• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL's Head off Officiating in NY assess a 15 yard penalty miss on the field. How is that legal?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. I think the Cowboys fans probably have more of a complaint on a missed PI call than this. But this did seem weird on the field.

Its as if the NFL acknowledged for a brief moment that taunting is the dumbest penalty in sports.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first order of business is for the NFL to knock off prioritizing the taunting calls. These refs are so locked in on them and don't seem to understand the emotion of the game and the line gers blurred. Maybe without the taunting BS, they don't miss the other calls.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine being mad refs eventually called a facemask here. Also the video very clearly shows a ref right there. Idk what to tell you if you think NY buzzed this one in.
The fact that they got the call right is irrelevant. I'm not sure why that is even being mentioned. I'd still like to hear the explanation on exactly how/why they changed the call. If it was in a close game it could have been a huge controversy.

To me it's no big deal because there was no way the Cowboys were winning that game with or without 15 yards there, so even live I was surprised as a football fan, but didn't care much about it from a Cowboy perspective. I was more thinking about what a jackass the Chief's player looked like during and more so after the play, including on the sideline. Like I said before, I suspect the ref peeked up at the replay which is a huge no-no for officials and why most of them won't even look up unless something is being reviewed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first order of business is for the NFL to knock off prioritizing the taunting calls. These refs are so locked in on them and don't seem to understand the emotion of the game and the line gers blurred. Maybe without the taunting BS, they don't miss the other calls.
I like the "idea" of calling the taunting penalties because a lot of these guys deserve them. But, I hate how they enforcing the calls. They are just calling way too many of them.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the "idea" of calling the taunting penalties because a lot of these guys deserve them. But, I hate how they enforcing the calls. They are just calling way too many of them.
Yeah, me too. I don't want to see blatant lack of sportsmanship but some of the calls have been absolute horse shit and are taking some of the emotion out of the game. It seems the officials are told to call anything borderline without taking into consideration any of the context or intent.