• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SHOW ME THE MONEY

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the price has "likely gone to $50 million a year or more" for Eagles QB Jalen Hurts.​

Eagles GM Howie Roseman said the team hopes to sign Hurts early in the offseason. With Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson all due extensions, the Eagles want to get out ahead on Hurts, who is in the final year of his contract. Hurts doesn't have a fifth-year option as a second-round pick and is likely to be the first of the QB extensions. Hurts' contract could be structured similar to the deal the Eagles gave Carson Wentz in 2019, with Hurts signing a four-year deal with 80% of it guaranteed.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insane money. I sure hope for the Eagles' sake it turns out to be worth it.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles want to get ahead of Baltimore and Chargers.
If they sign Hurts to that 50 million contract I want to listen to WIP for the insane reasoning of how cheap great etc it is & then I want to hear it when they have a bad season. The radio hosts in Philly make Dallas hosts look like Mr Rodgers in comparison ;)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the cost of success. Hurts has earned every penny. I would offer 6 years 300 million with 200 million (the first 4 years) guaranteed. This new contract won’t kick in until 2024. The Eagles have one more year before they experience the cap hits.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the cost of success. Hurts has earned every penny. I would offer 6 years 300 million with 200 million (the first 4 years) guaranteed. This new contract won’t kick in until 2024. The Eagles have one more year before they experience the cap hits.
Ok, I'll admit, I'm notoriously tight - but that's a lot of money and a big chunk of the cap!
I hope the Eagles do it!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll admit, I'm notoriously tight - but that's a lot of money and a big chunk of the cap!
I hope the Eagles do it!
It’s the going rate these days. I’d rather pay this money into a guy who is worth it than to pay a Watson or Dak.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you were the Eagles you would move on from Jalen Hurts?
The guy got you to a SB, you pay him. You would like more of a track record to pay a guy $50M/yr+ but he has the tools. This is a different case then Lamar, he seems to have a ceiling in the playoffs while having the perfect scheme around him. The only thing I see being an issue is can Philly put a SB contending team around him while paying him this kind of money. It can be done. The lack of top tier QB talent in the NFC really seems to be in Philly’s favor.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the going rate these days. I’d rather pay this money into a guy who is worth it than to pay a Watson or Dak.
Some of the Eagles fans said that about Wentz 2. And I’m not comparing the players just the situation. Gambling on QB has been going on way before the Passing game rules changed to favor the offense. Hurts is a good young QB. I wish him Well except when he plays my Cowboy’s.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy got you to a SB, you pay him. You would like more of a track record to pay a guy $50M/yr+ but he has the tools. This is a different case then Lamar, he seems to have a ceiling in the playoffs while having the perfect scheme around him. The only thing I see being an issue is can Philly put a SB contending team around him while paying him this kind of money. It can be done. The lack of top tier QB talent in the NFC really seems to be in Philly’s favor.
The Eagles really play system ball. They have principles and values and that’s seen in the allocation of their cap.
- invest in both lines of scrimmage
-LBs RBs are plug and play positions that don’t garner investment in a second contract or worthy of consideration for a first round pick
- QB and CB are the non line of scrimmage positions that they place the same level of value on

They CAN make this work. At the same time, during Howie Roseman’s tenure they’ve taken a step back in each season where the QB has been a larger piece of the cap.

Maybe I’m wrong but Hurts projects as the consummate team guy. The bigger the contract the more flexibility in being able to play shenanigans with contract renegotiations and kicking cap hits down the road. The Eagles will have to be more judicious going forward but Roseman’s cap expertise + Hurts team oriented nature = when those opportunities come up in FA to get a sorely needed piece to make up for draft misses they can make it happen. I look at their defensive off season last year and they added Reddick which took their pass rush from 28 sacks in 2021 to 70 sacks in 2022. With the system in place, the Eagles will still be in a position to add that guy going forward. What they won’t be able to do is sign the Bradberry type guy they signed as well to make the secondary bad ass. The Eagles draft team has to log a higher hit position than they have.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they sign Hurts to that 50 million contract I want to listen to WIP for the insane reasoning of how cheap great etc it is & then I want to hear it when they have a bad season. The radio hosts in Philly make Dallas hosts look like Mr Rodgers in comparison ;)

He's the 2nd best QB in the elsgue at worst, only 24 years old and the price of QB contracts will just keep going up.

Sit back and watch how a smart franchise does it. They can lock in Hurts at $50M a year and the price will go up to around $60M a year within the next 1-2 years.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the Eagles fans said that about Wentz 2. And I’m not comparing the players just the situation. Gambling on QB has been going on way before the Passing game rules changed to favor the offense. Hurts is a good young QB. I wish him Well except when he plays my Cowboy’s.
Very fair. The undoing of Wentz came from his injuries. There was evidence of injury history when he was at North Dakota St. and they largely looked past it. Maybe we are having a different conversation if Wentz could have been healthy.

<Knocks on wood> Hurts doesn’t come with the same injury history. However, the game he needs to play to be a special QB entails him putting himself in harms way more than the average QB.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the 2nd best QB in the elsgue at worst, only 24 years old and the price of QB contracts will just keep going up.

Sit back and watch how a smart franchise does it. They can lock in Hurts at $50M a year and the price will go up to around $60M a year within the next 1-2 years.
Your opinions Koy are like cow manure they make great fertilizer but when they are fresh they are squishy and stick to your boots smelling like Sh*t. After your rant during the SB and then disappearance you need to sit down and STFU. Grownups are talking football not little boys that go run and hide.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is more realistic to what I thought he would be asking. When I 1st heard he was asking 45. I thought the eagles should jump at it before he wizened up. Until they fix how these new contract are paid out. This will be the going rate. Eagles ain't got much choice. They're not letting him walk.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is more realistic to what I thought he would be asking. When I 1st heard he was asking 45. I thought the eagles should jump at it before he wizened up. Until they fix how these new contract are paid out. This will be the going rate. Eagles ain't got much choice. They're not letting him walk.
Exactly. If you project a QB to be a part of your future the contract writes itself. Maybe you can play games with how many years, when you have an out built in, how much is guaranteed but the price is the price.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very fair. The undoing of Wentz came from his injuries. There was evidence of injury history when he was at North Dakota St. and they largely looked past it. Maybe we are having a different conversation if Wentz could have been healthy.

<Knocks on wood> Hurts doesn’t come with the same injury history. However, the game he needs to play to be a special QB entails him putting himself in harms way more than the average QB.
I was a big Wentz fan in college and a Hurts fan in college. I wanted the Cowboys to draft both. As we have seen with the injuries to QB over the past few years it’s a matter of great talent and luck on the injury front. Still makes me even more in Awe of the old time QB’s who did not have the rules in favor of them. Never want to see a guy hurt no matter who they play for. Some exceptions do apply to some dirty players though

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If you project a QB to be a part of your future the contract writes itself. Maybe you can play games with how many years, when you have an out built in, how much is guaranteed but the price is the price.
unfortunately correct.
QB contracts are absurd.