes as a WINNER to Harbaugh's after a LOSS. /thread.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks what Sherman did was not that bad? I mean, he called an opposition player mediocre. Yeah, I am with everybody else in that I wish he didn't do it and it was not a very team friendly thing to do, nor did he show respect to his opponent. But come on, this reaction is over the top. He is a terrible person because he called Crabtree mediocre? That seems to be what most people are saying. I guarantee players say worse things in every single NFL game when they are talking trash to each other. Does it make it so bad that he said it out loud?

That being said, I wish he had done it a lot differently. He could have gotten the same message across without making himself look bad. He clearly has something personal with crabtree and he could have still taken a shot at Crabtree without making himself look so...crazy. Not that I think it is good to take shots at opposing players, just that if you do it in the right way you can still come out looking all right. If he had just said "Crabtree called me mediocre, and today I showed him who the mediocre one is," nobody would be upset.

Eh our culture these days is so pussy (feminist) whipped it's ridiculous. Everything has a political/racial/sour undertone. Defensive players trash talked all the time back in the 50s-90s and it was just par for the course. It's out of hand when swear words, physical violence, racial comments (to some degree, even 90% of those are BS) come into play but I digress.

Sherman went a little crazy in that interview but I thought it was pretty funny. Crabtree talked trash in college, he talked trash during the draft.... even when Seattle was drafting the camera panned to him mouthing, "It's me, it's me!" and when we picked Curry he quickly lost the smile and started clapping. Crabtree's major issues coming out of college were his "I'm the best" attitude and his trash talk. Sherman put him in his place and just because Sherman is a bit more open to the media on it, is blasted.

Whatever. Majority of Sportsnation is retarded. Do I think Sherman should've kept his mouth shut? Yes. However, he didn't hurt anyone or make very offensive comments and was it amusing as hell? Yes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is paid to lead. Wasn't aware of his criminal record, his broken hand or his previous marriage. Don't care now that I am aware. He got my vote anyway.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just compare Sherman's postgame quotes as a WINNER to Harbaugh's after a LOSS. /thread.

Oh Harbaugh is just as bad. His whining, act with Schwartz, field antics, etc. are about the poorest I've seen from any head coach in the Super Bowl era.

That said, I find Harbaugh highly amusing. He's great entertainment, END OF DAY A GREAT COACH.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must be some good shit up there in Washington! Calling out players and getting in their face after a win is not even comparable to complaining about the refs. They are in different categories altogether.

And Shwartz flipped out, Harbaugh literally did nothing. W/e, I'm done with this thread.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must be some good shit up there in Washington! Calling out players and getting in their face after a win is not even comparable to complaining about the refs. They are in different categories altogether.

And Shwartz flipped out, Harbaugh literally did nothing. W/e, I'm done with this thread.

That's probably for the best. You're fighting a losing battle.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that these are 'antics.' They are both emotional guys that wear their emotions on their sleeves. I hated Sherman until I came to the realization that he is just as emotional as Harbaugh.

I voted for Sherm, though.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He broke his hand as a player and the reporter was Jim Kelly!

The DUI was 2006 and he's using it to teach players from the mistake..

The comment about being an "absentee father" where you coming up with that?

#1: Yes, it was Jim Kelly. Does that somehow make it ok for him to bust into a press conference and hit him in the head, thus breaking his own hand in the process (which is pretty funny by the way)?

Richard Sherman certainly has never broken into the press area and attacked a reporter and if he did people would really be freaking out.

#2: Good for him to be teaching others to learn from his mistakes. He still made the mistake and the reports from the bar stated that he had done the same thing rather regularly.
It certainly appears that he has learned from this and will never do it again, but still fair game to be brought up.

#3: The "absentee father" comment was based on an article that I read that stated that he sees his children from his first marriage only 2 or 3 times per year during the season. I believe that it was a quote from his ex-wife so it might also be a bit biased and the kids do live in Coronado so it is not close to SF. I was looking for the article and couldn't find it.
I don't know the details of his relationship with his children. He could be talking to them on Skype every day, and he could spend the entire offseason with them for all I know. But from what I read he does not physically see them but a couple of times a year during the season.

Again, Harbaugh is a very good coach. He has made some mistakes as a person (who hasn't) and is apparently not the nicest guy, or easiest guy to get along with on a one on one level.

My main point is that Sherman runs his mouth and says some pretty crazy crap which gets everyone upset, but that is all that he does. He does not get in fights, or get DUIs, or incite riots in strip clubs, or shoot off guns, etc. etc. that so many others seem to do, yet he is getting a worse rep than many of those idiots because #1: he is very good, #2: he has no filter on his mouth (in fact it seems that he has the opposite and intentionaly creates controversy).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think you guys have gotten off track from the original question. Which was which antics (of the two) were worse. Not who had more baggage overall. When you start adding extra stuff to Harbaugh. Just makes it seem you are doing it, so you don't have to say Shermans Antics was worse.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think you guys have gotten off track from the original question. Which was which antics (of the two) were worse. Not who had more baggage overall. When you start adding extra stuff to Harbaugh. Just makes it seem you are doing it, so you don't have to say Shermans Antics was worse.

People are stating what a bad human being Sherman is based solely on his interviews with reporters so I consider this conversation to be an extension of the original question to indicate that people need to be judged as a whole and not just on what we see from some media outlets.

Threads often deviate (slightly or sometimes greatly) from the original topic. While you see this as me avoiding stating that Sherman's antics where bad (which I actually did state several times), I see your response as an avoidance on the larger issue which I brought up. So I guess it is a matter of perspective then.