• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Lakers in 7. Even though the Lakers have the advantage on the interior, and also Lebron, they don't have the perimeter defense to prevent the Nuggets guards and wings from potentially going off. I think it'll be a really back and forth series. I expect to see some good games.
Now I know I nailed my pick when Sushi concurs

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the playoffs so far, one of two things are gonna happen

The Lakers lose game 1 but win the series in 5 games

or

The Nuggets win a 7 game series after falling down 3-1.

There are no other options. This is the way
If it comes down to a game 7......the Lakers.....

I think it'll be the Lakers in 5, maybe 6.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is really mentioning the Clippers lack of chemistry. It seems the Lakers chemistry is getting better every series, that helps on offense but especially on defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Lakers in 7. Even though the Lakers have the advantage on the interior, and also Lebron, they don't have the perimeter defense to prevent the Nuggets guards and wings from potentially going off. I think it'll be a really back and forth series. I expect to see some good games.

Wasn't that supposed to be the their Achilles heel vs. Portland and Houston?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is really mentioning the Clippers lack of chemistry. It seems the Lakers chemistry is getting better every series, that helps on offense but especially on defense.

The lack of chemistry on the Clippers side is all on them. They pretty much had the same team as the year before with the exception of two star players who most "experts" pegged and a couple of the easiest players to transition into a rotation.

The Lakers got a new head coach and 10 new players from the year before. One of them being Dwight Howard.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we can throw a bunch of guys at Jokic to limit him.....

You think the 3-headed attack of Howard, McGee and Morris will slow Joker down? Being serious. Not being a Lakers smartass right now. The fouls might add up and Jokic could be spending alotta time at the line. And FT shooting isn't a weakness (80% +).

I expect the Lakers to advance to the Finals in six.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clippers sure are. lol

Seriously though, that's what I was talking about earlier. Back when Kawhi and PG were load managing and Lebron was playing in every game, people were saying that Lebron was crazy and so were the Lakers for letting him do it.

But now it's looking like the Lakers and Lebron may have been right.

I thought Lou Will nailed it when he said that they had guys who are used to a different systen, were throwing the ball to a spot expecting someone to be there and no one was.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers sure are. lol

Seriously though, that's what I was talking about earlier. Back when Kawhi and PG were load managing and Lebron was playing in every game, people were saying that Lebron was crazy and so were the Lakers for letting him do it.

But now it's looking like the Lakers and Lebron may have been right.

I thought Lou Will nailed it when he said that they had guys who are used to a different systen, were throwing the ball to a spot expecting someone to be there and no one was.

Yep and CoVid seems to be helping Lebron..more rest. But yep, that "lack of chemistry" is all on the Clippers and Rivers. Let Kawhi sit out a 1/4 of the season...it backfired.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the 3-headed attack of Howard, McGee and Morris will slow Joker down? Being serious. Not being a Lakers smartass right now. The fouls might add up and Jokic could be spending alotta time at the line. And FT shooting isn't a weakness (80% +).

I expect the Lakers to advance to the Finals in six.

I do.

The advantage Jokic has is that he can hit the 3 and is a great passer. You don't typically see Dwight or Javale in the game without Lebron and/or AD. The Lakers can defend Jokic inside with Javale and Dwight and also defend him on the perimeter with AD and Lebron.

Also, all 4 of them are more athletic than Jokic. That should help them to be able to single cover him which cuts down on his passes to open players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and CoVid seems to be helping Lebron..more rest. But yep, that "lack of chemistry" is all on the Clippers and Rivers. Let Kawhi sit out a 1/4 of the season...it backfired.

Could be that Covid is the best thing could have happened for Lebron and the Lakers. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do.

The advantage Jokic has is that he can hit the 3 and is a great passer. You don't typically see Dwight or Javale in the game without Lebron and/or AD. The Lakers can defend Jokic inside with Javale and Dwight and also defend him on the perimeter with AD and Lebron.

Also, all 4 of them are more athletic than Jokic. That should help them to be able to single cover him which cuts down on his passes to open players.

Add together Howard, McGee and Morris and they're still not as talented/skilled as Jokic. I think the Nuggets have the advantage in the backcourt though. Avery Bradley will be missed in this series. Hey did you see that Jokic had 3 blocks last night? #defensivemonster:D. Although the nightmare scenario for the league (cause of ratings) would be a Denver/Miami Finals.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add together Howard, McGee and Morris and they're still not as talented/skilled as Jokic.

They don't need to be. They just need to be able to defend against him in the paint and make him work for every point and rebound he gets. It's up to AD to be better than him.
Avery Bradley will be missed in this series.

He was supposed to be missed in the last 2 series as well.

Having said that, he's an elite perimeter defender, so obviously him being here would be a huge help. But the Lakers coaches have done an excellent job of coming up with defensive schemes to help make up for it.

The appearance of Playoff Rondo has been a big help too. Hopefully that continues.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that supposed to be the their Achilles heel vs. Portland and Houston?

As I said to ShaqDaddy, the Rockets and Blazers lacked a key element in that they didn't have a reliable inside game. And Jokic isn't just an inside post scorer. He spaces the floor and he's an incredible passer. Millsap stretches the floor too. All factors for opening up the entire floor. Rockets just spaced with shooters, but with the Nuggets they can also play a bit inside out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need to be. They just need to be able to defend against him in the paint and make him work for every point and rebound he gets. It's up to AD to be better than him.

He was supposed to be missed in the last 2 series as well.

Having said that, he's an elite perimeter defender, so obviously him being here would be a huge help. But the Lakers coaches have done an excellent job of coming up with defensive schemes to help make up for it.

The appearance of Playoff Rondo has been a big help too. Hopefully that continues.

I think Jokic will dunk on all three of them all series long. :heh: <---You know I can't go too many comments without some Lakers trash talk! Good point about the previous series. But the Nuggets are more talented and deeper than the Blazers or the Bottle Rockets (shoutout to @ChiefsLakers67- don't wanna be accused of stealing his line). And playoff Rondo. I don't like him.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers did a good job keeping Jokic below his season average during their 4 games ( Lakers won 3 ).

and their defense has actually improved in the post season vs regular season.

should be a good series though, and if the Lakers go up 3-1, they better be nervous.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers did a good job keeping Jokic below his season average during their 4 games ( Lakers won 3 ).

and their defense has actually improved in the post season vs regular season.

should be a good series though, and if the Lakers go up 3-1, they better be nervous.
seems to be the magic numbers...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio I just heard PG and Trezl were yelling at each other after game 2. That team was not cohesive, they had deaths in their families, Lou needed his wings, etc