• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welp K. Love is pretty much gone

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Love is as good as gone following this season IMO. Got to think Cleveland's regretting trading Wiggins every day.

Its freaking January. Love isn't as good as gone.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to sound like Love will not opt out of his contract and play a least another season with Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think that we will figure it out here, so I don't plan on opting out or any of that," Love told NEOMG. "I plan on being here. As far as leaving my options open, I mean sure, it's always there. At the end of the day, it's always good to have something but no, I plan on being here."

By picking up his $16.7 million player option for 2015-16, Love, 26, would stay with the Cavs until at least the summer of 2016. That would allow him to sign a new contract just in time to tap into the expected spike in television revenue before the 2016-17 season.

Love says he's committed to the Cavaliers organization and stressed that while he's still trying to find his niche with the team, it will have no bearing on his future arrangements.

"I've said all along that I plan on being a Cavalier long-term," Love said without hesitation. "As we continue to evolve, my role will continue to evolve. It's still a process where I'm figuring it out."

---Again...as i said- even taking Love at his word at this point is not the most reliable thing because things can change so swiftly at the end of the year as we saw last year with LeBron- as we saw with other players...

But- Love has said all along he plans on being a Cav long term- at the end of his stay in Minne his rep took a hit- and to go back on that so soon and leave his rep would only take a bigger hit

-and the 2 most important reasons- if he stays- he gets the MOST MONEY and he gets to play with LeBron James.

-also- I am seriously wondering where people think he would go- there are EXTREMELY limited options that make any sense what so ever- the only one that I saw that even kinda makes sense is Houston- and they would have to do some serious shuffling to get it to work.

of course everyone is going to ignore all this and just hate on the Cavs and its to be expected when you have the target on your back like the Cavs do....so...hate away...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think that we will figure it out here, so I don't plan on opting out or any of that," Love told NEOMG. "I plan on being here. As far as leaving my options open, I mean sure, it's always there. At the end of the day, it's always good to have something but no, I plan on being here."

By picking up his $16.7 million player option for 2015-16, Love, 26, would stay with the Cavs until at least the summer of 2016. That would allow him to sign a new contract just in time to tap into the expected spike in television revenue before the 2016-17 season.

Love says he's committed to the Cavaliers organization and stressed that while he's still trying to find his niche with the team, it will have no bearing on his future arrangements.

"I've said all along that I plan on being a Cavalier long-term," Love said without hesitation. "As we continue to evolve, my role will continue to evolve. It's still a process where I'm figuring it out."

---Again...as i said- even taking Love at his word at this point is not the most reliable thing because things can change so swiftly at the end of the year as we saw last year with LeBron- as we saw with other players...

But- Love has said all along he plans on being a Cav long term- at the end of his stay in Minne his rep took a hit- and to go back on that so soon and leave his rep would only take a bigger hit

-and the 2 most important reasons- if he stays- he gets the MOST MONEY and he gets to play with LeBron James.

-also- I am seriously wondering where people think he would go- there are EXTREMELY limited options that make any sense what so ever- the only one that I saw that even kinda makes sense is Houston- and they would have to do some serious shuffling to get it to work.

of course everyone is going to ignore all this and just hate on the Cavs and its to be expected when you have the target on your back like the Cavs do....so...hate away...

Are you ignoring the first few words?

So, his comment is based on him thinking they will "figure it out", which means winning, doesn't it?

What if this continues though and they don't "figure it out"?

Why not just say that I'm committed to playing here long term whether we "figure it out" or not this year?

See, so basically, as I pointed out before. He said nothing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you ignoring the first few words?

So, his comment is based on him thinking they will "figure it out", which means winning, doesn't it?

What if this continues though and they don't "figure it out"?

Why not just say that I'm committed to playing here long term whether we "figure it out" or not this year?

See, so basically, as I pointed out before. He said nothing.

lol.....no...i mean you have a point...if the Cavs finish 43-39 and get bounced in the first round and Love gets 8 shots a game- you could be right

if you would like to make a wager on this occurring- I would gladly negotiate terms with you. Perhaps if Love leaves I will change my avatar to "DwayneWade=Legend" and if Love resigns you can change yours to "LeBron4evermyKing"?

???

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....no...i mean you have a point...if the Cavs finish 43-39 and get bounced in the first round and Love gets 8 shots a game- you could be right

if you would like to make a wager on this occurring- I would gladly negotiate terms with you. Perhaps if Love leaves I will change my avatar to "DwayneWade=Legend" and if Love resigns you can change yours to "LeBron4evermyKing"?

???

I really don't think that he will have any options other than the Cavs next season if he's only looking to sign for 1 year because of the new CBA.

It's funny, because Love has Gilbert by the short hairs just like James does next season.

If/when Love bolts it will be the summer of '16, not '15.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think that he will have any options other than the Cavs next season if he's only looking to sign for 1 year because of the new CBA.

It's funny, because Love has Gilbert by the short hairs just like James does next season.

If/when Love bolts it will be the summer of '16, not '15.

did you see LeBron last night?

LeBron is not going anywhere...that nonsense can stop....his goal- and he knows its a steep mountain to climb is bringing a championship to Cleveland- hed be crucified if he left- and he has nothing to prove any where else anyway....

Love- i totally concur- we have no clue whats going to happen- but - there is a MUCH MUCH better chance he resigns in Cleveland than anywhere else for all the reasons i said

-paucity of realistic places to go
-money
-playing with LeBron and the success that goes with it
-restoring his tarnished name instead of damaging it further

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see LeBron last night?

LeBron is not going anywhere...that nonsense can stop....his goal- and he knows its a steep mountain to climb is bringing a championship to Cleveland- hed be crucified if he left- and he has nothing to prove any where else anyway....

Love- i totally concur- we have no clue whats going to happen- but - there is a MUCH MUCH better chance he resigns in Cleveland than anywhere else for all the reasons i said

-paucity of realistic places to go
-money
-playing with LeBron and the success that goes with it
-restoring his tarnished name instead of damaging it further

When did I mention LeBron?
I think it's not long before he 'accepts' that not winning isn't the end of his world.
Total control is what he wants.

Last night is a perfect example.
I wonder how it would have went over with Riley had James been in the same type of situation ( injured, needing rehab/ therapy) here and flew to Dallas for the night?

Gilbert can't say/do shit to him.

I remember when James was here and wanted to stay behind the team in New Orleans and go to a CP3 party.
Riley told him to get his ass on the plane.:lol:

I heard a Rick Adelman interview driving home tonight ( discussing James).
He said Blatt and the GM have no shot.
He said "it can't work when the tail is wagging the dog".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I mention LeBron?
I think it's not long before he 'accepts' that not winning isn't the end of his world.
Total control is what he wants.

Last night is a perfect example.
I wonder how it would have went over with Riley had James been in the same type of situation ( injured, needing rehab/ therapy) here and flew to Dallas for the night?

Gilbert can't say/do shit to him.

I remember when James was here and wanted to stay behind the team in New Orleans and go to a CP3 party.
Riley told him to get his ass on the plane.:lol:

I heard a Rick Adelman interview driving home tonight ( discussing James).
He said Blatt and the GM have no shot.
He said "it can't work when the tail is wagging the dog".

if the choice is between having LeBron James and his baggage or not having Lebron James- I can EASILY tell you which one i will pick.....

I mean- you- more than just about anyone have a great idea the difference between having him and not having him....I mean- last year Miami was an instant contender- this year they suck- last year the Cavs suck- this year they are an instant contender....

ill deal with LeBron's baggage for that- especially since he is a good guy and doesnt ever mess up off the court...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the choice is between having LeBron James and his baggage or not having Lebron James- I can EASILY tell you which one i will pick.....

I mean- you- more than just about anyone have a great idea the difference between having him and not having him....I mean- last year Miami was an instant contender- this year they suck- last year the Cavs suck- this year they are an instant contender....

ill deal with LeBron's baggage for that- especially since he is a good guy and doesnt ever mess up off the court...

1. I've seen the Heat win without him.
2. The 4 seasons he spent here will be his best 4.
3. I gladly take that type of baggage, and I agree he is fine off the court, but NO WAY would I want him with opt outs every year.

As far as the Heat sucking, whatever, Riley had no shot this summer.
The Heat might still find their way, and might have found a true center for NOTHING.
If we get bounced in round 1, so what?
We met most reasonable people expectations.

You are possibly 24 minutes away from being sub .500 with James/Love/Kyrie.

Last edited by a moderator: