• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's stealing the most money in the NFL?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how they roll with Petty (who they are doing everything they can to avoid starting) or Meckenburg, who by all accounts is nowhere near NFL ready (im personally of the opinion he never will be)....

But when you look at the skill position players on that roster (Marshall, Forte, Decker assuming he returns), I think they will have to look for a Romo "type", not exactly the luxury of a rebuild situation

That's right, forgot they have their QB's of the future on the roster.

Hmmm, tough call for them. You don't want to blow up the skill you have on that team, but do you want to put everything in Romo's hands and roll the dice..

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think Brock Osweiler is high on this list, with his four-year, $72 million contract.

But who else is a candidate?

Romo? He signed a six-year $108 million deal in 2013 at age 33 and has only played 4 games so far in the past two years.

Oh....

I thought this was about Fan Duel or Draft Kings...

Federal Investigations Of Daily Fantasy Sports Likely Focused On Two Areas

DraftKings Scandal: You'll Be Shocked At Who Owns Fantasy Sports Giants -- The Motley Fool

DraftKings: Fox Sports, Major League Baseball, the National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, The Madison Square Garden Company and Legends, and The Kraft Group (owners of the New England Patriots).

FanDuel: National Basketball Association, NBC Sports Ventures (Comcast), Comcast Ventures, Google Capital, Time Warner/Turner Sports, KKR, and "a number of NFL and NBA team owners."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/24/s...near-settlement-with-new-york-state.html?_r=0

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, forgot they have their QB's of the future on the roster.

Hmmm, tough call for them. You don't want to blow up the skill you have on that team, but do you want to put everything in Romo's hands and roll the dice..

If he can prove healthy, its a good enough roster to think they can be legit postseason contenders, and also buys another year of development if they really think Mettenberger is the guy

If not Romo, I think it will be that type of QB, somewhat proven veteran not named Ryan Fitzpatrick...Im just not sure what names are available

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can prove healthy, its a good enough roster to think they can be legit postseason contenders, and also buys another year of development if they really think Mettenberger is the guy

If not Romo, I think it will be that type of QB, somewhat proven veteran not named Ryan Fitzpatrick...Im just not sure what names are available

Maybe, not sure that team is anywhere near the talent of some of his Cowboy teams, especially if they are moving guys to make cap space. It's got a chance but not a very good one and if it doesn't work out you just pushed back your rebuild.

Trying to think of what vet could be out there..

Depending how Sam Bradford finishes maybe, but I doubt Teddy is ready for 2017.

Outside shot at Cousins. Tannehill. Kaep/Gabbert.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, not sure that team is anywhere near the talent of some of his Cowboy teams, especially if they are moving guys to make cap space. It's got a chance but not a very good one and if it doesn't work out you just pushed back your rebuild.

Trying to think of what vet could be out there..

Depending how Sam Bradford finishes maybe, but I doubt Teddy is ready for 2017.

Outside shot at Cousins. Tannehill. Kaep/Gabbert.

Reports are now coming out that Bridgewater's career may be in jeopardy. Cousins is not going anywhere nor likely Tannehill so I guess that one of the 49ers QBs is the only real possibility from your list.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are now coming out that Bridgewater's career may be in jeopardy. Cousins is not going anywhere nor likely Tannehill so I guess that one of the 49ers QBs is the only real possibility from your list.

Yeah I thought that on Bridgewater when it happened.

Cousins may. They aren't going to franchise him a 2nd time, so most likely he will be hitting the market. And if he plays poorly the rest of the way they may want to part ways or not give him a competitive offer.

Tannehill I could see being released at the end of the year. He's not Tannenbaum's guy. He's not Gase's guy. The previous regime drafted and then extended him. Next year he becomes a cap savings (10 mil) if let go or traded. If he doesn't return to his solid 2014 form, I could see him out.

I wouldn't say great chances on either one of those guys. But a good chance between the two that one of them is not retained next year if their play doesn't improve.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the subject of guys getting paid after doing little, then doing little after they get the money, I'm gonna give some props to the TB Bucs. They could have done this for J. Freeman after the year he had in 2010, but didn't. Good on ya, Tampa.

And what the heck happened to Josh Freeman? Had a heck of a year in 2010, then sucked, then disappeared.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the subject of guys getting paid after doing little, then doing little after they get the money, I'm gonna give some props to the TB Bucs. They could have done this for J. Freeman after the year he had in 2010, but didn't. Good on ya, Tampa.

And what the heck happened to Josh Freeman? Had a heck of a year in 2010, then sucked, then disappeared.

Well they did get lucky in that he had his blowup year in year 2 of his 5 year rookie contract. Had that been year 4/5 I am sure he would have gotten a nice big deal.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy he beat this weekend is making nearly double what the Jets are paying him....

Flacco also has a SB on his resume and is a lot better QB than Fitz.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does count for something. The fact that the fans' "hatred" is directed towards Goodell rather than the owners is a perfect example of him doing his job well.
That may be true, but the question begs: Is he worth 40 million?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody "Father of the year" Johnson.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever heard of Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Not even close. 12 mil is nothing for a QB and he had a solid year last year for 2 or 3 mil. Regardless of how bad he's been this year the Jets are off the hook with him after this year where many of the other contracts people are naming are far worse for many more years. Hell, Mo Wilkerson just got a big deal and he's been awful and Revis has been awful too. Fitz isn't even the worst contract on his own team

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true, but the question begs: Is he worth 40 million?

His employers think so. I mean...say want you want, the owners (as a whole) are not stupid business people.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I thought that on Bridgewater when it happened.

Cousins may. They aren't going to franchise him a 2nd time, so most likely he will be hitting the market. And if he plays poorly the rest of the way they may want to part ways or not give him a competitive offer.

Tannehill I could see being released at the end of the year. He's not Tannenbaum's guy. He's not Gase's guy. The previous regime drafted and then extended him. Next year he becomes a cap savings (10 mil) if let go or traded. If he doesn't return to his solid 2014 form, I could see him out.

I wouldn't say great chances on either one of those guys. But a good chance between the two that one of them is not retained next year if their play doesn't improve.

Guys like Cutler and McCown could be available; Hoyer, Glennon and EJ Manuel (whatever your thoughts might be on him) will be. Keenum, Hill, Cassel, Sanchez, Mallet, Austin Davis, etc.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Cutler and McCown could be available; Hoyer, Glennon and EJ Manuel (whatever your thoughts might be on him) will be. Keenum, Hill, Cassel, Sanchez, Mallet, Austin Davis, etc.

Glennon is the one I've been interested in. I was a bit surprised the Bucs didn't move him for picks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jump Ball Joe" Flacco says it is close.

Flacco will always have at least he had a nice 4-game playoff run. Osweiler has nothing close to that. The best he can say is "at least I learned from a legend for 4-years." But obviously that isn't even paying off yet.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His employers think so. I mean...say want you want, the owners (as a whole) are not stupid business people.

Profits keep going up. The concussion lawsuit was settled for about 1/2 what they thought they were going to have to pay out and he's beaten the union in negotiations just about every time they've butted heads. Hell, he got the union to sign off on him being the judge, jury and executioner when it came to disciplinary actions. Sure he's screwed that end up but getting that power was pretty impressive.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't care because hey they get paid that nice fee that they get to divide up among them.

Sounds like NHL owners on expansion to Vegas.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco will always have at least he had a nice 4-game playoff run. Osweiler has nothing close to that. The best he can say is "at least I learned from a legend for 4-years." But obviously that isn't even paying off yet.

Maybe true, but there is nothing before or since that run that would suggest he is worth the money he is getting from Baltimore.