• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want As The Steelers Next QB?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While everyone is geeking out over Malik throwing at his pro-day.

Remember.....

Remember.....

Kyle Boller throwing from his knee.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no Baker Mayfield.......

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we got the Tittie kisser and now the hot rumor is Baker Mayfield :L and all signs point to them trading up for Malik Willis.
Geez what went from a pretty good offseason is turning into a buzz kill in short order.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we got the Tittie kisser and now the hot rumor is Baker Mayfield :L and all signs point to them trading up for Malik Willis.
Geez what went from a pretty good offseason is turning into a buzz kill in short order.
Lol it never ends... Tomlin isn't hiding his love for Willis. Much like Harris last year he is putting all his eggs in that basket. I fear he may be willing to mortgage his current & future draft capital to get him. If he falls outside of the top 10, then I could stomach it... But if he wants to jump into the top 5 then I may throw up.

Baker... Not big on that thought, even though I think he could compete with Mitch. Problem is they are just too similar so it could make the decision a headache. I've always liked Baker's competitiveness, and he's very much like Ben in his leadership style. He leads by example & will hold people accountable, but doesn't hold anything back and has thrown teammates under the bus when being "candid". Nothing wrong with that IMO, but of course the media will use it against him to paint him as the bad guy. I don't know enough about Mitch to know what sort of lockerroom guy he is, but the potential as far as talent is concerned is pretty equal.

I do have to admit though.. .that there is a certain level of satisfaction I get when thinking about the Browns fans' outrage if Baker went to Pittsburgh. Much like the thought I get when thinking about Jarvis Landry.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with not turning over the Baker rock.

We have TK, we have the other guys. Maybe draft another guy this year or next. But no need to pull in another reclamation project.

I'd be interested in Jarvis Landry though, if they could afford him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm higher on Landry than most, I think... Not just because he's a great receiver/athlete, but he's a glue guy that could really bring out the best in DJ & Claypool. They haven't had that sort of lockerroom presence since Heyward-Bey or Cotchery... Those type of guys really benefit the unit as a whole. Landry brings the added benefit that he could seamlessly transition into the offense given they don't have a slot receiver right now. He thrives on doing the dirty work underneath and inside the hashes, which would help unlock the outside. Being on the upper end of the age bracket I think he could be signed for around $8-10m per. Which is a bargain these days. Maybe he'd even take an incentivized deal that could put his base much lower, and he'd be a lock to break those incentives if he's the only slot guy.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing more to add outside I would be all for Jarvis Landry coming to Pittsburgh.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Steelers want to draft a QB this year. The question is will they trade up to do it. If they get their guy this year pubes makes more sense. Really wish they would find a way to draft Jordan Davis and wait on a QB tho….

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REEEAAAALY don't like this QB class. And I think Tomlin is locked on to taking one in the first. I kinda see them like this:

Pickett / Corral - Fringe first round
Willis - Second round
Howell / Ridder - Third round

Taking any of these guys earlier gives me gas pains.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REEEAAAALY don't like this QB class. And I think Tomlin is locked on to taking one in the first. I kinda see them like this:

Pickett / Corral - Fringe first round
Willis - Second round
Howell / Ridder - Third round

Taking any of these guys earlier gives me gas pains.
I'm hoping that Willis in particular gives some other HC/GM as much wood as he gives Tomlin, but he's just been more able to control his obvious emotions, and ends up taking Willis in the top 5-10 which will save us.

Then if Jordan Davis is available into the late teens, maybe they pull the trigger there instead.

If they want to take a QB with their 2nd rounder then, I will consider that a win.

Much better than trading up for a QB that doesn't even deserve to be taken at 20.

I'll always be a Steelers fan, but I can't see myself being happy about Willis. Better than trading a shitton of picks and a fully guaranteed contract for a guy who jerks off on masseuses. So we got that going for us.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that Willis in particular gives some other HC/GM as much wood as he gives Tomlin, but he's just been more able to control his obvious emotions, and ends up taking Willis in the top 5-10 which will save us.

Then if Jordan Davis is available into the late teens, maybe they pull the trigger there instead.

If they want to take a QB with their 2nd rounder then, I will consider that a win.

Much better than trading up for a QB that doesn't even deserve to be taken at 20.

I'll always be a Steelers fan, but I can't see myself being happy about Willis. Better than trading a shitton of picks and a fully guaranteed contract for a guy who jerks off on masseuses. So we got that going for us.
I'm seriously worried about them trading up into the top 10. Even as high as the Giants. Would probably cost them their first this year and next and maybe their second this year? Ugh...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seriously worried about them trading up into the top 10. Even as high as the Giants. Would probably cost them their first this year and next and maybe their second this year? Ugh...
Very much agree. Like I said in an earlier post… I may throw up.

I may just skip watching the 1st round due to the anxiety it is going to cause

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While everyone is geeking out over Malik throwing at his pro-day.

Remember.....

Remember.....

Kyle Boller throwing from his knee.

Amazing throw in his shorts, dodging the rush and throwing to a guy not covered.......

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much agree. Like I said in an earlier post… I may throw up.

I may just skip watching the 1st round due to the anxiety it is going to cause
I gots a bad feeling that we're going to see either a trade up to get a guy or a reach to get a guy. Feels like these guys are locked in.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gots a bad feeling that we're going to see either a trade up to get a guy or a reach to get a guy. Feels like these guys are locked in.
Only two guys I would want to trade up for. Kyle Hamilton, or Jordan Davis.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we werent gonna give up a bunch of picks for a qb, we would have to for a non qb
I wouldn't trade up very high. Maybe up to 14.

Hamilton almost certainly gets picked long before 14, but if he makes it that far, I'd think about it.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamala Harris.

Imagine the fun when the protection breaks down and she gets clobbered by huge lineman.

And she's the perfect player to take a knee or two at the end of the game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office