• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the NFC East?

Who will win the NFC East this season?

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the cowboys as of now. A lot can happen once the regular season hits. On another note, I am surprised that Michael Irvin picked the Eagles to win the NFC East.

Agree anything can happen. I did not see Irvin picking the Eagles, maybe he doesn't want to be labeled a homer.

I see the Eagles as a wildcard. No not saying a WC playoff team, just a team I don't know what to expect from. Chip has made this offseason interesting to say the least.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the cowboys as of now. A lot can happen once the regular season hits. On another note, I am surprised that Michael Irvin picked the Eagles to win the NFC East.
Michael Irvin is on crack.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Just because you don't agree with him?

On another note. Is La'el Collins still a headcase?
We'll find out this season.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Just because you don't agree with him?

On another note. Is La'el Collins still a headcase?

I'm jealous of this.. I really was hoping Chip gambled here. That was a great pickup by JJ. JJ needs to go back to his old ways and stop making good moves.:D

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm jealous of this.. I really was hoping Chip gambled here. That was a great pickup by JJ. JJ needs to go back to his old ways and stop making good moves.:D

You didn't want Collins. He's a headcase. That's the reason he wasn't drafted. The kid is bad news.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't want Collins. He's a headcase. That's the reason he wasn't drafted. The kid is bad news.
Puhlease!!! The guy is very talented. Perhaps JJ can put him on house arrest at his ranch and serve him the Cowgirls squad? I think he will be fine honestly.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puhlease!!! The guy is very talented. Perhaps JJ can put him on house arrest at his ranch and serve him the Cowgirls squad? I think he will be fine honestly.

I'm just picking on GNG. Before Dallas signed Collins, we were saying it would be great if Collins signed with Dallas, GNG poopoo'd the idea saying Dallas doesn't need any more head cases.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the Cowboys, but I don't feel great about it. I have to assume Chip Kelly knows what he is doing and the Giants are always a threat to come out of nowhere to contend. The Redskins will probably still be bad though.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin was backing Murray this offseason and I think he is still mad at the organization for letting him go so he picked the Eagles to win the division.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin was backing Murray this offseason and I think he is still mad at the organization for letting him go so he picked the Eagles to win the division.

You might be right.

Michael Irvin wants to be a homer. But he also knows when he’s talking to a home audience.

During an appearance on Philadelphia’s WPEN, the Cowboys Hall of Fame wide receiver declared the Eagles the favorites in the NFC East, primarily because of the relative strengths of their respective running back positions.

Philly is the favorite in the NFC East,” Irvin said, via the Dallas Morning News. “You have to be able to, and it’s a difficult thing, to separate my head from my heart. You cannot tell me and you’ can’t convince me that you can just stick anybody back there.

“And if they [the Cowboys] had drafted a Melvin Gordon, or drafted a [Todd] Gurley, then, I’d go, ‘wait a minute, wait a minute, this might be something.’ But withDarren McFadden, and he may have some great things going, but right now I would take Philly, and then Dallas in the NFC East.”

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype machine is rolling in the Cowboys favor, but I keep wondering what the Giants will bring to the table.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the Cowboys are the obvious favorites for the east, and rightfully so. The Eagles have so many question marks going into the season. Mainly health issues. However, I'm really interested in Chip's sports science program and see if it works with the guys who have an injured history? i.e. Bradford... I do think Chip is going to very well in this league.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not close to a slam dunk, but I think the smart money has to be on the Cowboys. They have the best QB and a very strong OL. I say Murray will not be worth the $$ in Philly, and Dallas will be able to replace most of his production with a committee type approach. I would go with the Giants as the best challenger.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not close to a slam dunk, but I think the smart money has to be on the Cowboys. They have the best QB and a very strong OL. I say Murray will not be worth the $$ in Philly, and Dallas will be able to replace most of his production with a committee type approach. I would go with the Giants as the best challenger.

The argument against the Cowboys is that their running game will suffer because of Murray leaving -> all will be back on Romo's shoulders, which has not been a proven recipe for success for the Cowboys. And I think there is more to that than people think.

The argument in favour of Philly is: Murray is a much better fit for the Chip-style running game than McCoy, it is unlikely the Eagles O-line will be as much of a mess as it was last year injury-wise, and Bradford is a much better QB than Sanchez and Foles, while the defensive backfield cannot be worse than it was last year.

As far as replacing Murray by a committee approach - would be interesting to see if it works; on BGN they posted how PFF and Football Outsiders rated the Eagles O-line run-blocking; one rated them IIRC #1, the other #29. The difference - the impact of McCoy losing yards on the statistics.

If - and yes, this is quite a big 'if' - Chip's sports science regimen does hold up (and results in Bradford and Murray remaining healthy), the Eagles are the favourite, with the Cowboys making it close.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument against the Cowboys is that their running game will suffer because of Murray leaving -> all will be back on Romo's shoulders, which has not been a proven recipe for success for the Cowboys. And I think there is more to that than people think.

The argument in favour of Philly is: Murray is a much better fit for the Chip-style running game than McCoy, it is unlikely the Eagles O-line will be as much of a mess as it was last year injury-wise, and Bradford is a much better QB than Sanchez and Foles, while the defensive backfield cannot be worse than it was last year.

As far as replacing Murray by a committee approach - would be interesting to see if it works; on BGN they posted how PFF and Football Outsiders rated the Eagles O-line run-blocking; one rated them IIRC #1, the other #29. The difference - the impact of McCoy losing yards on the statistics.

If - and yes, this is quite a big 'if' - Chip's sports science regimen does hold up (and results in Bradford and Murray remaining healthy), the Eagles are the favourite, with the Cowboys making it close.
I can see a path for the Eagles to be good, but determining the favorite is really not about "ifs" because you have to do it for everyone if you do it for one. Without even looking at betting odds, I'm positive Dallas is the favorite to win this division. Can things fall in place for another team and fall apart for the Cowboys? Sure. But right now Dallas looks the strongest.

Until Philly finds the right point guard to play QB for that up-tempo offense, they'll turn it over too much to be a true contender. They stumbled down the stretch last year because of that, and it remains to be seen if Bradford can be the guy. Or stay healthy.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wins the NFCE?

IDK, but it's likely no team that everyone predicts to take the division.

Haven't had a back to back winner in years.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wins the NFCE?

IDK, but it's likely no team that everyone predicts to take the division.

Haven't had a back to back winner in years.
No back to back winners in years you say, so long over due to happen.