• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's stealing the most money in the NFL?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does count for something. The fact that the fans' "hatred" is directed towards Goodell rather than the owners is a perfect example of him doing his job well.

I wish you were not correct.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco will always have at least he had a nice 4-game playoff run. Osweiler has nothing close to that. The best he can say is "at least I learned from a legend for 4-years." But obviously that isn't even paying off yet.

"Nice" is an understatement...Flacco's 4 game run was statistically historic

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody cares. He's still an average QB.

In this league, Im taking him over a Lot of QB's......

When the Ravens defense wasn't atrocious, when their #1 receiver wasn't Kamar Aiken, when Terrance West wasn't their best option in the backfield, Flacco wasn't too bad......I think those factors do play some part in who he is now

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His employers think so. I mean...say want you want, the owners (as a whole) are not stupid business people.
Tax write off?
Sorry, there is no way Roger is worth 40 mill; actually no CEO is worth that much in annual salary, don't care how much they sell or do.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tax write off?
Sorry, there is no way Roger is worth 40 mill; actually no CEO is worth that much in annual salary, don't care how much they sell or do.

Why do you hate America?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tax write off?

The profits have to go somewhere.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The profits have to go somewhere.
Hmm, they could go to many other places, the question of thread is: "who is stealing the most?"
Where is the value in paying 'ol Roger 40 million? Just for giggles, if you compared that to a player contract, say, 5 years, it would be $200 million :eek:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, they could go to many other places, the question of thread is: "who is stealing the most?"
Where is the value in paying 'ol Roger 40 million?

I don't think anybody is stealing in the NFL. We line up to give them our money.

But to answer your question, each team is making 250 million in profits, of course the commissioner will make a huge chunk himself.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you either missed the point or must be kidding.

Well I am kidding, a bit anyway.

If you buy in to the American system, at all, you have to be okay with people who climb the corporate ladder getting huge amounts of money.

What makes my personal blood boil WAAAAAY more is incompetent CEO's who drive their company into trouble, even bankruptcy, and they get a 'golden handshake,' where they're sent off with tens of millions (sometimes more).

At least Roger is helming a hugely profitable enterprise.

At any rate, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of the value of Roger's contribution, besides those who employ him.

I've had many conversations with people who kvetch about Tom Cruise making 25 million per movie. 'What does he do to deserve that kind of money?' they argue, when teachers and cops and fire-fighters and soldiers struggle to get by!

But Cruise makes movies make bank. They could put a cheaper 'better' actor into that role, and the movie may flop. Cruise will nearly always pay off his salary at the box office.

The only people therefore who matter in deciding what cruise gets paid are the movie studios that CHOOSE to pay him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nice" is an understatement...Flacco's 4 game run was statistically historic
Good point. I have been one of Flacco's biggest critics but yeah there are players with similar contracts that don't even have at least a 4-game historic run on their resume. There are a lot worse QB's in the NFL than that of Flacco. I still think it was a huge mistake to re-work his deal like they did and pretty much keep pushing the money down the road but any more even having an average QB is quite the challenge to find.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am kidding, a bit anyway.

If you buy in to the American system, at all, you have to be okay with people who climb the corporate ladder getting huge amounts of money.

What makes my personal blood boil WAAAAAY more is incompetent CEO's who drive their company into trouble, even bankruptcy, and they get a 'golden handshake,' where they're sent off with tens of millions (sometimes more).

At least Roger is helming a hugely profitable enterprise.

At any rate, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of the value of Roger's contribution, besides those who employ him.

I've had many conversations with people who kvetch about Tom Cruise making 25 million per movie. 'What does he do to deserve that kind of money?' they argue, when teachers and cops and fire-fighters and soldiers struggle to get by!

But Cruise makes movies make bank. They could put a cheaper 'better' actor into that role, and the movie may flop. Cruise will nearly always pay off his salary at the box office.

The only people therefore who matter in deciding what cruise gets paid are the movie studios that CHOOSE to pay him.
Yep, that's pretty much how I read it. That golden parachute thing also makes my blood boil. I guess you're right though, if someone is willing to pay that much for something then there must be a market for it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone is willing to pay that much for something then there must be a market for it.

That's pretty much the definition of market.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody is stealing in the NFL. We line up to give them our money.

But to answer your question, each team is making 250 million in profits, of course the commissioner will make a huge chunk himself.
In line with this thread, "stealing" I think refers not to actual theft but to being overpaid. Honest question: Do you think the NFL commish is worth 40 million per year?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In line with this thread, "stealing" I think refers not to actual theft but to being overpaid. Honest question: Do you think the NFL commish is worth 40 million per year?

I do. If you're running the day to day of a company that's earning almost 10 billion in profit, then yeah, 40 mil sounds right. Sounds like a good deal for the owners, actually.