• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welp K. Love is pretty much gone

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Kevin Love.. the guy who has averaged a double/double for 6 straight years will be the man over Randle who has as many NBA blocks and rebounds as I do.

Yeah, K. Love would be the man. There is some belief that Randle could actually be converted to small forward as he is actually a little undersized for a PF. He's listed at 6'9" but he's really closer to 6'7".

Randle got hurt so early in the season that the Lakers don't really know how good he might be, so if they can get a young, proven commodity like Love, they kind of have to.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Kevin Love Unlikely To Sign Extension With Cavs This Summer | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

This report suggests what many of us speculate. That many GM's believe he bolts after season

That doesn't really mean he's leaving Cleveland. It just means he's not locking himself down to any team, not just Cleveland, so he can take advantage of the cap jump in 2016. He basically said this himself back when he was in Minny. It's wise on his part to do so. Lebron did the same thing putting an opt out in his contract as well. Hell, tons of players should do this. If I were Aldridge or Marc Gasol, I'd sign a one year deal this year and then enter FA again to cash out in 2016.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why he would stay. Be the #3 option in Clevelan or the man in LA?

Seems like an easy choice to me. If you're still not going to be that good (not trying to start shit Lakers fans), might as well live in the Hollywood hills with that weather. Amrite?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till the Wiggy one sees this. He'll have something to say to defend this.

:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't really mean he's leaving Cleveland. It just means he's not locking himself down to any team, not just Cleveland, so he can take advantage of the cap jump in 2016. He basically said this himself back when he was in Minny. It's wise on his part to do so. Lebron did the same thing putting an opt out in his contract as well. Hell, tons of players should do this. If I were Aldridge or Marc Gasol, I'd sign a one year deal this year and then enter FA again to cash out in 2016.

I agree. I think we may see a lot of 1 year deals with this FA class. No point in locking yourself in with the cap set to increase the very next season.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think we may see a lot of 1 year deals with this FA class. No point in locking yourself in with the cap set to increase the very next season.

isn't there some speculation that a lockout would likely happen regarding that cap increase...only a small part of it. heard it mentioned probably last season.

but id say why didn't more of the 2014 free agents opt for these kind of deals?

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he leaves, it would be to the Knicks.

Dont want him...certainly not for the Max.....I want a rim protecting 4....the Knicks even when hole were a sieve in the paint.....howdy, Mecca :}

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarification from Blatt

My comment was either misunderstood or misconstrued. I was simply saying that, with our team, he does not have a max contract because we're not allowed to talk to him about anything until after the season is over. That was really where I was going with that so I think that's very unfortunate the way that turned out. That's the way of the world sometimes. I guess I've got to be clearer with my thoughts.

Kevin Love, for me, is a player of the highest order, whether you want to define that by max contract or any other thing, he's one of the best players in the NBA.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not luck, it's being stupid.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't there some speculation that a lockout would likely happen regarding that cap increase...only a small part of it. heard it mentioned probably last season.

Yeah, I heard that they are expecting a lockout or strike. The players are going to want the cap to increase more than the owners will want it to, so depending on how far apart they are, that's one impasse that will have to be dealt with. I'm sure there will be others as well.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Love is as good as gone following this season IMO. Got to think Cleveland's regretting trading Wiggins every day.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is substantial risk in taking a 1 year contract now to get a bigger long-term contract next year. What if you get injured, or start sucking, or get handed a different role that makes your value go down?

There are only a select few stars who are so great that they can know that no matter what happens during this season, they will be able to command just as much next year as they do this year.

Most agents, unless their client is LeBron or Durant, are not going to want to take that gamble.