• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: Bears (3-5) at Steelers (4-3) on Monday Night Football

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. Two teams who have struggled MIGHTILY on offense all season square off in what could be a snoozefest of a Monday night game. Bears drop this one and you can damn near officially write the entire season off. I know most of us already have in our minds, but this would really be the final nail in the coffin. Perhaps for Nagy and Pace as well.

Steelers under Tomlin have been the kings of shitting the bed against inferior opponents. So, I suppose that is on our side.

I suppose that I could foresee a scenario where the Steelers offense beats themselves, but our D has been getting worse and worse as well. It also seems unlikely that Mack will return this week.

Unlike ourselves, their D has remained pretty solid. Coming off of a good performance against Cleveland last week. I know we showed signs of life on offense last week, but I fear Fields and our protection may struggle again. Hard to have any faith in this team right now.

Steelers 20
Bears 10

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly enough, we've won the last three times we faced the Steelers, and in those three we were definitely the underdog. Lifetime we're 19-7-1 against them. Not that any of this has jack squat to do with Monday Night's game, but it's still fun to note.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mully and Haugh just pushed Biggsy to give them his pick and he said 24-13 steelers. Said our D line is not stopping the run, we go to an 8 man box and the opponent is averaging over 5 yards per carry. Our OLB have no contain, just on full go around the outside of the tackles to get to the quarterback and take themselves out of the run plays. Our secondary are bad tacklers, they stop our inside linebackers and get 5 per carry. Our OLine will have no answer for watt and company.

Yikes. thats an expert.

Sure hope Justin stays upright, should have a big game running if he rolls out enough, but I figure Tomlin will have a spy on him all game that knows how to tackle.

I hope its as close as Rich and Biggsy think it will be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be rooting for my Bears by rooting for the Steelers to blow us out. I wanna lose so bad they have to fire Nagy and Pace right after the game. I know it's a pipe dream but it's the only thing worth watching for. The rookie getting better will not happen until the coach is fired. I never felt so hopeless about any Bears team in my life time. The over under is 5 first downs and 120 yards passing. I'm betting the under.
PS. You guys that have been here a long time, Do you remember when you guys used to call me the board optimist? lol. Were talking pre Trestman stuff here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be rooting for my Bears by rooting for the Steelers to blow us out. I wanna lose so bad they have to fire Nagy and Pace right after the game. I know it's a pipe dream but it's the only thing worth watching for. The rookie getting better will not happen until the coach is fired. I never felt so hopeless about any Bears team in my life time. The over under is 5 first downs and 120 yards passing. I'm betting the under.
PS. You guys that have been here a long time, Do you remember when you guys used to call me the board optimist? lol. Were talking pre Trestman stuff here.
I mean, the 2014 team in Trestman's last year will always be the most I've ever hated a Bears team. However, I do agree, this team is pretty damn hopeless and unlikable. Really just nothing to get excited about.

I just hope we see Fields make progress over the course of the season. Only thing worth looking at.

When we were 3-2. I actually thought we would make a season of this and actually grow over the course of it. Now? I honestly think we're on the verge of totally collapsing and not winning another game. I see 5-6 wins... maybe...

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the 2014 team in Trestman's last year will always be the most I've ever hated a Bears team. However, I do agree, this team is pretty damn hopeless and unlikable. Really just nothing to get excited about.

I just hope we see Fields make progress over the course of the season. Only thing worth looking at.

When we were 3-2. I actually thought we would make a season of this and actually grow over the course of it. Now? I honestly think we're on the verge of totally collapsing and not winning another game. I see 5-6 wins... maybe...
The best thing that might have happened was to keep lovie as a co head coach and let Trestman as the offensive co head coach. They might have been onto something there. I hated the fact they were changing our teams identity from monsters of the midway to a west coast offense in the snow.

They cut Perriman, never made it on the field anyway, probably to make room to activate David Montgomery.

I just want them to let Rodney Adams dress and stop trying to force this chemistry on Justin. You either have it or you dont. I remember growing up, just playing pickup football, no matter where Steve Nicosia was, I would throw the ball as far as I could and he would be there to catch it. Justin has that with Adams, he had it with Ridley in practice. It sucks they could not move Robinson before the deadline so they can just let chemistry happen.

Also heard this morning that Ben is playing with a torn something in his throwing shoulder and a hip problem, but I will still hope Tomlin keeps the steelers going strong. That is a head coach.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I even gave up on seeing Fields grow this year under Nagy. I just hope he is not ruined before we get a real hc/oc. I predicted 5 wins before the season started. I'm just so deflated.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected nothing from this game and am still disappointed…

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields’ pick was just bad.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well alright then…

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe is correct...you can say whatever you want about Fields...but for his sake I hope Nagy and this staff don't ruin him as a player before they are given their walking papers.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is we'll have a really high first second round pick next year because we didn't tank last year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!! A game of fucking inches. 3 or 4 more and that would have been a game winner.