• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's stealing the most money in the NFL?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Robinson is one of the worst players in the NFL every year. #2 overall pick and the Rams keep bringing him out there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Robinson is one of the worst players in the NFL every year. #2 overall pick and the Rams keep bringing him out there.

Most people felt he was a G in the NFL...are they still trying him at OT?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub wasn't terrible.

Browns have fared worse I think.

Bears are right there too...

Although, Cutler's performance is probably on the same level as Schaub. Identical playoff record as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints S Jarius Bryd, needs to be on this list...$52 mil/$26G injured most of his 1st two season and the Saints actually restructured this guy locking them into more cash, maybe not the worst, but he belongs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a different one.. Zach Ertz. I would have bet money he'd put up 75/1000 this year and the last I saw of him was dropping a key TD vs the Skins. They gave him top 5 TE money cause he had like 30 catches in the last four game of 2015
Very disappointed in him. Thought he was a break out star. Nope.

Heard this on the local radio that that the hair line fracture in his ribs might still not have healed. If he gets popped the bone could break off into his lungs. My guess is this is in the back of his mind which is hurting his production on the field. If the story is true, why not bench him until he's completely healthy. When healthy Ertz is a really good TE.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny how much shit the broncos took for letting two guys walk in the offseason and here they are on this thread.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny how much shit the broncos took for letting two guys walk in the offseason and here they are on this thread.
Kind of like every DB the Seahawks have let walk.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little outside the box but the NFLPA could be the biggest thieves of the NFL. They have done terrible in negotiations for the CBA. 60 minutes just did a segment on how terrible the financial advisers they recommend to players have done. One guy figured up that they think NFLPA approved financial advisers have cost NFL players $150 million since 2002. Pretty much to get on the list of approved people all you have to do is pay a hefty fee. They do very little background check and have recommended many people who have had fraud charges brought against them and so on. They don't care because hey they get paid that nice fee that they get to divide up among them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Blake Bortles play for free?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Osweiler and it is not even close, IMO.

I don't think he'll start for them past this season. He's getting elite QB money right now to perform worse than any QB in the league, and possibly even to not perform for them at all for another three years.

Cutler's was three years (in the last year now), but at least the Bears got those three years out of him and most of the time got average to above average play.

If Romo never plays for the Cowboys again, that could be pretty bad. Not sure how that contract is structured with the guaranteed cash though. If the Cowboys unload him in a trade along with the contract, its not as bad as Osweiler. No one will take that contract if he does not SIGNIFICANTLY improve.

Osweiler's contract is only guaranteed this year and next. He may be struggling, but the team has a winning record despite losing their star defender, with the 3 losses all road games against the Patriots (albeit without Brady) and the strong defenses of Denver and Minnesota. He has played well against the bad teams (Titans, Chicago, Indy) and OK against KC, but horribly on the road against top talent.

Romo has a bigger cap hit, more dead money, and has been rendered unnecessary by Dak. Tough to find a taker via trade for a 36 year old injury-prone QB as well.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler's contract is only guaranteed this year and next. He may be struggling, but the team has a winning record despite losing their star defender, with the 3 losses all road games against the Patriots (albeit without Brady) and the strong defenses of Denver and Minnesota. He has played well against the bad teams (Titans, Chicago, Indy) and OK against KC, but horribly on the road against top talent.

Romo has a bigger cap hit, more dead money, and has been rendered unnecessary by Dak. Tough to find a taker via trade for a 36 year old injury-prone QB as well.

Do they have the Jets phone number?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 posts and someone finally said Goodell! WOW

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 posts and someone finally said Goodell! WOW

Can you say someone is stealing money, when the people paying him the money are more than happy about the job he is doing???

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you say someone is stealing money, when the people paying him the money are more than happy about the job he is doing???

owners are happy but the fans aren't.. That has to count for something

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
owners are happy but the fans aren't.. That has to count for something

It does count for something. The fact that the fans' "hatred" is directed towards Goodell rather than the owners is a perfect example of him doing his job well.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniel is a good one.

I don't know. I've really liked how he has taken on the role of mentor and helped Wentz learn Pederson's scheme. I guess if we are going to overpay for something, having a guy that can do what Pederson once did for McNabb (remember when he was considered overpaid...) is fine for me. If it costs 7 mil to make sure we get the best out of that rookie, I am ok with it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I've really liked how he has taken on the role of mentor and helped Wentz learn Pederson's scheme. I guess if we are going to overpay for something, having a guy that can do what Pederson once did for McNabb (remember when he was considered overpaid...) is fine for me. If it costs 7 mil to make sure we get the best out of that rookie, I am ok with it.

I just don't see how a $7 million contract really can be considered stealing the most when you see these guys making close to $20 million a year with some of them not even taking a snap. I actually like Chase Daniel and was kind of hoping the Broncos would bring him in to compete. I think some promises were made to him that were not quite followed through on his chances of starting in Philly though. So feel for the guy as I do think he could be a starter for a few teams in this league and do pretty well.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how a $7 million contract really can be considered stealing the most when you see these guys making close to $20 million a year with some of them not even taking a snap. I actually like Chase Daniel and was kind of hoping the Broncos would bring him in to compete. I think some promises were made to him that were not quite followed through on his chances of starting in Philly though. So feel for the guy as I do think he could be a starter for a few teams in this league and do pretty well.

Yeah, honestly it's all been hindsight too. None of the moves I disliked at the time.

When all we had was Sam Bradford, I had no issue bringing in Chase to compete as the QB of our team for that price at all.

When Wentz was available, I had no issue at all going for him even though we had 7 mil invested in Chase, and the investment on Bradford.

In hindsight when they moved for Wentz I wished they hadn't extended Bradford, but of course with the Vikings trade, I was fine with how it turned out.

More than happy how our QB situation ended up in the off-season. We are 27th in salary cap space spent on the QB position and that's not likely to change the next few years. I am good with that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always thought he was the best backup in the NFL with KC

Not sure how a guy qualifies as stealing money when he isn't given a shot to play