• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you making for the Super Bowl?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What dips or meals are you making for the big game?

Personally, I'm taking a large brick of Velvetta, cutting it into cubes so it melts faster and more evenly, then adding a half a pound of ground meat (browned of course) and a small jar of Pace picante sauce (extra mild) and throwing all that into a crock pot just a few hours ahead of game time.

Serve with those corn chips that you can scoop the dip with.

Yummers!

*PS, I put this in the NFL forum since it's Super Bowl related. If I got this in the wrong forum, I apologize and the mods can move it

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tacos stuffed with steak, Burgers, Jalapeno Poppers, homemade salsa and chips and whatever else the old lady comes up with....maybe tamales. All hopefully spiked with Tylenol and Dramamine for the hangover the next day.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious. I started this very same discussion on the Broncos forum. I'm doing stuffed jalapenos:

I start by cutting the stem off the peppers and then cutting them in half lengthwise. Then hollow out the membrane that holds the seeds in place. This is an easy but time consuming process.

Next make the filling. I don't use a precise measuring system, I just sort of know it off the top of my head. How much you make will depend on how many peppers you have and how large or small they are. Let's assume you have 15-20 peppers averaging 2 1/2 inches long.

Take a can of shredded chicken breast (or chunks - you can mash them with a fork). Add a block of cream cheese, (maybe a little more, again, depending on quantity and size of your peppers). Mix in a healthy amount of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, then sprinkle a light dusting of garlic powder on top. Stir until the mixture is even throughout.

Use a fork or spoon to fill the peppers. Once this is complete, add a strip of bacon to the top, gently pressing it in so the filling holds it in place. I usually cut one bacon strip into 3 or four pieces, depending on the length of the peppers. Some people wrap them, but that only works if you are using an oven. I use my smoker, so wrapping will get you burnt bacon on the bottom.

Once the bacon has been added, it's time to throw your peppers on the smoker. I have a grill/smoker and I arrange my coals in the middle, with the peppers to the left and right. Don't put the peppers directly over the coals because they will burn. I like to add wet applewood chips, which gives awesome smokey flavor.

Now most of you know what bacon looks like when it's done. On my smoker it usually takes 30-45 minutes to cook the bacon, but your mileage will vary based on the type of grill you have and how you arrange the coals. Once you pull these from the smoker, it's a good idea to let them sit for a couple minutes, otherwise the filling might run and make a big mess.

Jalapenos are a moderately hot pepper, but once you remove the membrane and seeds, you've taken about 90% of the heat out. You'll still get a bit of a kick from these, but it's not intolerable, even for a light weight.

Serve these at your Super Bowl party and your friends may remember them even more than the game!

Attachments

• photo-22.JPG
    photo-22.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 152

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever since 1979...I've gone to a bakery and just had them make a cake with the roman numerals and team names in end zones. Buttercream icing, not the cheap sugar icing lol

cake2c.jpg

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game ends up being really close there's a good chance I'll be making stool in my trousers.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game ends up being really close there's a good chance I'll be making stool in my trousers.

Either its late or the buzz I have going. But I have no idea why that made me laugh as hard as it did. :L

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I don't plan on making anything because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be too anxious and hyped to eat anything.

Plus we're having a ton of people at our party and it's hard enough making enough for 10 people, let alone 30. Screw that noise.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Filipino side of my family are preparing a traditional massive Filipino feast for the Super Bowl. I absolutely love Lumpia, Filipino BBQ chicken and there will be plenty of snacks and of course the huge pig and desserts galore. My contribution will be 2 kegs of Dos Equis since we're expecting about 45-50 family and friends over for the game. Always a blast every year.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Filipino side of my family are preparing a traditional massive Filipino feast for the Super Bowl. I absolutely love Lumpia, Filipino BBQ chicken and there will be plenty of snacks and of course the huge pig and desserts galore. My contribution will be 2 kegs of Dos Equis since we're expecting about 45-50 family and friends over for the game. Always a blast every year.

Hold the Balut, please.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to get as cut as possible for my next photoshoot so pretty much the regulars, ie chicken, rice and a veggie for dinner.

I will probably have something special like a beer and maybe even some chips and salsa because it IS the Superbowl after all.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Instead of San Miguel?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What dips or meals are you making for the big game?

Personally, I'm taking a large brick of Velvetta, cutting it into cubes so it melts faster and more evenly, then adding a half a pound of ground meat (browned of course) and a small jar of Pace picante sauce (extra mild) and throwing all that into a crock pot just a few hours ahead of game time.

Serve with those corn chips that you can scoop the dip with.

Yummers!

*PS, I put this in the NFL forum since it's Super Bowl related. If I got this in the wrong forum, I apologize and the mods can move it

I would give you two thumbs up on that one lady ( if I could) that is the favorite in my household and will be in the crock pot on Sunday....:suds:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoked brisket and some good IPA's.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are this year taking some of the duck that we shot cutting a nice pocket in the middle of the breast to put a jalapeno that is filled with an assortment of cheeses then wrapping the whole thing in bacon and throwing it on the grill.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are this year taking some of the duck that we shot cutting a nice pocket in the middle of the breast to put a jalapeno that is filled with an assortment of cheeses then wrapping the whole thing in bacon and throwing it on the grill.

What time will dinner be served?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Link to home site" please, think I can make the morning train ride to the Seattle area via Portland before gametime.
:suds::yahoo::clap:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gained 3 lbs just reading this thread.