• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Final - Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton Oilers

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then take that trombone and repeatedly hit Suter over the head with it.
I have every confidence he will be bought out and that was the last game he’ll play here.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Mark Gormley dies and now the Oilers are in the SCF. Yep this world has gone to shit.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Mark Gormley dies and now the Oilers are in the SCF. Yep this world has gone to shit.

Let's all fall down on our knees and pray to our patron saint to lead us out of the dark and into the light...

florida-panthers-matthew-tkachuk.gif

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post script on the series, with apologies to the Dallas fans:

My chronicles as bad luck are well documented. I have been a Leafs fan since 1962 and a newish Preds supporter. After my return from LTIR in February, I attended several Preds games, all of which I left after 2 periods because, well they suck. And to listen to the comeback on the radio...

I then went to 3 playoff games this year and went, yes, 0-3. I offered to stay away from Bridgestone but the team would not meet my $$ demands. Something about a cap, but I did not ask for a hat.

So last week I visited my money in Vegas. Took the opportunity to make 5 separate bets during the Conf Finals. Radical stuff like "McDavid will take more than 3 shots", that kind of wacko money burn. And yes, I lost them all.

Fast forward to May 27. Dallas had just beaten the Oilers to take a commanding 3-1 lead and I was PISSED. Since there is no love lost between the DAL and NSH fanbase, I selfishly decided to take matters into my own hands and BET ON THE STARS TO WIN THE CUP.

The rest is history.

Again, sorry DAL fans. I take full responsibility.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My chronicles as bad luck are well documented. I have been a Leafs fan since 1962 and a newish Preds supporter. After my return from LTIR in February, I attended several Preds games, all of which I left after 2 periods because, well they suck. And to listen to the comeback on the radio...

I then went to 3 playoff games this year and went, yes, 0-3. I offered to stay away from Bridgestone but the team would not meet my $$ demands. Something about a cap, but I did not ask for a hat.

So last week I visited my money in Vegas. Took the opportunity to make 5 separate bets during the Conf Finals. Radical stuff like "McDavid will take more than 3 shots", that kind of wacko money burn. And yes, I lost them all.

Fast forward to May 27. Dallas had just beaten the Oilers to take a commanding 3-1 lead and I was PISSED. Since there is no love lost between the DAL and NSH fanbase, I selfishly decided to take matters into my own hands and BET ON THE STARS TO WIN THE CUP.

The rest is history.

I hate you. Always have.

(Just kidding)

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years in a row snowless Florida has had a team playing in the NHL finals.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rest is history.

It's clear you need to cheer for the Oilers in the final.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team absolutely benefited from his presence and his leadership. Hope he feels like this is home because he would be a welcome addition to the front office.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasnt with her up until she said that CBC was supposed to and could have shown the game and decided not to, forcing people to subscribe to sportsnet for the game.

I wonder if Rogers had an impact in not showing it free on CBC so people would pay for it on SN

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for those people on fixed incomes and/or seniors that just have basic cable and only get CBC, that decision was very short-sighted. I mean, how much Murdoch Mysteries and British baking shows can you watch?!?