• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL's Head off Officiating in NY assess a 15 yard penalty miss on the field. How is that legal?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Chiefs/ Cowboys yesterday a Chiefs player was flagged for taunting. During the reply, it was clear that the Refs missed a facemask by the Cowboys ..they only saw the taunting. The head of the officiating crew in NY called the Refs ** in Kanas city ** and told them to give the Cowboys a 15 yard penalty for the face mask.

There is no replay whatsoever in the NFL for missed penalties.

Mike Pereira himself said that NY cannot asses a penalty that was missed on the field ...he said that just moments before NY actually did it.

And yet, I have not seen a single story that this even happened. ...What the hell.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Chiefs/ Cowboys yesterday a Chiefs player was flagged for taunting. During the reply, it was clear that the Refs missed a facemask by the Cowboys ..they only saw the taunting. The head of the officiating crew in NY called the Refs ** in Kanas city ** and told them to give the Cowboys a 15 yard penalty for the face mask.

Mike Pereira himself said that NY cannot asses a penalty that was missed on the field ...he said that just moments before NY actually did it.

And yet, I have not seen a single story that this even happened. ...What the hell.

Do you know who the head of officiating is? Pretty funny seeing how he’s never even refd an nfl game. Perry Fewl

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pereira and the announcers made an assumption. I don't think it came from NY. I do, however, suspect that one of the officials on the field saw it but not well enough to call the penalty and then he/she peeked at the replay in the stadium, realized that they should have thrown the flag and went back and called it which is of course just as wrong. It would be interesting to hear the explanation.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pereira and the announcers made an assumption. I don't think it came from NY. I do, however, suspect that one of the officials on the field saw it but not well enough to call the penalty and then he/she peeked at the replay in the stadium, realized that they should have thrown the flag and went back and called it which is of course just as wrong. It would be interesting to hear the explanation.
still not legal

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seriously happened? WTF? Does it shock me... No, not really but that's totally BS!

Is this the play where Mahome's was bitching about a "non call"... I saw a replay that looked like he was, wondering if that was the call you are referring too

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully, this feels like a very weird call to complain about given the facemark was... very clearly a thing.

I don't really care if refs look at a video board, discuss it, and correct a super obvious call. Refs were shit in that game, but there were much worse calls.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully, this feels like a very weird call to complain about given the facemark was... very clearly a thing.

I don't really care if refs look at a video board, discuss it, and correct a super obvious call. Refs were shit in that game, but there were much worse calls.

The NY Officiating office basically throwing a 15 yard penalty flag across half the country to Kansas City is unprecedented.
Penalties can only be called on the field and only when it's witnessed live.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs continue to get worse and worse and as we saw in this game, they don't even know the rules anymore. They will never fine the refs for bad calls but they should. Honestly, they just need to go to fucking robots at this point. It's bad.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NY Officiating office basically throwing a 15 yard penalty flag across half the country to Kansas City is unprecedented.
Penalties can only be called on the field and only when it's witnessed live.

A ref probably did see it, but more out of the corner of their eye, and then saw it on the video board. That has happened basically forever. It was also the correct call on top of it.

Who says New York had anything to do with it? The Ward non-hold/PI was much worse.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs continue to get worse and worse and as we saw in this game, they don't even know the rules anymore. They will never fine the refs for bad calls but they should. Honestly, they just need to go to fucking robots at this point. It's bad.
When all the rules are subjective, there objectively are no rules.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ref probably did see it, but more out of the corner of their eye, and then saw it on the video board. That has happened basically forever. It was also the correct call on top of it.

Who says New York had anything to do with it? The Ward non-hold/PI was much worse.

Show me one example of a ref looking a video board and throwing the flag 2 minutes after the play happened.
It should be easy to find ....the fans would have started a riot that day.

The NFL tried to start reviewing pass interference penalties only ...and even that failed.
Which is proof that what happened yesterday is not allowed.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one example of a ref looking a video board and throwing the flag 2 minutes after the play happened.
It should be easy to find ....the fans would have started a riot that day.

The NFL tried to start reviewing pass interference penalties only ...and even that failed.
Which is proof that what happened yesterday is not allowed.

Lol, shifting the burden of proof on me when the only evidence being from NY is some assumptions as if "after discussion, there was a foul/no foul" doesn't happen just about every week. One is way more likely than the other.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both plays in this article are not the play in question.

There was a 2nd taunting call in this game ..that is the one related to the the play in question.

Missed game as I was driving home from CT so I wish I knew.. I just saw this article and thought it was interesting... Figures the league is giving calls to Mahomes

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, that’s crazy

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine being mad refs eventually called a facemask here. Also the video very clearly shows a ref right there. Idk what to tell you if you think NY buzzed this one in.

Last edited:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:rip: Mike Pereira