• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't suppose that had anything to do with their QB?
Exactly...and that was my point. QB makes the WR not the other way around. Do people really believe it's just coincidence no matter who plays WR/TE in GB, Indy, NO, NE, Pittsburgh as long as the QB is healthy the offense never skips a beat?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you must have missed where I said where they'd be ranked BEFORE the season. A 4th round rookie who sat out a season and another found on the scrap heap.

Their 2018 success was BECAUSE they played with Baker.

I did miss it because you never said it dumbass. The Eagles guys were indeed ranked lower than the Browns guys. Also, it should be noted the eagles got rid of both Matthews and DGB after that season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Zona blowout where he had a ton of yards proves your points the blowouts mean he's going to have lower passing yards?

Blowing teams out means you aren't going to be throwing late in games. Damn you're slipping today.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did miss it because you never said it dumbass. The Eagles guys were indeed ranked lower than the Browns guys. Also, it should be noted the eagles got rid of both Matthews and DGB after that season.
No need for a Yosemite Sam-like namecalling meltdown, chief.

This is what I said - "And you think they are ranked lower than a 4th round rookie who had not played in a year and Perriman, who was just released?"

If Perriman was "just released" can you not infer I was talking well before the season was over? Can you also not infer BECAUSE of the QB Baker got them to play better?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird thing about Matthews, he had the look of an upcoming stud at WR his first two years and then his production dropped with Wentz in 2016. Just saying.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't suppose that had anything to do with their QB?

Not really as it pertains to the Eagles. Matthews and DGB have proven they have been shitty WR's in the NFL. Agholor was good in 2017 but has been bad/average every other year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really as it pertains to the Eagles. Matthews and DGB have proven they have been shitty WR's in the NFL. Agholor was good in 2017 but has been bad/average every other year.
And the Browns offense had been bad for most of the millennium but with 1 solid slot receiver, a 4th round rookie who hadn't played in a year and a guy they found on the scrap heap (along with a rookie RB and a TE who didn't do much as a rookie the previous season) the Browns had one of the top offenses in the NFL in the 2nd half of the season.

You think that was because of what, the interior lineman?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for a Yosemite Sam-like namecalling meltdown, chief.

This is what I said - "And you think they are ranked lower than a 4th round rookie who had not played in a year and Perriman, who was just released?"

If Perriman was "just released" can you not infer I was talking well before the season was over? Can you also not infer BECAUSE of the QB Baker got them to play better?

Lol. You think I'm melting down over arguing about shitty WR play. And I answered your question twice now. The eagles guys were indeed ranked lower than the Browns guys. And we haven't even brought up anyone else. It should say something that you haven't even mentioned anyone else other than what are probably the #3/4 options at WR for Cleveland.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Browns offense had been bad for most of the millennium but with 1 solid slot receiver, a 4th round rookie who hadn't played in a year and a guy they found on the scrap heap (along with a rookie RB and a TE who didn't do much as a rookie the previous season) the Browns had one of the top offenses in the NFL in the 2nd half of the season.

You think that was because of what, the interior lineman?

Baker is a good QB, might even turn out to be great and a HOF, I never said he wasn't good. But the facts back up he got better play out of his skills guys last year than Wentz did his rookie year. I'm honestly not sure why this turned into a big deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You think I'm melting down over arguing about shitty WR play. And I answered your question twice now. The eagles guys were indeed ranked lower than the Browns guys. And we haven't even brought up anyone else. It should say something that you haven't even mentioned anyone else other than what are probably the #3/4 options at WR for Cleveland.
I think you are melting down because you resorted to a Yosemite Sam-like namecalling rant because someone disagreed with you and was able to refute your comments with logic, facts and reason.

The Eagles guys were ranked lower AFTER the season because playing with Baker makes WRs better. Hello?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker is a good QB, might even turn out to be great and a HOF, I never said he wasn't good. But the facts back up he got better play out of his skills guys last year than Wentz did his rookie year. I'm honestly not sure why this turned into a big deal.
Fair enough....but do you really not get that better QBs will get "better play" out of WRs than lesser QBs would? when Kizer was the Browns' QBs their WRs and TEs could not look any worse.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are melting down because you resorted to a Yosemite Sam-like namecalling rant because someone disagreed with you and was able to refute your comments with logic, facts and reason.

The Eagles guys were ranked lower AFTER the season because playing with Baker makes WRs better. Hello?

What facts have you brought up? When you say something like players are more highly thought of, that is the definition of an opinion. Lol. It's a fact the Eagles WR sucked ass in 2016.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews had just under 1900 yards, 12.2 YPC, and 16 TDs in his first 2 seasons combined. That is about as far from shitty as you can expect from a WR's first two years without them being on a Julio/AJ/OBJ level. But then in his 3rd (Wentz's first), he had barely 800 yards, 11 YPC and 3 TDs.

Wanna know who had proven to be a shitty WR in the NFL? Breshad Perriman before he was cut. Then he joins Baker and things change.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What facts have you brought up? When you say something like players are more highly thought of, that is the definition of an opinion. Lol. It's a fact the Eagles WR sucked ass in 2016.
Also a fact Matthews was better the previous season before "sucking ass" with Wentz.