• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welp K. Love is pretty much gone

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs coach David Blatt: Kevin Love is 'not a max player yet' - CBSSports.com

With rumors that love my opt out for free agency Blatt came out and said that love isnt worth max money so love is thinking about leaving and blatt isnt in favor of paying him so I dont see him staying in cleveland. The cavs basically gave away wiggins for free so unless they land a big time free agent like marc gasol lebron james is probably gonna leave because I dont think the idea of him carrying a team by himself is what he wants to do.

Does the future look grim for cleveland or am I wrong?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping his quote was taken out of context.

If not, he is a 1st class moron.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He told the truth.

It is obvious that LOVE is not a max player.

He can stockpile stats by cherry picking on a horrible team and not bother playing defense.

When added to a good roster, he is a #2 option with the same horrible defense.

Brodes81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hysterical that they are struggling this much....

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is a top 3 PF in the NBA when not teamed with LeBron

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a related story though, David Blatt is not a max coach just yet. What happened to the innovative approach this guy was supposed to bring?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a related story though, David Blatt is not a max coach just yet. What happened to the innovative approach this guy was supposed to bring?

In fairness to him I think he would have been better off with a team with young players and who were rebuilding

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the record when they traded Wiggins saying that was a bad move, and now it looks potentially franchise-crushing. Love will fly the coop, Lebron and his receding hairline will get older and these fools will be left with nothing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the record when they traded Wiggins saying that was a bad move, and now it looks potentially franchise-crushing. Love will fly the coop, Lebron and his receding hairline will get older and these fools will be left with nothing.

The move NEVER made sense with Love having the option to come or leave after this season.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it was a puzzling move too.

But you can't really question LeBron. The man knows B-ball and I'm pretty sure he engineered the move.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a puzzling move too.

But you can't really question LeBron. The man knows B-ball and I'm pretty sure he engineered the move.

James knows that he wants to win EVERY season (vs the nonsense in the SI letter).
Of course he felt he would have a better chance with Love then a rookie.
James has Gilbert by the balls which is what the move really boiled down to.
James is free to leave anytime he chooses.
Gilbert will be stuck with one big mess once he does.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I pointed out on another thread, Blatt's comment was not an assessment of Love's talent or market worth. He was correcting the reporter who stated that Love is a max player since, technically, Love isn't (only got a 4 year resign with Minny, not 5).

I don't know why he made that correction... it was probably a bad idea, he should've known the media would jump all over it. He should've just let the technicality go and answered the question.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why he would stay. Be the #3 option in Clevelan or the man in LA?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why he would stay. Be the #3 option in Clevelan or the man in LA?

Would he be the man in LA with Randle playing the same position when he gets healthy? I think Randle plays both ends of the court.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he be the man in LA with Randle playing the same position when he gets healthy? I think Randle plays both ends of the court.

Yes, Kevin Love.. the guy who has averaged a double/double for 6 straight years will be the man over Randle who has as many NBA blocks and rebounds as I do.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Kevin Love Unlikely To Sign Extension With Cavs This Summer | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

This report suggests what many of us speculate. That many GM's believe he bolts after season

It was in the Akron paper too.

If he signs, he's doing a 1yr deal.

Cavs mailbag: What to do with Matthew Dellavedova and Kevin Love’s future

By Jason Lloyd
Beacon Journal sports writer

Jason are the Cavs really addressing how to get Kevin Love the ball or is this lip service? @TH_Da_06er

It’s confounding how involved Love can be in first quarter of games this season and how ignored he is by the fourth. I wish I could give you great insight as to why that is, but unfortunately I can’t. Even with Irving and James out of the lineup last week, Love still couldn’t get the ball in the fourth quarter of a bad loss at Philadelphia despite having position in the post.

What are the chances as of now that Kevin Love re-signs a long term contract with the team? Discussions started? @melz19230

Love is unlikely to sign long term this summer because of the salary cap. He is expected to opt out of his current contract at the end of the season for cap purposes, but he might only sign a one-year deal to line up for what is expected to be a significant cap spike in the summer of 2016.

Love has said all the right things about re-signing with the Cavs this summer and the Cavs continue to insist he’s here long term. Executives around the league, however, continue to believe Love could leave Cleveland at the end of the season. We’ll see. There is still a long way to go.

Cavs mailbag: What to do with Matthew Dellavedova and Kevin Love?s future - Cavs - Ohio