• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's stealing the most money in the NFL?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, honestly it's all been hindsight too. None of the moves I disliked at the time.

When all we had was Sam Bradford, I had no issue bringing in Chase to compete as the QB of our team for that price at all.

When Wentz was available, I had no issue at all going for him even though we had 7 mil invested in Chase, and the investment on Bradford.

In hindsight when they moved for Wentz I wished they hadn't extended Bradford, but of course with the Vikings trade, I was fine with how it turned out.

More than happy how our QB situation ended up in the off-season. We are 27th in salary cap space spent on the QB position and that's not likely to change the next few years. I am good with that.

Yeah I think everything worked out pretty well for the Eagles when it comes to the QB situation. Still can't believe they got so lucky in getting Bradford traded and getting a 1st round pick in return. Like I said I just feel a bit for Daniel's as I think if he had known how this whole thing would shake out he would have looked elsewhere. With Pederson being his OC in KC though I think he thought that was his best shot to start and well it just didn't work out in his favor at any point this off season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought he was the best backup in the NFL with KC

Not sure how a guy qualifies as stealing money when he isn't given a shot to play
Hard to say...I watched Daniels throughout high school and college. I think it's been good for him to not play. The money has been great and he hasn't been exposed, Student of the game without question, just not sure that would show itself if he actually had to play weekly.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say...I watched Daniels throughout high school and college. I think it's been good for him to not play. The money has been great and he hasn't been exposed, Student of the game without question, just not sure that would show itself if he actually had to play weekly.

An Alex Smith ceiling is not the worst place to be

I just think of Alex Smith when I hear "Student of the game"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of cap space to make room for...

Romo to the Jets in 2017 (of course with proven health) is such a Jets move, and maybe not the worst move in the world, considering they have a playoff roster in place, outside of the QB position

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree, he's unknown. Could be a Whitehurst, could be a Schaub (the good years).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Blake Bortles play for free?

Cheap relatively due to his rookie contract, cap hit of $5.6M this year, $6.6M next year. In other words, about what Daniels is getting to hold a clipboard.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Kevin Kolb and Matt Flynn. They were the first to get huge money after not doing a whole lot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo to the Jets in 2017 (of course with proven health) is such a Jets move, and maybe not the worst move in the world, considering they have a playoff roster in place, outside of the QB position

No cap space (currently $2.3M over next year's cap).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if he is exposed though $7 million for a QB is nothing in today's NFL. Right now on a per year basis he is being paid as the 26th highest QB in the league. Considering every rookie out there is making less than him he is pretty much just being paid with what many think of him as a high quality back up.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think Brock Osweiler is high on this list, with his four-year, $72 million contract.

But who else is a candidate?

Romo? He signed a six-year $108 million deal in 2013 at age 33 and has only played 4 games so far in the past two years.

The 2016 Matt Cassell.

What a great country.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap relatively due to his rookie contract, cap hit of $5.6M this year, $6.6M next year. In other words, about what Daniels is getting to hold a clipboard.

Jags fans probably wish he was holding that clipboard

But when Chad Henne is the other option

Chad F**** Henne, cant believe that's their next best option

"We have complete faith in Blake"

No Shit, Chad Henne is the next guy up

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Kevin Kolb and Matt Flynn. They were the first to get huge money after not doing a whole lot.

Actually can go back to guys like Doug Pederson. That deal was big for a guy who'd just been a backup to great QB's.

I do think that the cost is going up though. Rookie's costing a lot less, and the "have's" and "have nots" of the NFL in terms of QB's is growing.

Schaub got a monster one too about 10 years ago.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhhhhh, a lot of re-structuring required

They've got a lot of releasable guys though. Revis may be on that list (save 7 mil). Clady very well could be (only 500k cap hit and 10 mil savings). They can make the room pretty easily to get a QB, just will have to lose guys elsewhere.

I think it is possible, especially if they find themselves behind really QB needy teams in the draft.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got a lot of releasable guys though. Revis may be on that list (save 7 mil). Clady very well could be (only 500k cap hit and 10 mil savings). They can make the room pretty easily to get a QB, just will have to lose guys elsewhere.

I think it is possible, especially if they find themselves behind really QB needy teams in the draft.

Don't see how they roll with Petty (who they are doing everything they can to avoid starting) or Meckenburg, who by all accounts is nowhere near NFL ready (im personally of the opinion he never will be)....

But when you look at the skill position players on that roster (Marshall, Forte, Decker assuming he returns), I think they will have to look for a Romo "type", not exactly the luxury of a rebuild situation