• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want As The Steelers Next QB?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article on the Trib - I thought it was satire, as in him making fun of everyone for all the outlandish predictions of signing Rodgers, Wilson, etc. Did I misread it, maybe?
Yeah, I took it that way also but it is Mark trying to be funny but is his typical pompous ass.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I took it that way also but it is Mark trying to be funny but is his typical pompous ass.
Yeah, you're totally right, he's not funny in the least and is pretty fucking annoying.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I roll my eyes at these fake sources. Anyway if there is any validity then the Steelers could lowball them.

And not sure what roster they are looking at as “Strong”.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure it’s Watson’s agent that is leaking the info but I’ve seen a ton of sources saying Watson only wants to be traded to the Steelers but the Steelers so far aren’t interested.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that may draft QB & draft position:

2. Lions
3. Texans (Watson situation)

6. Panthers (hellbent on Watson)

8. Falcons (Matt Ryan rumors, 2 yrs remaining)
9. Seahawks (Very interested in Willis)

12. Vikings (Cousins status?)

18. Saints
Could probably take the Vikes off the list now that Cousins was extended 1 yr. Still 5-6 legitimate teams looking for QBs in this year's draft (prior to FA). Very doubtful that Pickett or Willis falls.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that the Steelers have signed Mitch Trubisky that pretty much puts them out of the running for Deshaun Watson

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that the Steelers have signed Mitch Trubisky that pretty much puts them out of the running for Deshaun Watson
Honestly with the asking price I doubt the Steelers were ever in the running. They don't tend to trade away a lot of top picks like that.

Also, they have way too many other holes to fill and need those picks anyway.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly with the asking price I doubt the Steelers were ever in the running. They don't tend to trade away a lot of top picks like that.

Also, they have way too many other holes to fill and need those picks anyway.
Honestly, I would happily trade them. I think there is too much made of draft picks at times. If you are getting PROVEN talent in return. Watson has baggage. But hes YOUNG, and awesome. 3 firsts doesnt scare me for a top qb you can have for a decade.

Honestly we traded minkah for a first(albeit 1-first), good trade right?
We got Najee, but did that make a lick of a difference last year? nope, not a position that changes the game without surrounding pieces.
Devin Bush-Injuries, but TBD and as of now largely a waste of picks
Terrell Edmunds-Would be upset about losing a first on Edmonds?
Watt-Not saying a word here.
Artie Burns-oof
Bud Dupree-1 good year
Shazier-This is a hit, obv freak accident
Jarvis Jones-eek
David Decastro-Stud

So going back a decade-I personally say Jones, Dupree, Burns, Edmunds, Bush were a waste so thats 50% of our firsts. Decastro, Watt Shazier are hits. Najee TBD. One traded away that was a successful trade.

So at worst 50% of our last 10 first have been not worthy. If we trade 3 first, are we assuming we get 3 studs? 1 stud and 2 starters? I would think 1 "good" player, 1 adequate player, 1 miss would be the likely scenario. Franchise QB, yep, give them to me for that.

I am not attacking, and realize this is just my opinion. But I hear that from fans of all teams. Like 95% of the teams weren't winning with those picks anyways, so take the stud. I do agree we are no where close to competing. Its what they texans also want beyond those three picks. But I don't think its that crazy.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I would happily trade them. I think there is too much made of draft picks at times. If you are getting PROVEN talent in return. Watson has baggage. But hes YOUNG, and awesome. 3 firsts doesnt scare me for a top qb you can have for a decade.

We got Najee, but did that make a lick of a difference last year? nope, not a position that changes the game without surrounding pieces.
Artie Burns-oof
Bud Dupree-1 good year
Jarvis Jones-eek
David Decastro-Stud

So going back a decade-I personally say Jones, Dupree, Burns, Edmunds, Bush were a waste so thats 50% of our firsts. Decastro, Watt Shazier are hits. Najee TBD. One traded away that was a successful trade.

So at worst 50% of our last 10 first have been not worthy. If we trade 3 first, are we assuming we get 3 studs? 1 stud and 2 starters? I would think 1 "good" player, 1 adequate player, 1 miss would be the likely scenario. Franchise QB, yep, give them to me for that.

I am not attacking, and realize this is just my opinion. But I hear that from fans of all teams. Like 95% of the teams weren't winning with those picks anyways, so take the stud. I do agree we are no where close to competing. Its what they texans also want beyond those three picks. But I don't think its that crazy.
I agree. When it comes to a proven Franchise Quarterback, you give up what you need to get him.

I'd give up 3 or more 1sts Throw 5 at em! for Herbert, Allen, Burrow or Mahomes.

But Rodgers isn't worth it for the investment, since he wouldn't be around much longer. And Deshaun isn't worth it since he's a sex offender and likely won't be suiting up for any team any time soon.

The ones who are worth it, are never available.

Reactions: DJ

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. When it comes to a proven Franchise Quarterback, you give up what you need to get him.

I'd give up 3 or more 1sts Throw 5 at em! for Herbert, Allen, Burrow or Mahomes.

But Rodgers isn't worth it for the investment, since he wouldn't be around much longer. And Deshaun isn't worth it since he's a sex offender and likely won't be suiting up for any team any time soon.

The ones who are worth it, are never available.
i guess thats the thing. If watson is sitting 6 games or less. is it worth it? Really think about Watsons age, and his body of work pre issues.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Artie Burns-oof
Bud Dupree-1 good year
Jarvis Jones-eek
David Decastro-Stud

Yeah I get picks are crap shoots and you should go after the elite QB when given the chance.
I just don't see the Steelers ever doing that unless it is in the draft.

Also, the baggage with Watson probably was a turn-off after dealing with it prior with Big Ben.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess thats the thing. If watson is sitting 6 games or less. is it worth it? Really think about Watsons age, and his body of work pre issues.
Ben got 6 games (reduced to 4) for one accusation.
Jameis Winston got 3 games for sexually touching his uber driver
Quincy Enunwa got 4 games for sexual assault

Those were all based on 1 person victimized

Having 22 women, I can't imagine getting less than a year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought the Steelers had no issue with Ben and Vick on their roster at the same time.

But I guess the reservations with Watson is not knowing how long he will be suspended for (or if at all). I wonder if teams are trying to make any of the picks conditional?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that Watson was ever coming here regardless. They might be willing to invest in a QB that has baggage but I don't think they want the face of their franchise to have the same baggage as the previous one. At that point they would just be the punchline of endless jokes.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben got 6 games (reduced to 4) for one accusation.
Jameis Winston got 3 games for sexually touching his uber driver
Quincy Enunwa got 4 games for sexual assault

Those were all based on 1 person victimized

Having 22 women, I can't imagine getting less than a year.
I would think that these teams "know" something. If teams are actively pursuing, and reportedly offering what the asking price is. They know something regarding suspensions, I would hope.