• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will you put an * on this season? If not what will it take for you to?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that not having fans in the stands severely lessens the home field advantage but would you really think less of the team who won by denoting them with an asterisk? The visiting team had zero to do with that decision.
Fans are great, that’s what we are. But low capacity of fans in the stands would rank low in * factor! Teams need to win with or without fans cheering in the stands. If not, we’re all Fkd.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are great, that’s what we are. But low capacity of fans in the stands would rank low in * factor!

Ive attended a lot of live NFL games. Crowd noise is a huge factor and a big part of home field advantage but it’s not enough to put an asterisk on a season

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that not having fans in the stands severely lessens the home field advantage but would you really think less of the team who won by denoting them with an asterisk? The visiting team had zero to do with that decision.

Neither does the home team though. Mayors of some cities with teams in them have already said no fans allowed at football games this year.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive attended a lot of live NFL games. Crowd noise is a huge factor and a big part of home field advantage but it’s not enough to put an asterisk on a season

Let's say the Seahawks aren't allowed to have fans at home but the Saints are allowed to have some. Two teams with historically effective home field advantages due to the fans. Two teams that will be battling for that #1 seed. I think that proofs to be an unfair advantage that the Saints then are able to maintain some level of that advantage while the Seahawks completely lose that element of crowd noise to harass opposing offenses trying to make calls at the line.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's obvious. A road team having to face absolutely no noise pollution when in huddle and at the line of scrimmage on offense is going to remove almost all of the home field advantage in a game. Compared to teams that will be allowed to have fans in attendance.

It always amazes me that people who use assumptions to form an opinion think the answer to a hypothesis is obvious.

It is your opinion so I should agree?

Why play the game if the outcome is always obvious?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Seahawks aren't allowed to have fans at home but the Saints are allowed to have some. Two teams with historically effective home field advantages due to the fans. Two teams that will be battling for that #1 seed. I think that proofs to be an unfair advantage that the Saints then are able to maintain some level of that advantage while the Seahawks completely lose that element of crowd noise to harass opposing offenses trying to make calls at the line.

what’s “unfair” about it. I agree it’s an advantage but you’ve failed to say why it’s “unfair”.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither does the home team though. Mayors of some cities with teams in them have already said no fans allowed at football games this year.
The point is that having no fans in the stands does not compute with wins or losses. The team that plays better without a cheering crowd wins. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always amazes me that people who use assumptions to form an opinion think the answer to a hypothesis is obvious.

It is your opinion so I should agree?

Why play the game if the outcome is always obvious?

Where am I saying it is determining outcomes? It's a factor that is created that can play a role in a game.

If any team in the league isn't allowed to have fans then the NFL shouldn't allow any other team in the league to have fans.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what’s “unfair” about it. I agree it’s an advantage but you’ve failed to say why it’s “unfair”.

It's unfair because not every team has the equality of opportunity to have fans at their games. Certain teams are barred to be able to due to their city's rulings.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they are allowed to be in the stands. I havent heard any of these places say they would be a full capacity.

25% or 50% stadium filled isnt gonna have that noise factor you are so worried about.

Even so.
The Noise factor is already advantage to some teams & not others without covid.

Should every team fans be forced to be quiet since the Chargers dont have any fans in their stands?
No. It is what it is.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfair because not every team has the equality of opportunity to have fans at their games. Certain teams are barred to be able to due to their city's rulings.
This is just stupid

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where am I saying it is determining outcomes? It's a factor that is created that can play a role in a game.

If any team in the league isn't allowed to have fans then the NFL shouldn't allow any other team in the league to have fans.

So the NFL, who is making less money than projected this year, dhould voluntarily make even less to satisfy some idiot Philly fan? Do you understand business? I bet 95 percent of Philly trash collectors can understand this.....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NFL, who is making less money than projected this year, dhould voluntarily make even less to satisfy some idiot Philly fan? Do you understand business? I bet 95 percent of Philly trash collectors can understand this.....

Not just Philadelphia. Sounds like Jets and Giants as well. I'm sure some other cities will follow as well so yeah it puts some teams at a disadvantage.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Vikings fan, who the fuck cares?!?!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Zimmer: No uniform rule on fans creates competitive disadvantage - ProFootballTalk

Zimmer said Friday that “it looks like we’re not going to have any fans in there early” and said that “really stinks” because of how involved the team’s fans get during games. Crowd sizes in Minnesota are limited to 250 people at the moment and Zimmer said it didn’t make sense to open the building to that number of people.

Other places have less stringent rules governing crowd sizes and Zimmer took issue with the lack of uniformity when it comes to having people in the stands for games.

“I think there are some unfair things going on around it as far as some teams can have fans and some teams can’t,” Zimmer said, via Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “So I think there is a competitive disadvantage in some of those areas.”

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If the season is less than 16 I'd consider an asterisk but other than that not really.

I get the crowd noise argument but honestly if the difference between you winning or losing is the crowd noise you really didn't have much business to win anyways.

And every year there are other things that are unfair anyways. 10am start times for west coast teams that play on the east coast happen all the time and that's a competitive advantage for a team on the east coast. The inverse is true as well for east coast teams that play prime time games on the west coast is an advantage to the west coast team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fans, no preseason and pandemic going on is making for a unique year in sports we hopefully don't see again. UT it remains still a very unique season.

As is if the season just plays out with no preseason and no fans do you put any * on stats and team accomplishments or failures and whoever wins the Super Bowl?

I don't think I do yet but if they have to cancel and push back chunks of the season then I probably do.

I look at like this....

Yeah no fans but are they changing some rules or allow cheating?

If not then no * needed.

There still playing the same sport that they did when they first started.

Hockey is still hockey
Baseball is still Baseball
Basketball is still Basketball
Football is still Football

There just happens to be limited seating available.