• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: Bears (3-5) at Steelers (4-3) on Monday Night Football

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties destroyed us today. Always the sign of a losing team. And we are a losing team.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kick was 10 yards short.
Yup...it bounced about 2 yards deep...so maybe more...all good, the Bears actually might have a QB for the 1st time in my 56 year life

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they did...and really stupid procedure penalties that are more about preparation than play
That unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in particular against whoever the Karate Kid is was definitely a back breaker.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in particular against whoever the Karate Kid is was definitely a back breaker.

Yes, the ref needs to just spot the ball and move on...no need to over react...which he obviously did

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot there were 4-5 bad ref calls that were back breakers. The BS roughing call on Nichols, the BS no roughing call x2 on Fields, the horrific chop block, that wasn't. That aweful PI call... and the bad taunting call.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never give out game balls when we lose, but it's still ok to single out some players who performed well. No doubt this was JF's best game by far in his early Bears career. And it wasn't even a complete game, as it took a while for him to get going. This is something that has to be addressed in the coming weeks. But once he did get 'er going, damn did he ever show why it was a smart move by Pace trading down to nab him. It appears he's finally catching up to the speed of the game, which is always the toughest aspect for a young QB to adapt. His arm strength is almost matched by his accuracy. And his mobility is going to create nightmares for opposing defenses as he gets more comfortable in his space. No doubt he's looked quite sloppy for much of his early starts for the Bears, but he gets better each week and I feel the future is sky high for the kid.

I was also impressed with Cole Kmet, who has finally emerged as the clear cut #1 TE. He's already our best blocking TE, but now has also cemented himself as our top pass catching TE to boot. And while Monty didn't get a lot of carries, he seems to have pretty much picked up where he left off. The Bears have a solid overall running game - they should take greater advantage of this.

Pretty disappointed for the most part with the way our D played, but once again Roquan Smith showed why he's the best, most consistent player on the defense and at this stage of the season our team's MVP (altho I hope by the end of the year we anoint Fields with that award). I remember getting some flack in here when I said back in the preseason that Smith was our best defender. I doubt I'll be getting that same amount of flack these days.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easily could have let that taunting penalty go for all the hits Fields took. Really looked like Mike Vick after his prison sentence.

Game was much more than I expected, I thought they were going to get blown out in the first half. Only thing I did expect were stupid penalties killing us. Loved that Graham got involved again, Mooney will be our number 1 next year and hopefully Byrd will be gone.

When its a game of inches, why keep running kicks out from 8 yards deep in the end zone?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never give out game balls when we lose, but it's still ok to single out some players who performed well. No doubt this was JF's best game by far in his early Bears career. And it wasn't even a complete game, as it took a while for him to get going. This is something that has to be addressed in the coming weeks. But once he did get 'er going, damn did he ever show why it was a smart move by Pace trading down to nab him. It appears he's finally catching up to the speed of the game, which is always the toughest aspect for a young QB to adapt. His arm strength is almost matched by his accuracy. And his mobility is going to create nightmares for opposing defenses as he gets more comfortable in his space. No doubt he's looked quite sloppy for much of his early starts for the Bears, but he gets better each week and I feel the future is sky high for the kid.

I was also impressed with Cole Kmet, who has finally emerged as the clear cut #1 TE. He's already our best blocking TE, but now has also cemented himself as our top pass catching TE to boot. And while Monty didn't get a lot of carries, he seems to have pretty much picked up where he left off. The Bears have a solid overall running game - they should take greater advantage of this.

Pretty disappointed for the most part with the way our D played, but once again Roquan Smith showed why he's the best, most consistent player on the defense and at this stage of the season our team's MVP (altho I hope by the end of the year we anoint Fields with that award). I remember getting some flack in here when I said back in the preseason that Smith was our best defender. I doubt I'll be getting that same amount of flack these days.
Kmet took a terrible late hit from that Fitzpatrick prick that bent him in half too.

I hated watching the late hits on Kmet and Fields, but really wish we had some hitters like that for our D creating alligator arms.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet took a terrible late hit from that Fitzpatrick prick that bent him in half too.

I hated watching the late hits on Kmet and Fields, but really wish we had some hitters like that for our D creating alligator arms.
Yeah, when I saw that hit on him and the replay confirmed how nasty that hit was, I thought Kmet would exit the game. He's one tough mofo.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating should be the only discussion in here today.

I know it's a bitch move, but goddaaaamn was that shit ridiculous. That qunt that hip-checked Marsh should never ref another game. At least the rest of year. That was bush-league nonsense. He called the phantom illegal block negating the TD too.

@NCChiFan mentioned em', but they warrant more bitching. Bears got robbed.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's a bitch move, but goddaaaamn was that shit ridiculous. That qunt that hip-checked Marsh should never ref another game. At least the rest of year. That was bush-league nonsense. He called the phantom illegal block negating the TD too.

And the call on Nichols and the missed call on Fields... Even the announcing crew was calling him out.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Packers fan, a Bears lose is always a good thing. That said, the Bears were not only playing the Steelers but the refs too. There were several calls that were borderline conspiracy theory. Refs did everything they could to ensure Pittsburgh won that game. I’m not one to use refs as an excuse but the taunting penalty looked like the scene from remember the titans with the racist refs. Good luck the rest of the way except when they play GB.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the intent was for Daniels to chop block watt, so he wont be trying that any time soon.
Look, I did not know who Marsh was, did not even know he was in the organization, but apparently this is the reason he does not stick anywhere in his 8 year career. Apparently, last year he was with the steelers, so he made a play and told them about it. An excuse could have been made he started running the wrong way. You get a player like him or Edwards on the field, you just know it is going to happen. At least Marsh got pulled from the game, unlike the multiple lining up offsides that the defensive line decided to do.
Tom Thayer called this an epidemic in the NFL, how a defensive player runs off and celebrates on his own for something it took 10 other guys to help him do. Great point from a guy who was there, not armchair GM's fantasizing about their football team instead of sex.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the intent was for Daniels to chop block watt, so he wont be trying that any time soon.

Look, I did not know who Marsh was, did not even know he was in the organization, but apparently this is the reason he does not stick anywhere in his 8 year career. Apparently, last year he was with the steelers, so he made a play and told them about it. An excuse could have been made he started running the wrong way. You get a player like him or Edwards on the field, you just know it is going to happen. At least Marsh got pulled from the game, unlike the multiple lining up offsides that the defensive line decided to do.

Tom Thayer called this an epidemic in the NFL, how a defensive player runs off and celebrates on his own for something it took 10 other guys to help him do. Great point from a guy who was there, not armchair GM's fantasizing about their football team instead of sex.
1st bold) Who fucking cares, it was legal. It was inside the tackle, he didn't even so much as graze him, and we scored a TD!? I don't get what you are trying to say here. Why wouldn't he be trying it again, it worked to fucking perfection?? It was completely and unequivocally a dogshit call that cost us 4 pts.

Bold 2) He didn't run fucking anywhere!? He literally stood up and took two steps that way. It was the equivalent of a basketball player holding his arm up late after hitting a three. He was 25 yards away from the goddamned sideline. The lining up offsides was ticky tack too, in fact the play immediately after the first neutral zone, had a Bears player that looked even more offsides and they didn't call it. The kid had just made the fucking play of the game, and apparently any display of emotion is now against the rules. It's stupid, and it is ruining the fucking game. The fucking hip-check by the official was 10 times worse than the "taunting".

Bold 3) Tom can go fuck himself. He is an NFL apologist. That shit is retarded. It was a HUGE sack, and arguably the play of the game at crucial point, and all the kid did was look at the sideline from 20 fucking yards away. Big fucking deal. And your armchair comment is just fucking lame. Fuck off.

This is a weird hill for you battle on, dude. Quite literally, EVERYONE knows the Bears got jobbed. It has been all over sports shows and internet. Packers fans and Steelers fans aren't even denying it, but here you are...It's like you go out of your way these days to be fucking stupid?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st bold) Who fucking cares, it was legal. It was inside the tackle, he didn't even so much as graze him, and we scored a TD!? I don't get what you are trying to say here. Why wouldn't he be trying it again, it worked to fucking perfection?? It was completely and unequivocally a dogshit call that cost us 4 pts.

Bold 2) He didn't run fucking anywhere!? He literally stood up and took two steps that way. It was the equivalent of a basketball player holding his arm up late after hitting a three. He was 25 yards away from the goddamned sideline. The lining up offsides was ticky tack too, in fact the play immediately after the first neutral zone, had a Bears player that looked even more offsides and they didn't call it. The kid had just made the fucking play of the game, and apparently any display of emotion is now against the rules. It's stupid, and it is ruining the fucking game. The fucking hip-check by the official was 10 times worse than the "taunting".

Bold 3) Tom can go fuck himself. He is an NFL apologist. That shit is retarded. It was a HUGE sack, and arguably the play of the game at crucial point, and all the kid did was look at the sideline from 20 fucking yards away. Big fucking deal. And your armchair comment is just fucking lame. Fuck off.

This is a weird hill for you battle on, dude. Quite literally, EVERYONE knows the Bears got jobbed. It has been all over sports shows and internet. Packers fans and Steelers fans aren't even denying it, but here you are...It's like you go out of your way these days to be fucking stupid?
I am guessing you missed the roundhouse kick that started it.

But the entire world knows beardown is a much better source for his internet searches and high and mighty stature on top of this hill of shitty, misguided and just plain rude members of this message board than the expertise of Tom Thayer.

It is funny to me that you pick the biggest, self proclaimed idiot to show how smart you are. Set some goals for yourself man, its sad.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your rambling, mostly incoherent posts give me a fucking headache.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing you missed the roundhouse kick that started it.

It's not taunting. How is different than a player flexing their muscles or gesturing to the crowd like so many do after sacks?

Watt pointed at the Bears bench and at Fields after one of his sacks. That. by definition, is actually taunting and wasn't flagged.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I am guessing you missed the roundhouse kick that started it.

2) But the entire world knows beardown is a much better source for his internet searches and high and mighty stature on top of this hill of shitty, misguided and just plain rude members of this message board than the expertise of Tom Thayer.

3) It is funny to me that you pick the biggest, self proclaimed idiot to show how smart you are. Set some goals for yourself man, its sad.
1) You guess wrong. Does not break any rule.

2) Couldn't give any less fucks what Thayer says. HE. IS. AN. NFL. EMPLOYEE. and he is never going to rock that boat.

3) I'm not PICKING anything, other than some stupid ass shit I read. Stop saying retarded shit, and I'll stop responding.