• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's stealing the most money in the NFL?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tax write off?
Sorry, there is no way Roger is worth 40 mill; actually no CEO is worth that much in annual salary, don't care how much they sell or do.

This is a whole different point (and one that I agree with btw).

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had many conversations with people who kvetch about Tom Cruise making 25 million per movie. 'What does he do to deserve that kind of money?' they argue, when teachers and cops and fire-fighters and soldiers struggle to get by!

But Cruise makes movies make bank. They could put a cheaper 'better' actor into that role, and the movie may flop. Cruise will nearly always pay off his salary at the box office.

The only people therefore who matter in deciding what cruise gets paid are the movie studios that CHOOSE to pay him.

This is because we are taken advantage of. Our basic human need of being entertained is being exploited. Having "family time" at a game should not have to be budgeted for months ahead of time. Taking your kids to go see a freaking 2 hr. movie should not run over $100 (when it's all said and done). I should not be paying over $200 each month just to be able to watch what I want on TV after a 10 hr. work day. It's freaking bullshit.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a whole different point (and one that I agree with btw).
Same point of view, I was just framing it with previous comments.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is because we are taken advantage of. Our basic human need of being entertained is being exploited. Having "family time" at a game should not have to be budgeted for months ahead of time. Taking your kids to go see a freaking 2 hr. movie should not run over $100 (when it's all said and done). I should not be paying over $200 each month just to be able to watch what I want on TV after a 10 hr. work day. It's freaking bullshit.

Charging what the market will bear is what our system is all about.

The lion's share of your $100 movie outlay isn't going to Cruise BTW.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy he beat this weekend is making nearly double what the Jets are paying him....

That guy that beat himself last week has 10 x the playofff wins as him and a super bowl MVP and trophy. I think that warrants double what a journeyman qb that has never won anything of significance would get . And he did it without deflating footballs , imagine that. :rolleyes2:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh? it's a market economy. I am fine without government legislation forcing prices on things like TV and the cost of a popcorn at a movie. I don't want to see someone running a nice restaurant and being told "sorry, you can't sell food at those prices, you had better find less costly ingredients and less trained staff".

If your NEEDS for entertainment are too expensive for you to afford, then find less expensive ones. Watch local college or HS games if you want to see live football. Wait 4 months for that movie to come out at Redbox. I don't think we should drop our quality of entertainment to a price point that works for you because you want the best but can't afford it. I've seen countries that make sure everyone gets the same level of entertainment. Countries that use state run TV as the only source so everything is fair. Pass.

Yeah I wish I could play golf at Pebble Beach every week. Instead I live with playing at our local golf course out here.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any player the Jags steal away from Denver and give big money too turns into a bust so I'd say all of them are thieves.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Water is a basic human need. Entertainment is a luxury.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to nominate Head Football Coach of the New York Giants, Ben Macadoo, as an employee who is stealing money. I didnt look up how much he makes, but if it's more than $12 an hour, he's got a sweet deal.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? it's a market economy. I am fine without government legislation forcing prices on things like TV and the cost of a popcorn at a movie. I don't want to see someone running a nice restaurant and being told "sorry, you can't sell food at those prices, you had better find less costly ingredients and less trained staff".

If your NEEDS for entertainment are too expensive for you to afford, then find less expensive ones. Watch local college or HS games if you want to see live football. Wait 4 months for that movie to come out at Redbox. I don't think we should drop our quality of entertainment to a price point that works for you because you want the best but can't afford it. I've seen countries that make sure everyone gets the same level of entertainment. Countries that use state run TV as the only source so everything is fair. Pass.

Yeah I wish I could play golf at Pebble Beach every week. Instead I live with playing at our local golf course out here.

It's not about whether or not someone can afford it.

I happen to consider the disparity between what a professional athlete makes and what a teacher makes (as 2 examples) to be a huge societal problem. It's cool if you don't though.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about whether or not someone can afford it.

I happen to consider the disparity between what a professional athlete makes and what a teacher makes (as 2 examples) to be a huge societal problem. It's cool if you don't though.

I really don't. I wish when I was in the military that I made more, but that's what life is. There's a very small group of people that can play football at a high enough level to make a good living. Most pro players make around 500 bucks a game. But those that make the NFL level make a huge amount because people are willing to pay to see them. I am ok with that money going to the players.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't. I wish when I was in the military that I made more, but that's what life is. There's a very small group of people that can play football at a high enough level to make a good living. Most pro players make around 500 bucks a game. But those that make the NFL level make a huge amount because people are willing to pay to see them. I am ok with that money going to the players.

I'm a little more concerned about our children being taught in large majority by people who simply can't figure out what else they want to do and decide 3 months off each year sounds great. Meanwhile our country's brightest minds take the highest paying jobs because...well...why shouldn't they. I feel like our children being taught by our brightest minds might make for a better future for this country, but what do I know.

Maybe they will start having pay per view for classrooms to help generate revenue to pay our teachers the big bucks. $20 to watch Mr. Norton teach history class :suds:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little more concerned about our children being taught in large majority by people who simply can't figure out what else they want to do and decide 3 months off each year sounds great. Meanwhile our country's brightest minds take the highest paying jobs because...well...why shouldn't they. I feel like our children being taught by our brightest minds might make for a better future for this country, but what do I know.

Maybe they will start having pay per view for classrooms to help generate revenue to pay our teachers the big bucks. $20 to watch Mr. Norton teach history class :suds:

lol.. Something tells me that wouldn't sell very well.

Our teachers make excellent wages compared to the rest of the world. I think Luxembourg is the only country that pays significantly more, which in comparison to GDP per capita isn't more. And when you look at the Asian countries that top the world in PISA tests and other methods of testing students, US teachers are paid more and work more.

To me throwing money at it isn't the issue. I think a big part is parents today expect schools to perform all of the education and have no hand in that themselves. In Japan for instance during semester breaks all students get a big pile of homework their family is supposed to help them complete. I think some teachers unions work too hard to protect the ones who shouldn't be teaching as well. Raising the salaries isn't going to change that. And I don't believe the US taxpayer supporting public high-schools can compete with the successful companies that do get the best minds. I don't see the top physics graduate passing on working on spaceships for Elon Musk and instead teaching 16 year olds because the pay is closer.