• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SHOW ME THE MONEY

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he was second best last year. No sure thing to duplicate last year.

Well...the QB sneak will be duplicated if the rule doesn't change.
Remember when Wentz was second best and would have been the MVP?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he was second best last year. No sure thing to duplicate last year.

Well...the QB sneak will be duplicated if the rule doesn't change.
You're correct on the above but contract time the Eagles have to get Hurts contract done before Lamar and Burrow gets there's. Can't wait another year or else they'll be paying through the nose even with another cap increase.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct on the above but contract time the Eagles have to get Hurts contract done before Lamar and Burrow gets there's. Can't wait another year or else they'll be paying through the nose even with another cap increase.
Great point. In a few years, Mahomes is going to look like a relative bargain. Need to get in early once you’ve made your decision on who your guy is.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. In a few years, Mahomes is going to look like a relative bargain. Need to get in early once you’ve made your decision on who your guy is.
It might start looking like a bargain starting this year with what numbers are being tossed out there. At first I was like what is KC doing? Then after thinking about it more I was like that's a heck of a deal. FO deserves a pat on the back for that one.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might start looking like a bargain starting this year with what numbers are being tossed out there. At first I was like what is KC doing? Then after thinking about it more I was like that's a heck of a deal. FO deserves a pat on the back for that one.
This season he was on paper as the 4th or 5th highest QB salary and yet he was hands down the best at his position. So you can argue as @PDay8810 did that “bargain” already applies.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the 2nd best QB in the elsgue at worst, only 24 years old and the price of QB contracts will just keep going up.

Sit back and watch how a smart franchise does it. They can lock in Hurts at $50M a year and the price will go up to around $60M a year within the next 1-2 years.
He is not the 2nd best qb in the league. He is very good and had a hell of a season, but he is not the 2nd best qb. Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, are better, I would definitely put him at 5 though.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, are better, I would definitely put him at 5 though.
I will give you Mahomes and perhaps Burrow as guys who HAVE ARRIVED as the games best going forward. Every other name is no sure fire top 5 QB....IN MY NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy got you to a SB, you pay him. You would like more of a track record to pay a guy $50M/yr+ but he has the tools. This is a different case then Lamar, he seems to have a ceiling in the playoffs while having the perfect scheme around him. The only thing I see being an issue is can Philly put a SB contending team around him while paying him this kind of money. It can be done. The lack of top tier QB talent in the NFC really seems to be in Philly’s favor.
At some point we're losing the talents, leadership, and price tags that come with Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham and Lane Johnson. The timing is good for the Eagles.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you Mahomes and perhaps Burrow as guys who HAVE ARRIVED as the games best going forward. Every other name is no sure fire top 5 QB....IN MY NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION
I agree, and Hurts had a very good year. If we are basing QB rankings on last year alone, then Hurts in the top 5 makes sense. He has a lot more to prove to keep him in the top 5. When you are a QB on a team with an elite o-line, minimal injuries, and solid all around team, you are going to have success. The stars aligned for the Eagles last year and they couldn’t close. That ain’t happening again.

Mahomes is #1 and nobody else is close to him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the top 5 in salary:

View attachment 321641

Only Mahomes is worth the contract. The rest will keep their team down because you pay them that kind of coin it degrades the rest of the roster.
The Cardinals don't suck because they gave Murray too much money, they suck because they're an incompetent franchise.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals don't suck because they gave Murray too much money, they suck because they're an incompetent franchise.
As much as I hate to agree, this is accurate.

In all my years as a cardinal fan this is the first time I have seen them actually overhaul pretty much everything in one clean swoop. The Kyler Murray’s contract with the exception of the stupid study clause, was not an overpay for a guy with his talent. Thank god the genius that came up with the study clause is gone.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not the 2nd best qb in the league. He is very good and had a hell of a season, but he is not the 2nd best qb. Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, are better, I would definitely put him at 5 though.
How long will we continue to prop up Herbert when he’s never won anything at any level going back to Oregon? The Chargers lost to nearly every decent team they played this year.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see no argument for any of those others going above Hurts. The only one there is an argument for is Mahomes. Burrow is borderline but Hurts has elevated himself above him, especially after that Super Bowl performance.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Eagles, I'd off myself!
Not buying. If you’re a Patriots fan then football literally didn’t mean anything to your community before Brady and Belichek.