• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the NFC Championship?

Who wins the NFC Championship?

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • New Jersey Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minnesota Vikings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

• Detroit Lions

• Seattle Seahawks

• Whoever wins the #1 seed in the NFC

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how this goes though. The Niners are the favorite flavor for the talking heads right now.
They went from underrated to slightly overrated in the span of about six weeks. I think they've always been a contender but Im a little concerned about their 'top defense' maybe not matching up well with elite pass offenses. Outside of that, sure, they're a darn good team.

Eagles, Cowboys or Niners all seem like they have a shot. Id be shocked if Brady made the Bucs a darkhorse but I wouldnt rule it out. Vikings making the SB would be like the year Larry Fitz and Kurt Warner carried the Cardinals to a SB. It could happen but it would take legendary performances

Last edited:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to forget Hurts's playoff experience, because it was awful, but he was dominated by the Bucs defense.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to forget Hurts's playoff experience, because it was awful, but he was dominated by the Bucs defense.
To be fair to Jalen, the Bucs D, when healthy and playing to their potential can make a lot of teams and QBs look bad. Even Mahomes in the SB when his OL is bad.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big injuries for Philly have been QB Jalen Hurts, RT Lane Johnson and FS/Nickel CB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.

Hurts of course has been the biggest. The RPOs have not worked nearly as well without his running threat.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson has been probably the second biggest issue, because safety has been a weak point for the Eagles, and because his injury gave Philly one less slot corner also, and they are getting abused in the slot right now. Because Philly's defensive coordinator plays very vanilla schemes, it was very easy for offenses to pick on the slot guy and both the Cowboys and Saints did it all game. Dallas wisely had Ceedee Lamb in the slot the entire Philly-Dallas game, and he went off against Josiah Scott.

The Eagles have a decent backup to Lane Johnson actually, but you are talking about a guy that has gone multiple seasons without giving up a sack in the NFL. That's not something you replace.
You forgot Maddox. That’s a big one. Gardner Johnson has the ability to play slot corner but hasn’t done so yet for the Eagles who have used him significantly as a safety.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. I looked up at reference before posting and must not have hit the tabs correctly as I didnt see a split for any playoff games.

....so I guess it is 3 QB's with bad playoff experiences with Hurts performance possibly being the worst. But hey....he always has that 4th quarter last year after Tampa let off the gas.
Man, that game is Ying and Yang for me now. That day? Horrible. Just ugly. Left you wondering if Hurts could even become a back up QB in the NFL. But now, that game is the biggest game of the Eagles 2022-23 season so far because it’s what sparked Hurts to get into the lab, hire a guy who helped his mechanics and accuracy and evolve into a player that looks like he could be a franchise level QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Jalen, the Bucs D, when healthy and playing to their potential can make a lot of teams and QBs look bad. Even Mahomes in the SB when his OL is bad.
Weirdly, it does seem like you can get to the SB with a bad oline (Mahomes, Cam, Peyton, Burrow) but when you get there you need a good OL

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Bowles was straight clowning him on national tv about how they played him convinced there were things he couldn’t do and they used it against him. Ironically, Hurts is an MVP candidate and Bowles is on the hot seat now.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Bowles was straight clowning him on national tv about how they played him convinced there were things he couldn’t do and they used it against him. Ironically, Hurts is an MVP candidate and Bowles is on the hot seat now.
Yeah, true but I've always thought Bowles is better suited as a DC than as a HC. And it was Hurts first experience so not surprised that he had some trouble. Add to that, Smith was just a rookie and you guys didn't have A.J. Brown either. Hurts has steadily improved and become an MVP type of player and kudos to him. The Eagles are a much better overall team now too. Jalen will be much better this time around. Just hope his shoulder is 100% and he doesn't get injured. He's fun to watch even if I don't like your team.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They almost lost to the Raiders with a backup QB. If the Chiefs struggle next week against the Raiders then maybe Ill hop on the Niners bandwagon a bit but Im not too convinced right now
And KC struggled against Denver.

The 9ers had little film on the guy who just might be LVs starter in 23. It's not like he was put in due to injury.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if I put the Chiefs under the same level of scrutiny as the Niners, they'd be the third best team in their conference, too, imo. Chiefs special teams and defensive depth are both atrocious and if they are forced to lean on either one it could cost them. But like the Niners, if the Chiefs are 'on' and healthy then nobody will want to play them in the playoffs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if I put the Chiefs under the same level of scrutiny as the Niners, they'd be the third best team in their conference, too, imo. Chiefs special teams and defensive depth are both atrocious and if they are forced to lean on either one it could cost them. But like the Niners, if the Chiefs are 'on' and healthy then nobody will want to play them in the playoffs.
The question was the best in the NFC, so again I said off of the recent play, I'd say the 9ers, now you're getting defensive about the Chiefs?

Thin skin I guess?

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers beat the Cowboys in the NFC championship game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC in the playoffs is gonna be interesting, hard to predict honestly … Brady and the Buccs could be a problem, Packers if they slip in have been playing good, Cowboys having a good year, Philly on top right now, 49rs and that defense, Vikings are up and down too much…

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole narrative about some of the top teams being questioned because they barely beat teams like the Broncos, Texans, Raiders or whatever is crap. Every year, we see this late in the season. Those teams that are out of it are loose and bringing guys in that are hungry and healthy off the practice squad or whatever. And the top teams, whether they admit it or not, are scoreboard watching and fighting for playoff seeding. Anybody can beat anybody in this league. Injuries to key personnel and overall health are bigger keys to making a run then whether the team covered some stupid spread. As well as winning momentum. To me, San Fran seems to be healthy and has the most momentum right now in the NFC. Other teams could grab that momentum like Dallas, Philly, etc but for now the Niners look like one tough out for anybody.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bowles is a much better coordinator than head coach.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC in the playoffs is gonna be interesting, hard to predict honestly … Brady and the Buccs could be a problem, Packers if they slip in have been playing good, Cowboys having a good year, Philly on top right now, 49rs and that defense, Vikings are up and down too much…

Can the Bucs beat the Cowboys with a healthy Dak? Could be interesting, but I think that Bucs O-line would have a tough time.

I would've put my chips with the Niners before they had trouble with the Raiders. That threw some doubt into the mix...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 9ers had little film on the guy who just might be LVs starter in 23. It's not like he was put in due to injury.

If he's LVs starter in '23, it's as a bridge. If not a bridge, expect another coaching change.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Bucs beat the Cowboys with a healthy Dak? Could be interesting, but I think that Bucs O-line would have a tough time.

I would've put my chips with the Niners before they had trouble with the Raiders. That threw some doubt into the mix...
Dallas is screwed either way. They can't beat Brady or Rodgers.