• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Houston Texans (0-1-1) at Bears (1-1)

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A screen. I hate life.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roquan!!!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean. Happy we won but man the offense leaves little room for near term hope. We are way off an even “average” passing game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the play calling and offense under much scrutiny. I feel that we'll see Fields throw the ball a bit more and perhaps see some decent results on what should be a decent day on the lakefront.

Mills and company don't scare anybody. However, Lovie returning (again) just gives me bad vibes. That team is going to play hard for him. I'm sure him gaining his first W as Texans HC in Chicago would feel great to him.

You know what this wreaks of? A low scoring game that we control the entire time and then blow a multiple score lead in the 4th.

Texans 20
Bears 16

(After we lead 16-6 in the 4th)

I'm actually still intrigued by this Bears team a little bit and interested in seeing how they respond at home. I think they're the better team. I just have some bad vibes going on here.
You know, I can see why you picked the Texans on this one. I agree this game had that eerie 'we're destined to lose' feel to it. Glad tho we were able to pull it out, thanks to a solid run game, led by Kahlil Herbert, and then of course that clutch INT by Roquan which lead to the game ending FG.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won. Worlds tallest midget contest. Who wanted to lose worse and they found a way to outshine us. We are in a tear down phase of our rebuild.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a strange start to a season...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a strange start to a season...
Strange? We’ve watched the last two games countless times over the past few decades. It’s not strange, it’s quite familiar.

Game 1 was a monsoon so that was strange, the rest is same as usual.

I’d say that the start has been depressing moreso than anything. We all knew the offense was gonna stink. But not only does it stink, we make so few plays in the passing game. And I’m not talking big gainers. Just no plays at all. A simple 10 yard vertical pass gain is like “holy f*cking sh*t.”

We have 235 yards passing on the season. Tua had 199 yards in a single quarter last week. Strange isn’t a strong enough word to quantify that reality.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange? We’ve watched the last two games countless times over the past few decades. It’s not strange, it’s quite familiar.

I’d say that the start has been depressing moreso than anything. We all knew the offense was gonna stink. But not only does it stink, we make so few plays in the passing game. And I’m not talking big gainers. Just no plays at all. A simple 10 yard vertical pass gain is like “holy f*cking sh*t.”

We have 235 yards passing on the season. Tua had 199 yards in a single quarter last week. Strange isn’t a strong enough word to quantify that reality.

We are absolutley pathetic......but then again,we all knew it was coming.

Im still pissed that we never got our best no.1 pick in JF since Walter Payton any damn help after bragging about how much money we will have to spend next season......
Hows about spending a little this season,and to hell with those dbs we drafted for maybe olineman/ wrs.....

Poles better have one helluva draft and freeagency next season to for us to get over this shit show they created....

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think Fields has potential, but Bears did him a disservice this year with so few weapons

I think he could do what jalen hurts is doing for eagles

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Olsen made a few points of how that 3-4 yard strike to Kmet off the line could be turned into something big, That is all we watched rodgers do most of last game, toss and yak. Yeah with Rodgers you can take both meanings of that.

I knew the bears would run all over Houston and that was what was required. Hope Monty is not out long because Ebner is not a solution. I am not sure about Evans on the practice squad, more of a scat back, but could be a good change of pace, has 3 years in the league,

Just an article I found with remaining free agents, Howard reunion anyone?

1) Le’Veon Bell, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2) Devontae Booker, New York Giants
3) David Johnson, Houston Texans
4) Devonta Freeman, Baltimore Ravens
5) Latavius Murray, Baltimore Ravens
6) Tevin Coleman, New York Jets
7) Jordan Howard, Philadelphia Eagles
8) Wayne Gallman, San Francisco 49ers

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Fields is hot garbage.

I have seen enough.

Fields has to have help.....i want to see what he can do with legit players before I decide that....And right now,Poles is the one thats hot garbage.....

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen enough.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet...but man we're catastrophically bad in the passing game.

Giants are a heavy blitz team. Fields will either feast or famine...I would bet heavily on the latter based on what I've seen so far. Very sad.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Fields has potential, but Bears did him a disservice this year with so few weapons

I think he could do what jalen hurts is doing for eagles

I'm ready for another QB failure...but appreciate your kind words. We've been through this a lot over 20 years. LOL

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen enough.
I'm not throwing in the towel yet...but man we're catastrophically bad in the passing game.

Giants are a heavy blitz team. Fields will either feast or famine...I would bet heavily on the latter based on what I've seen so far. Very sad.
Kinda with both of you on this. Definitely we should be a bit more patient with Fields, even tho to date he has shown jack squat. One thing for certain is we shouldn't have the same length patience that we did with Trubisky. My take is let's see how the rest of the season unfolds, but that's it. If he's still sucking in say week 10, week 12, then yeah, let's start keeping an eye out for the QB we'll be taking with our high #1 in next year's draft.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda with both of you on this. Definitely we should be a bit more patient with Fields, even tho to date he has shown jack squat. One thing for certain is we shouldn't have the same length patience that we did with Trubisky. My take is let's see how the rest of the season unfolds, but that's it. If he's still sucking in say week 10, week 12, then yeah, let's start keeping an eye out for the QB we'll be taking with our high #1 in next year's draft.

You cant give up on him no matter how bad this season transpires........
Jags never gave up on Trevor Lawrence after last seasons horrendous showing with that shit show team,now that he has decent players,hes starting to show why he was drafted no.1......
No way do we give up......Our offseason needs to be shown mostly on olineman and wrs....both are pretty much bottom 5 in the league.....they are hrrendous.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant give up on him no matter how bad this season transpires........
Jags never gave up on Trevor Lawrence after last seasons horrendous showing with that shit show team,now that he has decent players,hes starting to show why he was drafted no.1......
No way do we give up......Our offseason needs to be shown mostly on olineman and wrs....both are pretty much bottom 5 in the league.....they are hrrendous.
Ok, maybe I'm being a bit impatient here with JF. It's just I don't want another Trubisky situation, where we waited too long for his development. I just find it hard to believe that two months later if Fields is still playing like shit that we should just shrug our shoulders. But maybe one full season (I'm kinda throwing out last year for a number of reasons) isn't enough. BTW, while I'm with you on our WR corps, I think our OL has performed better than expected. Perhaps not a lot better, but they're not the reason he's sucking at this point.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, maybe I'm being a bit impatient here with JF. It's just I don't want another Trubisky situation, where we waited too long for his development. I just find it hard to believe that two months later if Fields is still playing like shit that we should just shrug our shoulders. But maybe one full season (I'm kinda throwing out last year for a number of reasons) isn't enough. BTW, while I'm with you on our WR corps, I think our OL has performed better than expected. Perhaps not a lot better, but they're not the reason he's sucking at this point.

We are 5th in most sacks given up.......JF is running for his life out there.
Theyve shown alot in run blocking,but damn,that run game does no good once we are down.....We will never compete with the good to great teams.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 5th in most sacks given up.......JF is running for his life out there.
Theyve shown alot in run blocking,but damn,that run game does no good once we are down.....We will never compete with the good to great teams.....
Agreed, but some of that is on Fields himself. There has been sufficient footage showing that if he saw the open receivers, the ball would be getting out much quicker. He's too indecisive so far. I'm not giving the OL a complete pass on this, but please don't excuse Fields either.