• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the hell is a Seahawk?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the kid eating blue cake was posted a week ago, it was slightly amusing, but not so much the second time around.

You are probably right. Seattle fans are not amused after the first time I posted it.

But the rest of us still find it absolutely hilarious.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always under the impression that a Seattle Seahawk was an historical nod to the Suquamish tribe of the pacific northwest...being as they were led at one point by Chief Seattle...and it's a mythological bird always displayed at the top of their totem pole for worship and to ward off evil.

But then again.....who knows why not one seahawks fan could explain this.

Good stuff. Unfortunately the name for the team does not have such a poetic or historical story behind it.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS -
The nickname Seahawks was the result of a fan contest that drew 20,365 entries and suggested 1,742 different names. Seahawks was suggested by 151 entrants and judged by the team ownership as the best choice.

- See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/history/nicknames.aspx#sthash.JJ8pyvPL.dpuf

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always under the impression that a Seattle Seahawk was an historical nod to the Suquamish tribe of the pacific northwest...being as they were led at one point by Chief Seattle...and it's a mythological bird always displayed at the top of their totem pole for worship and to ward off evil.
But then again.....who knows why not one seahawks fan could explain this.

45517553.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the guy asking what the heck is a Bronco and asking if it is a mythical creature the answer is NO! It is a type of horse or category of horse depending how you want to look at it. Usually it is associated with a wild horse or at least an untrained horse at the time. Hence where you get the term "bucking bronco" as usually it is a horse that when someone tries to ride works to buck them off. Now I know you big city folk up there in the Northwest don't get many chances to see things like this but in the Midwest these are pretty common.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loudest fan base in the world is just one thing.

Dang, you stepped right into that one.

You have a loud stadium. Don't think the fans are any louder than Denver, KC, ect.

What's another thing?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bronco has the ability of sucking it's own shlong in mid -gallop...a feat I wish I could do!