• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, which is why I picked the Lakers in 7. The more areas of attack you have as a team, the harder you are to defend. I just think overall the Nuggets present more facets to an offense than the Blazers or Rockets did, which is what could make this a competitive series.

I agree. I expect a tougher series than the first 2 as well. I don't think Jokic can do enough to actually win the series, but he can definitely make it tougher.

Even if the Lakers somehow win in 5 again, I don't think the games will be blowouts.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which could be attributed to the Lakers defense.

A lot of those shots looked wide open, though. Make or miss league.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of those shots looked wide open, though. Make or miss league.
The plan was to leave RW open but as far as the others.
Tucker shot 38%...not too shabby. You could tell though guarding AD was wearing him down, he would sometimes guard Lebron too.
Gordon shot 42%
Rivers shot 36%
RoCo shot 50%

They shot 37% as a team, I would say as a team that is pretty good. RW shot awful from 3 and that’s why CP3 was a better fit for this system.

But that’s the thing about playing small balls and attempting so many 3’s. Still difficult to be very consistent even for the W’s in some series. Plus getting further and further in the series the Lakers were contesting the shots better and better imo. But it’s bc Houston is so one-dimensional. Denver isn’t...they can attack and beat you in more ways. I said 6...but I think there will be a lot of close games in this series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will be the Lakers biggest challenge.

They have the best Center in basketball and Murray who's been playing like a top 10ish player in these playoffs then they have a few solid role players who are decent defenders as well. This is the first time the Lakers may be challenge and not able to get whatever they want on offense

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Will Barton? Is he playing this series?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plan was to leave RW open but as far as the others.
Tucker shot 38%...not too shabby. You could tell though guarding AD was wearing him down, he would sometimes guard Lebron too.
Gordon shot 42%
Rivers shot 36%
RoCo shot 50%

They shot 37% as a team, I would say as a team that is pretty good. RW shot awful from 3 and that’s why CP3 was a better fit for this system.

But that’s the thing about playing small balls and attempting so many 3’s. Still difficult to be very consistent even for the W’s in some series. Plus getting further and further in the series the Lakers were contesting the shots better and better imo. But it’s bc Houston is so one-dimensional. Denver isn’t...they can attack and beat you in more ways. I said 6...but I think there will be a lot of close games in this series.

Honestly, the biggest problem with Houston is that they are too predictable offensively.

You know what Harden is going to do.

Everyone else, you close hard at the 3 point line and protect the rim with help defenders. You can leave a role player wide ass open from 12 feet and they won’t shoot it.

I believe in analytics more than most. But you have to have tendency breakers to keep the defense honest.

If they can’t at least take enough mid range shots to establish that they are a threat from that position, it is too easy on the defense. There are large areas of the court the opposing D doesn’t really have to defend.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will be the Lakers biggest challenge.

They have the best Center in basketball and Murray who's been playing like a top 10ish player in these playoffs then they have a few solid role players who are decent defenders as well. This is the first time the Lakers may be challenge and not able to get whatever they want on offense

With the way Murray and Jokic are playing, I agree but this is the best matchup for the Lakers so far in the playoffs.

The Lakers have 3 bigs to throw at Jokic.
The Nugs have nobody to matchup with Lebron.
The Lakers can limit the pick-n-roll unlike the Clippers who had no defense for it.

The Nuggets better stay hot from outside.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing is the Clippers never really attacked Jokic...he was never in foul trouble. You get Jokic a couple early fouls that completely changes this team. The Lakers will attack more than the Clippers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing is the Clippers never really attacked Jokic...he was never in foul trouble. You get Jokic a couple early fouls that completely changes this team. The Lakers will attack more than the Clippers.

Knowing how AD plays against other bigs, he will shoot lots of jumpshots which helps Joker stay out of foul trouble

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I have been saying since the Nuggets beat the Clippers.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing how AD plays against other bigs, he will shoot lots of jumpshots which helps Joker stay out of foul trouble
And Vogel will have him attacking the basket in order to get Jokic in foul trouble,

Basketball is about making adjustments.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's more about everyone attacking. Lebron, Kuzma, Rondo..even just AD and the big working the offensive glass.

I said the playoffs and regular season is different especially this year but that doesn't change a strategy.

In the 1st matchup Jokic, Plumlee and Millsap all had 4+ fouls.
In the 2nd, Jokic and Millsap had 3. Plumless had 4
In the 3rd, Jokic had 5 fouls.

Why would they go away with something that works? If there is a weakness for Jokic, it's staying out of foul trouble especially the skilled bigs the Lakers have. If they can get Jokic in foul trouble it will help them tremendously. Still think this is a tight series in 6 games.